Old Paint Anew?????

Skitzofrenik

I dont know if anyone here remembers a brand of Krylon called Living Color but at a local Liquidation Store I found a whole shit load of it for 50 cents a can, I was like well, its made by Krylon so its prolly decent and at 50 cents cant really go wrong, anyways I bought about 20 bucks worth, and when I go to test it out the shit comes out like Cheese Whiz, serious like Silly String, I shaked the shit for like 5mins strait, helped a little but still is all like bubbly and shit.

Does anyone know a way to make really old spraypaint work again?? Thought maybe there was a secret or something I didnt know about, if not, I will just junk it haha.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

holy shit i remember that paint! worst paint ever, for like 3 dollars

the LOW ODOR sticker on it actually meant SMELLS LIKE SHIT, WORSE THAT NORMAL PAINT, FOR NO GOOD REASON

came with wack caligraphyesqe stock cap, couldnt fit a rusto fat on it i dont think

even when they were new, the first quarter of the can came out like silly string and bubbled when sparyed on something and dried that way

one or two of the colors came out okay like the purple. it was pretty thick, but didnt cover nearly as well as rusto.

Well, I remember when that paint first came out, and it wasn't long enough to qualify as "old paint". The problem with it is that it's latex paint, and any latex paint in an aerosol can sprays like that, even other brands.

You'll probably have learned that you shouldn't buy 100 cans of something without knowing how it sprays now, huh?

On the bright side, my experience has been that that paint works great on bare wood and stone. It's perfect for spots like that, even if it may require a little extra time to fill because of the small spray. You can also use it for sketching during piecing, and save all your good paint for something else. Get creative. It's paint in a can. Some interesting fill effects, I'm sure. I'd probably buy a few for 50 cents a pop.