Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Old Paint Anew?????

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Skitzofrenik, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skitzofrenik

Skitzofrenik Member

I dont know if anyone here remembers a brand of Krylon called Living Color but at a local Liquidation Store I found a whole shit load of it for 50 cents a can, I was like well, its made by Krylon so its prolly decent and at 50 cents cant really go wrong, anyways I bought about 20 bucks worth, and when I go to test it out the shit comes out like Cheese Whiz, serious like Silly String, I shaked the shit for like 5mins strait, helped a little but still is all like bubbly and shit.

Does anyone know a way to make really old spraypaint work again?? Thought maybe there was a secret or something I didnt know about, if not, I will just junk it haha.

2. its not because the paint is old, its because the paint sucks. period. return it and get your money back, stat.

3. deformatron

deformatron Member

holy shit i remember that paint! worst paint ever, for like 3 dollars

the LOW ODOR sticker on it actually meant SMELLS LIKE SHIT, WORSE THAT NORMAL PAINT, FOR NO GOOD REASON

came with wack caligraphyesqe stock cap, couldnt fit a rusto fat on it i dont think

even when they were new, the first quarter of the can came out like silly string and bubbled when sparyed on something and dried that way

one or two of the colors came out okay like the purple. it was pretty thick, but didnt cover nearly as well as rusto.

4. HAL

HAL Dirty Dozen Crew

Well, I remember when that paint first came out, and it wasn't long enough to qualify as "old paint". The problem with it is that it's latex paint, and any latex paint in an aerosol can sprays like that, even other brands.

You'll probably have learned that you shouldn't buy 100 cans of something without knowing how it sprays now, huh?

On the bright side, my experience has been that that paint works great on bare wood and stone. It's perfect for spots like that, even if it may require a little extra time to fill because of the small spray. You can also use it for sketching during piecing, and save all your good paint for something else. Get creative. It's paint in a can. Some interesting fill effects, I'm sure. I'd probably buy a few for 50 cents a pop.

5. wase

wase New Jack

yeah i have a few cans of that.. its toooooooo thick and a lot of caps dont work on it. but they did have some fresh colors

6. JambaJuice

JambaJuice Senior Member

try before you buy homie

7. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

damn that shit is horrible to fill with, i guess it works for other stuff though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.