One step at a time

OMG Im Naked

Why do you fucks always feel the need to take 5 steps ahead when you havent even completed the step your at?

seriously? at the stage 95% of you are at who cares about krink, and etch, and fire extinguisher tags, and mixing deadly brews of stainer ink why do you all make thread after thread on these topics when im almost 100% certain that hardly any of you even get up using the most conventional of methods. Iam going to give you some advise that will hopefully help you see the light. this is all you need:

1- go to the store, purchase a pilot/magnum.

2- use it until it runs out

3- return to the store for a replacement pilot/magnum.

4- wait several years before your work becomes close to significant, and evolves THEN do some experimentation into some other methods, until then keep repeating steps 1,2 and 3.

Enjoy the rest of your day....thankyou and goodnight.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

OR, learn all you can now and practice practice practice. but dont practice on my street. practice in your back yard. get yourself a good sized piece of plywood and just fuck it up. paint it. buff it. paint it.buff it. paint it. buff it. paint it. if your parents ask just say you are into this kind of art, and ask them if they'd rather you do it illegally. if you stick to this long enough you will get better. but this shit takes time kids. this isnt one week you are a toy the next week you are a king. it takes years to get known. and im talking about non stop painting in these years. good luck children.

3- return to the store for a replacement pilot/magnum.

and thats why there are so many threads about how to make ink,krink.mops, modifieng tips,mixing paint and such..

why go back to the store to buy a new pilot..when you can refill the pilot you already have with a more permanent ink.

and as far as the waiting years and years... i think the definition of fame is much wider than you are getting at..

i know cats that are damn near legends in my old city and the closest they ever came to wildstyle was a three color throwee..

yeah check it. i never cared about anything marker or ink related until i got my handstyles in check. now i'm at the point where i can pull a decent to really nice handstyle for just about any word in the english alphabet, and i'd like to see my shit last a little longer than it would with stock shit. plus, half the fun of it all is brewing up a nice stainer ink recipe or a homemade mop and being stoked to go out and it up with something you made with your hands (and brain). it's what makes it yours - even if you're mixing krink, only you had everything in the exact proportion that you did, no 2 mixes are ever the same if you aren't measuring it all out.

but yeah, if you don't hit up on the regular with stock shit.. yeah. just like painting, you gotta start off using stocks before you get some new yorkers and germans...

Originally posted by iloveboxcars@Oct 21 2004, 09:24 AM

OR, learn all you can now and practice practice practice. but dont practice on my street. practice in your back yard. get yourself a good sized piece of plywood and just fuck it up. paint it. buff it. paint it.buff it. paint it. buff it. paint it. if your parents ask just say you are into this kind of art, and ask them if they'd rather you do it illegally. if you stick to this long enough you will get better. but this shit takes time kids. this isnt one week you are a toy the next week you are a king. it takes years to get known. and im talking about non stop painting in these years. good luck children.

Dead on. And dude, you don't look smart with a screen name like OMG i'm naked.

Yeah just make sure all you new cats out there dont be running through the city one night tagging everything up in site to gain some sort of recognition. Well actually you would probably get some recognition..as being shitty. Like the other guys said, keep it in your backyard, blackbook, wthatever, for a year..then maybe take your shit to the streets. If more people did this, the heat wouldnt be so bad round my neighborhood. Remember, just cuz you read some graff book, watched a video, talked to a couple writers at school, doesnt mean you know anything. If you want respect gotta earn it..but its gonna take time.

for instance. i started really young. i wasnt serious until about 4 years ago... but i started when i was around 10. my mom actually turned me on to graffiti. not specifically, but she showed me how to draw letters. she started with that s..

./\

|||

.\\

|||

.\/

that one. two sets of three lines and then cap off the ends and connect the middle diagonally. right around then i went around with sharpies and actually started a crew with my friend. i dont think we actually had specific names, but our crew name was "the skulls" and we would draw a skull under the tag. we didnt get that from the movie.. i dont even think that movie came out yet.. we just thought skulls were cool. i've been thinking about re-establishing the skulls with 50% of the original members still in the crew. i probably wont do it.

alittle history on iloveboxcars/

can control is something i guess you just learn. i've never had a problem with it. with time you basically know where the spray is going to land

i suggest downloading a bunch of fonts and printing them out. then take several blank sheets of paper and just recreate what you see in those letters only make them block letters and not just lines. understand that you arent going to be king grafftagger after doing this.. but keep doing it on a regular basis with different fonts and not only will you begin to understand letter structure but you will have a healthy amount of styles you will be ready to belt out.

• 1 year later...
it's a constant learning process. sketch' date=' tag, go out, get up. it doesn't matter how bad you suck, if you're a toy, you're a toy. hardly anyone starts out with 'mad skill'. keep at it.[/quote']

ye, if ur toy just do sum little dub in a car park or sme shit who cares good for you

in fact do whatever, you may get taken out but thats how graff works, it has done always and its not like this thread is gona change how graff works

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i think if ur young like in school and u want to get better at graff you should just stop listenin to ur techer and draw ur ass offf...but don't repeat the grade cuz u dont need that much practice...i agree with the ply wood thing to...i just got a nice sized piece of this real thin smooth wood and i buffed it with kilz and i am gunna paint it tomorrow..i am not a total noob i know basic letterin and alright can control i am just workin on really devolopin my style and still improving letters and can control... but umm if ur arent ok with suckin at graff for long time dont even start because it takes a lot of patience....

Archived