Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

once in a blue moon...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by freeze, Jul 30, 2004.

1. freeze

freeze Member

so random trivial fact for you all...

this saturday we will all be lucky enough to experience an actual blue moon. no, the moon won't actually be blue, but the second full moon to appear within the same calandar month. just heard this today on the morning talk shows and thought it was interesting because i always just thought "blue moons" were just a fictitious way of saying "there's no fucking chance."

2. Gunm

Gunm Banned

then they really can't call it a "blue moon" now can they?

What a rip off

3. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

does this mean Hell is going to freeze over? and pigs are going to fly? cats living with dogs?

4. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

all the full moons have names..

said to predate christianity

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/astronomy/fu...lmoonnames.html

for example:

• Full Harvest Moon - September This is the full Moon that occurs closest to the autumn equinox. In two years out of three, the Harvest Moon comes in September, but in some years it occurs in October. At the peak of harvest, farmers can work late into the night by the light of this Moon. Usually the full Moon rises an average of 50 minutes later each night, but for the few nights around the Harvest Moon, the Moon seems to rise at nearly the same time each night: just 25 to 30 minutes later across the U.S., and only 10 to 20 minutes later for much of Canada and Europe. Corn, pumpkins, squash, beans, and wild rice the chief Indian staples are now ready for gathering.

5. 455

455 Guest

I'll be too busy drinking beer to notice.....

6. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

WILL there be blue werewolves??

[​IMG]

7. Scrabble

Scrabble Member

The moon?
    I dont think I've seen that thing in years..
    Why is it orange sometimes?
    I like orange.

8. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

stuff in the earth's atmosphere alters the moon's appearance (size&color)

9. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Blue Moon - shitty song. Cool info tho, im sure ill spit it at someone today.