Old School Europe...the roots !!

MidniteRun

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not Europe ...this is Germany and anyone can see that they bit everything in the early days straight from subway art.

The rest of Europe ie Paris and London had their own style at this time...

London even more than Paris...

Dont lump the whole of Europe together cause Germany still has a tendancy to bite America....Bates....cough...cough:lol: :lol:

Guest imported_Europe
Originally posted by DaDecorators

This is not Europe ...this is Germany and anyone can see that they bit everything in the early days straight from subway art.

The rest of Europe ie Paris and London had their own style at this time...

London even more than Paris...

Dont lump the whole of Europe together cause Germany still has a tendancy to bite America....Bates....cough...cough:lol: :lol:

Dear Mr Decorator, please read carefully the whole message....

I wrote :

"Some old skool stuff on steel.... Today...featuring "MÜNCHEN"... "

And the thread is about Europe....Mr Europe has directly understood what i meant !! :crazy:

And please, don't tell me London didn't bite NY !?

Cause everybody did in the beginning !! :o

Unfortunatly...

Unfortunatly, follwoing all the problems they have in France with the SNCF (National Railway Cie), lots of sites have been closed to avoid fines like some magazines like Graff It will (maybe) have to pay...

That's why it's hard to find old skool stuff about France...but if you know any link...let me know... :cool:

Anyway, if you go to http://www.backindayz.com/ and click on [roulant], you'll find nice stuff fro mthe beginning of the 90's...Featuring old SDK, D77, DKC etc pieces .... Enjoy :crazy:

• 2 months later...
Guest krowteN

This is not Europe ...this is Germany

:lol: :lol:

it is better to be thought a fool in silence than to speak and remove all doubt.

and what piece in subway art looks like this one?

http://www.sketch.dk/billeder/trains/desire.jpg'>

in the beginning europe writers had a very distinct style..while many were copying subway art, there were others who were creating new styles. give credit where it is due and quit hating.

what year was the first euro style formed? that we know of? not right away in 83 right? probly a couple years after right? i hear sento influenced the typical euro styles is this true to you? when did the big trend of "euro style" start to kick in the majority of ex: trains and the majority of graffiti (before 90's?) ow where did the trend spread? is it true the rome subway is still bombed like new york? is there any other eropean city train system thats as bombed or really bombed with runners all the time?why dosnt everyone go nuts over the rome subway? bench it all day hit it and know your shit will run, just have fun filming it or whatever all day any day, why is it still bombed like that? simply cause poor coountry? arent there poorer countrys? do you think it will last or get cleaned up soon? isnt crazy intrsting to still have a subway system somewhereion the world bombed like ny in 80's? isnt that every writers dream you can pretend its like new york back in the day... if you think you know id love it of answered some of first quetions especaelyy...

This is dope to see!

Hadn't seen much old school Euro. Can see how is progressed, and how it was influenced by NY.

I got told by a guy I met that the 'Euro Style" ( quick letters, funky fills and fat caps...) was invented just to increase output: ie) rather than one e2e, they'd hit 9 panels or whatever.

Is this the story? And who started this concept?

Peace

-drama

This is not Europe ...this is Germany and anyone can see that they bit everything in the early days straight from subway art

everybody did in those days. unless you lived (and was bombing) in NY in the 70's/early 80's so did you.

bates isn't german you tool, and his stuff doesn't look very american to me. germany has a whole plethora of very original styles. get schooled or look the fool.

wow everybody really must of liked dondi a lot back then. So apparently Subway art did have a big impact around the world-

WHat ide really like to see is around when did they stop copying american styles and who was the originator that was really first laying it down over there? Who is the one that set the standard canon for the euro graff style. Was it the invention of spraypaint designed for graffiti? The bright multicolored simple train pieces i see today online had to have its roots with someone?

no those simple colour train pieces evolved out of lack of time in the yards.

I dont know why people still do those styles when they have time....thats something I think is lame....people seem to have forgotten what skinny nozles are for and they only use fatcaps on trains.

If your gonna do something then do it propa....saying that though it has still led to a new style of graff I suppose.

weather you like it or not is a different question.

But ny in the 80's people had to be quick too and that "euro type style" didnt form, just two letter craxk fill quik looking, and pieces to bit complex but sloppier... but how did europe get that style trend going? your shure simply from not having time in yards.. then why didnt new york develop that cause in the 80's im sure new york yards were equally if not more hotter than europes yards!! (even if its vise versa now a daeys) does somebody know? what year did sento bomb or hit trains in europe? all the way in the 80's? or later? Anybody know which years there were no doubt any "euro style" (not at all resembling any american style) and all influenced by amereica (subway art, style warz wild style (then year later bweat street etc..) so which is the first year people have record of "ero style" simple n weird (until you get used to it) etc... what year was that piece that som1 claimed to be ionly eurpe style from? i think theres similarities in american pieces like trhat one (futura no?)... when did this "euro trend" really kick in hard also...

Guest imported_Europe
Originally posted by skroeape

Byour shure simply from not having time in yards.. then why didnt new york develop that cause in the 80's ..

They did develope that. I believe it was called the "throw-up"...

Originally posted by droptheknife

EUROPE is not one country! There is hundreds of classic and non-classic letter forms coming out of the various countries in Europe.

Don't judge it by the few panels you have seen online.:rolleyes:

the only people i've seen piss and moan about "euro graff" are people that can't paint for shit. real writers know what's up