Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Once again, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Telo, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Telo

Telo Elite Member

I have a few questions about modern skyscraper architecture and a few questions about rennaisance/ roman church architecture.

if this is anyones niche or major in a college could you please lend me your brains possibly on AIM? this is for project i have to do good on or i will fail not only the class but my entire life.

I vaguely recall hearing someone talk about architecture in the past. And seeking, its local architecture here in the city so if you knew anything about this subject, that would be excellently great.

Come on oz'ers.. i know you guys have all had this shit on your journey through a local universities courses...

wordup

2. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra Senior Member

3. Telo

Telo Elite Member

i cant really find shit on google.. everything is way too broad..

For instance,

International Style Architecture.. I need a definition and characteristics of that style.

4. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

my old mans an artichoke

5. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

6. JohnnyLode

JohnnyLode Member

holy shit thats weird, i have a test on this exact subject in less than 2 hours... post some questions and ill see if i can answer them for you

7. JohnnyLode

JohnnyLode Member

This is what my book defines Internation Style as:

An architectural style that emerged in several European countries between 1910 and 1920. Related to purism and De Stijl in painting, it joined structure and exterior design into a noneclectic form based on rectangular geometty and growing out of the basic function and structure of the building.

De Stijl: A Dutch purist art movement begun during World War 1 by Mondriam and others. It involved painters, sculptors, desiners and architects whose works and ideas were expressed in De Stijl magazine. De Stijl, Dutch for "the style" was aimed at creating a universal language of form the would be independent of individual emotion. Visual form was pared down to primary colors plus black and white, and rectangular shapes. The movement was influential primarily in architecture.

Here is a paraphrase on some other stuff:
    International Style (also called International Modern) expressed the function of each building, its underlying structure, and a logical (often asymmetrical) plan.

With a simple drawing of the Domino Construction System , Le Corbusier--French architect, painter, and city planner-- demonstrated the basic components of steel-column and reinforced-concrete-slab construction. This concept was used extensively later in the century as architects adopted the look, and sometimes the principles, of the International Style. Le Courbusier's idea of supporting floors and roof on interior load-bearing columns instead of load-bearing walls made it possible to vary the placement of interior walls and the nature of exterior coverings. His sense of style was inspiried by the effeiciency of machines and an awareness of the importance of natural light.

8. JohnnyLode

JohnnyLode Member

Some examples of Internation Style would be the Bauhaus building in Dessau, Germany, designed by Walter Gropius.

The Seagram Building designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and Philip Johnson is a modern example skyscraper of this style.

9. Telo

Telo Elite Member

DUUUUUUDE.. johny lode ( i feel weird saying johny lode) anyways.. whats your AIM if you have one and if you are still surfing the board? i need help asap.. thankyou..

10. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Duuuude.........I may be in college but architecture.......not my thang. Sorry Tee-low.

Yellow pages maybe?

11. Telo

Telo Elite Member

yellow pages is a negative.. And its telo as in telephone. or the greek god Telos or as in Telos being the complete and entire END

12. adderall

adderall Elite Member

try #architects on efnet!

13. Telo

Telo Elite Member

Can i get soem help here? i need it for gothic and romansque architecture..

PLEAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

gothic architecture:

its a style of architecture that started in northern france that then developed in other countries in europe between teh times of 12th and 16th centuries.

you can tell what the difference between gothic architecture and other classes by the slender vertical piers, pointed arches, "and counterbalancing buttresses and by vaulting and pointed arches."

like seen here:
    http://www.lycochoir.com/europepages/imagesczech97/cathe3.jpg'>
    see the pointed arches in the front. the vertical piers.

this is a flying buttress:
    [img]http://faculty.evansville.edu/rl29/art105/img/flybuttelev.gif'>

[img]http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/avp/cas/fnart/arch/gothic/chartres/chartres024.jpg'>

15. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

romanesque:

this style developed in italy and western europe between roman and gothic styles "after 1000 AD."

the difference is round arches and vaults. and instead of piers, columns are used. as well as ornamental design.

like seen here:

http://www.thais.it/architettura/romanica/lo_res/00299.jpg'>
    the round arches.

[img]http://employees.oneonta.edu/farberas/arth/images/109images/Romanesque/St_Sernin/Nave_Vault.jpg'>
    round vaults and columns

[img]http://www.yale.edu/adhoc/teaching_resources/700a96/images/cd2/2im54.gif'>

[img]http://www.a-castle-for-rent.com/castles/images/Poitiers7.jpg'>
    ornamental designs