OLDBOY

oneeightyone

Holy christ puncher, i just picked this movie up. it's ab out a guy that gets locked up in a small prison for 15 years, framed for the murder of his wife, one day he wakes up on a roof. in a business suit, cash in his wallet and a cellphone, then given 5 days to figure out why he was kidnapped and imprisoned, so dude takes revenge on everybody involved. everyone.

Not only is the plot fucking awesome.

there's a fight scene that totally kicks the shit out of every fight scene ive ever seen in the history of movies that ive watched. amazing

GO PICK IT UP!!!

oldboy3.jpg

OldBoy-Poster.jpg

main.jpg

TRAILER

in the trailer the part where he's fighting like 39 dudes is the best fight scene ever.

damn this was a good movie, cinemetography was off the hinges as well.

AWESOME APPROVED!.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Although the movie is fucking awesome, I really fucking hated the fight scenes, ESPECIALLY the hallway one, which everyone seems to rave about. The only cool thing is that it's all done on one take, which is impressive, but it looks pretty terrible. Punches swung two feet away from faces, total wimp kicks, and just general repetitive get-beatdown-and-swarmed-then-miraculously-get-back-up shennanigans. I dunno, I wasn't feeling it, it's like they went for a hyperreal look and didn't quite make it, so the fakeness gets thrown into high relief. At least with wire-fu and choreographed stuff you KNOW it's supposed to look fake.

Any fight scene in Ong Bak shits on this one. Choreographed as they were, some dudes REALLY got their grills bashed in good during filming. One dude on a motorcycle gets a flying knee to the face that actually knocked him out for a few seconds, you can see it in the extras.

That said, Oldboy is an excellent movie and you should watch it.

holy fuck, i just wrote that when i put it on pause after the fightscene, just because it was that badass.

the ending will fuck your brain, seriously it'll leave a fuckign hole in there.

ive never had a surprise ending like this. no joke, holy shit, koreans are some ill thinking motherfuckers.

i picked it up from blockbuster so yea they carry it.

Originally posted by sarcasm@Sep 30 2005, 01:34 AM

yeah i saw this after i read some review about it. shit is a fucking twisted movie. the writer of the movie has some issues or something...

No, it's just Korean. People look at all this stuff from Japan and Korea and think the people who made it must be fucked up, but it's normal over there.

It's like those videos of japanese women inserting various reptiles and eels... they do that shit every day after dinner.

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus+Sep 30 2005, 03:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biggus Dickus - Sep 30 2005, 03:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sarcasm@Sep 30 2005, 01:34 AM

yeah i saw this after i read some review about it.  shit is a fucking twisted movie.  the writer of the movie has some issues or something...

No, it's just Korean. People look at all this stuff from Japan and Korea and think the people who made it must be fucked up, but it's normal over there.

It's like those videos of japanese women inserting various reptiles and eels... they do that shit every day after dinner.

[/b]

HAHAHAHA. thats awesome.

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus+Sep 30 2005, 04:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biggus Dickus - Sep 30 2005, 04:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sarcasm@Sep 30 2005, 01:34 AM

yeah i saw this after i read some review about it.  shit is a fucking twisted movie.  the writer of the movie has some issues or something...

[/b]

no doubt, no doubt.

the socio-cultural forces of the East and West are vastly different.

i don't see anything particularly messed up in Oldboy, but that has lot to do with the production and formalist excellence.

new Park Chan-wook.

Guest imported_b0b

I really liked how the scene looked like a platform game. It is a good film.

It doesn't have a fight scene, but Infernal Affairs is a good Hong Kong cop movie which feaures the guy from Oldboy

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus+Sep 30 2005, 01:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biggus Dickus - Sep 30 2005, 01:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sarcasm@Sep 30 2005, 01:34 AM

yeah i saw this after i read some review about it. shit is a fucking twisted movie. the writer of the movie has some issues or something...

[/b]

i've seen my fair share of korean movies.... that being i am korean..

i must agree with the dude who said asian movies are way better b/c conceptually they take it to a whole new level. but even for movie these days (asian or not), this movie is pretty far out there...

Originally posted by b0b@Sep 30 2005, 12:11 PM

I really liked how the scene looked like a platform game. It is a good film.

It doesn't have a fight scene, but Infernal Affairs is a good Hong Kong cop movie which feaures the guy from Oldboy

yea, infernal affairs was pretty good too. had a nice plot to it, wonder if i can infiltrate the force that way.

Anyways koreans are dope. or at least their fucked up movies are.

Originally posted by SPORTO@Sep 30 2005, 09:21 AM

+ I also put this in the

Recomended Movie thread a month ago,

if anybody bothered to

I quit reading that thread over a month ago because 90% of the recommendations were for shit like Fight Club that you'd have to have been caged up for the past 15 years for no reason not to have seen.

read my fuck'n posts

fUcK 'n pOsTs 'n gRaFf