Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

ONE MORE QUES? BOUT MY TURNTABLES

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by KONFLIKT, Feb 10, 2002.

1. KONFLIKT

KONFLIKT Guest

CAN I USE THE OIL THAT COMES WITH ELECTRIC HAIR CLIPPERS TO OIL MY CROSS-FADER? I FIGURE I SHOULD BE ABLE TO CUZ THE OIL IS MADE FOR METAL PARTS AND I DONT THINK IT CONDUCTS ELECTRICITY. IF ANYONES GOT AN ANSWER PLEASE REPLY.

2. metallix

metallix Elite Member

thats mineral oil u have there.

3. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

dont think thats good...but im not sure..

I broke my fuckin crossfader this weekend..im pissed..fuckin 250$$ down the drain, im gonna send this fucker back..

4. KONFLIKT

KONFLIKT Guest

SO CAN I USE IT?

?SI O NO?

5. KONFLIKT

KONFLIKT Guest

BROKEN FADER

COMPANYS MAKE REPLACEMENT FADERS SO YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY A WHOLE NEW MIXER THEY RUN FROM 20-60 DOLLARS. SO TECHNICLLY ITS NOT 250 DOWN THE DRAIN. CHECK AROUND ONLINE.

6. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

juss spend the $10 worth of oil for it so you dont fuck it up

7. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

question

i have an old hitachi turntable i took from my grandmas garage. it works okay, but the only problem is that it plays records a minor third faster than the pitch they are meant to be heard at. and this is when its set to play at 33 rpms...im guessing its fucked but i still might take it to get looked at. and i probly wont get any replies to this, except maybe from one who djs and will laugh at me for using an old hitachi turntable.

8. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

i will laugh at no one because i have no turntables at all .....

if i was that other kid id definately spend the money on the proper oil so as not to fuck it up ......

9. avils

avils Senior Member

Konflikt - You need to get some 'cailube' for you fader rails. Dont use that hair clipper oil shit.. you'll regret it. Just open up your mixer, take out the fader and put a small amount of cailube on the rails. Also, clean the contacts of the fader with some contact spray or somethin like that to get rid of any bleeding or leaking. You can get cailube from www.cailube.com (I think, do a google search in case) but trust me dude, that cailube is the SHIT !!

KAES - You prollu just need a new belt for your granpas Hitachi. Or if its direct drive, open it up and see if it's got quarts adjust inside it (doubtful)..

UP !

10. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

grandma...my grandpas been in heaven for a while. thanks, ill see what i can do about it.

11. avils

avils Senior Member

Sorry man..