Old School Macintosh Jams?

deformatron

Lets see if any of you know what the hell im talking about.

A couple years ago, i was given one of those old ass Macintosh SEs. Theyre the little tiny gray boxes with the 9 inch screen and like 130k of memory or something. One of the floppys that came with it had a program called MusicWorks that allowed you to make a song with 4 tracks of different synth type sounds. It even had "drum" tones, but they sounded more like farts and swishing sounds. Anyway, i got hooked on making weird little songs on this thing. The tones are pretty similar to the sounds on alot of the old nintendo games: real low quality, distorted, stacatto almost analog sounding synths.

So, fastforward to a week ago. I try and start the computer up, and since its running off a floppy disk (it has no hard drive) i have an external HD plugged in that seems to have crapped out and had all my songs saved on it.

1. can my old songs be extracted from this thing? i hope so cause some of them were pretty complex

2. how can i tell if the drive is definitley broken?

3. is there a newer emulator that exists thatll run this program, or a new program thatll have an interface and sounds like the original?

thanks......

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.