On a more serious note

Overtime

Im not going to center my text becasue i want real answers, and i would probably just get more shit and bullshit answers back.

so here is my question.

You can look back in time to art and big names like Da Vinci and Michaelangelo and peoople like that. But, looking at our century, and our generations, who do you think will be remembered and thought of hundreds of years from now, what art will still be around like the sistine chapel. I have been wondering about this for a while now, but havent come up with much.

What do you guys think, who will be remembered for ages to come?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

no one really comes to mind...i live in an artsy little town, known for our artist, skiing and art galleries, but i can't say that even our best artist will be remembered for their contribution to the world of art...

I've actually read stuff about this ( I read about everything...) but back in those days it was alot of time before the real presence of their art could reach enough people to become legendary. In this day and age we have instant presentation to anywhere in the world so we also have living legends. Think about it. A thousand years from now after the world is ravaged by nuclear war and powermonging warlords, aliens will be rummaging through our rubble on some kind of archeological dig and they are more likely to find say a Britney Spears album then they are say, the Poor Righteous Teachers... Not only that but the ubiquity of britney spears will also be an indication of importance or popularity.

You may go back to centering your type now. :rolleyes:

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by onesecondple

Im not going to center my text becasue i want real answersB]

After having said that, and without any intention to be an ass...why do you center your text in the first place, shits tough to read and disoriantating...its cool for titles and photo threads.

Same with color, i never got why you and deto are rockin that...i mean you guys are way cool to be using e-tricks...anyway, i like both you kids so dont take it the wrong way, i just had to say it.

And to the subject,

Its always hard to tell what will survive as classic. The dopest way to understand that is to try to define classic...Davincis skectches could never be concidered 'art' back then, Goyas engravings the same, Caravaggios technique was concidered a fraud by the 'classics' of his time, and so on...Another way is to try and imagine that in Da Vinci's era there were millions of artists around and thousands that were somewhat famous and respected, however time washes away junk and keeps only the stuff that really mattered.

I couldnt say what or who will stay from this era however trying to find it by wondering 'who paints better' or 'who is more exposed' is definatelly the wrong way to go.

Its my understanding that the media that will mark our era isnt painting and sculpture(unluckilly for me), cinema and advertising is the most influential and most consumed visual artform today.

If anyone remembers the yearlong benneton campaign a photographer named Oliver Toscani did. Huge posters with the brands logo as a detail and as subject, photos that dealt with rasicm, for the most part, aswell as other social issues. He was fired some years ago, when he and his team sneaked in death row as reporters or something and took pictures of the -abouttobeexecuted- that then printed as a benneton ad that got in everystreet in europe, and i guess other places aswell.

So, while its not in my best interest i cant see why this whole thing couldnt be regarded as one of the greatest works of this time.

Re: Re: On a more serious note

Originally posted by Tesseract

After having said that, and without any intention to be an ass...why do you center your text in the first place, shits tough to read and disoriantating...its cool for titles and photo threads.

Same with color, i never got why you and deto are rockin that...i mean you guys are way cool to be using e-tricks...anyway, i like both you kids so dont take it the wrong way, i just had to say it.

i do it because i like how it looks, i mean, i apologize for it pissing people off, but i like it, and thats really all that matters and tess, dont worry, i know you arent an ass, you a dope cat, and as for the color, i dont know, just cuz oh, you said we are way cool, thats awesome, cuz me and the deto are

Guest imported_Tesseract

No worries bro,

Just you mutherfuckers know that reading your stuff is kinda tough on the eye, reason i often skip your posts:D :(

Originally posted by Tesseract

No worries bro,

Just you mutherfuckers know that reading your stuff is kinda tough on the eye, reason i often skip your posts:D :(

that makes me sad that you skip my posts........but its a price to pay

Originally posted by Pfffffffffft

dondi white

i would love to believe that dondi would go down in history for art, but it probably wont happen. No doubt Dondi will be remember till the end of time in the graffiti world, but elsewhere, i dont know.

seeks rambling rebuttles and pointless diatribes....

robert rauschenberg is generally considered to be one of the most important artists of the 21st century. he's influenced a whole lot more than anyone (including myself, who happens to like him quite a bit) really notices.

andy warhol. regardless of who invented what, warhol takes the cake for post-modern 'pop' art. no one did it as prolifically, or got as much credit for it as he did.

basquiat. dude is not fresh to me at all. maybe he was real dope on the low, but ive never seen a single thing that really seemed too fresh to me. i'm chalking his whole career up to the power of hype and heroin.

geiger. another overly hyped, overly technical, completely souless waste of time. if dude could be any more boring to me, i'd forget how to breath and die before i could finish typing this.

architects. architects get totally slept on as being artists. as our world becomes bigger (and simultaniously smaller) architects play a larger roll in how we view art and nature and all that. i cant really name anyone other than frank loyd write, but thats fine, because i doubt most people can either. it doesnt matter though, its not about the people, its the products.

kaws. two words; "kaws chomper". one word; 'bitch recognize'. ok, that was two words also, but you see where i'm coming from. no one embodies the spirit of youth culture like kaws. that guy rips hard.

just kidding. pop art is 99% stupid, 1% good to make fun of on the internet.

advertising companies. advertising and marketing should get more respect for their toiless work on selling us stuff we dont need or want or want to need. they're destroying the world, but they're nailing it down to a science in the meantime. dont knock the hustle.

roca wear. they didnt invent the velure jogging suit, but what would black people do without them?

answer: be cold and not so color coordinated.

(thats word).

ok, i'm gonna stop now.

seeks/sleeps

Archived