On the subject of school...

bathoræ

Given the study/finals/school topics of late; I'm interested in how many of you are going to college and what everyone is studying. Or, if you've already received a degree, what is it in? Why'd you pick what you did?

I'm guessing Poop Man Bob is doing the law thing, and non-hetero seems to be going for psychology... (correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyone planning on going to graduate school?

I'm currently planning on going into psychology because I seem to have a sort of unhealthy obsession with the way people function... Conditions permitting, I hope to get a Phd. eventually (most likely in Clinical Psych.)

:idea: :idea: :idea:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'm in junior college, just working on transferring to a four-year for a b.a. in something. not too picky at this point in my life. this is funny because i had this conversation with someone on friday night: what the fuck do you do with a four-year degree in psychology? all we could come up with is guidance counselor.

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

what the fuck do you do with a four-year degree in psychology? all we could come up with is guidance counselor.

Yea, there's only a handfull of things you can do with a BS... Most of it is either Counselling or Research... nothing that makes good money, really.

Although, my real dad's girlfriend is working on her dissertation right now in Psych. She's got her counselling certificate and works in the Psych ward at one of the local emergency rooms making mad amounts of money. They pay $200-300 a case and you get on average 3-4 cases per shift. Downside is that the shifts are 12 hours, but still...

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

I have a degree in Sports Business. Well, actually I'll have it at the end of this year, I still only have to take two classes starting in January....

But it will have taken 3 and a half years to realize that I don't want to do anything involved in Sports Business....

sport agents make mad dough mah niggah

i'm a 20 year old freshman at the University of New Mexico

i worked for 2 years after i graduated from high school and i wasn't happy with my jobs (banker, and sales represenative for a local newspaper) so i decided i wanted to go back to school. i am planning on getting my masters, eventually after i get my ba. i want to be a teacher, preferaly for elemenyry kids, grades 3-5.

i know there is not much money in teaching but it is somthing i have wanted to do for some time now, and i think it is quite a noble profession.

Originally posted by DETO

i'm a 20 year old freshman at the University of New Mexico

i worked for 2 years after i graduated from high school and i wasn't happy with my jobs (banker, and sales represenative for a local newspaper) so i decided i wanted to go back to school. i am planning on getting my masters, eventually after i get my ba. i want to be a teacher, preferaly for elemenyry kids, grades 3-5.

i know there is not much money in teaching but it is somthing i have wanted to do for some time now, and i think it is quite a noble profession.

you sound like a profile on those online dating services :lol:

Originally posted by bathoræ

I'm currently planning on going into psychology because I seem to have a sort of unhealthy obsession with the way people function... Conditions permitting, I hope to get a Phd. eventually (most likely in Clinical Psych.)

psychology is my favorite class this semester.

Shit is interesting like fuck.

Re: Re: On the subject of school...

Originally posted by DETO

psychology is my favorite class this semester.

Shit is interesting like fuck.

yea... I've got 4 psych classes lined up for next semester: Stat Principles, Learning and Memory, Brain and Behavior, and Cognitive psych...

:o

trying to get into honors for the fall semester...

Guest ctrl+alt+del

i envy you people that have things that youve always wanted to do. me, i dont really want to do anything. i was thinking itd be superbly ill to do voice over work for cartoons and that type of crap. but you dont need college for that, do you?

Originally posted by GucciCondom

best thing i ever read.

Damn, seems like people are stepping the Tease-hate up a few notches lately.

I'm 24, and really have just started school. I'm taking web and graphic design classes. There's a BA program for web design where I go, but I don't really know what the hell I would need the degree for.

I have many american friends and theyve shown me the work they have to do and they tell me about american school, fuck you guys got it easy. Shit come to a decent english school, now thats some challenging shit plus the exam boards love to fuck the school system and change the syllabus half way through the year.

But anyway Im studying Fine art, Graphical art, Graphic design and Graphic Products