old nyc hardcore records...

otto dix

i recently came across a small lot of old harcore records...i have been collecting vinyl for some time, but never really got too involved with the hardcore aspect of it...just wondering if anyone knew anything about these releases...value, rarity, etc. i am not looking to sell them, just interested...i checked ebay and only one item was listed...i also checked the revelation auction boards but was not helped....thanks.

-judge "new york city crew" revelation #14 1989 blue vinyl

-bad trip "positively bad" 1988 no label, black vinyl

-insted "we'll make the difference" 1989 nemesis records, black vinyl

-gorilla biscuits "s/t" revelation #4 1988 black vinyl

-inside out "above all" 1989 noiseville records, red vinyl

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest GoBiloe

i can tell you only one thing about them for certain... i want them! well maybe not the inside out or bad trip. im not a collector but it would be dope to have an original gorilla biscuits record.

Guest serpent of the light

yeah, the judge one i'm interested in forsure, it'll be worth some (as far as hc records go...) the gb's one may be too, just because the name though, they suck.

the judge on blue is first press on rev. it was pressed before that on schism, and likly still has schism plates.. it goes for between 30-40 dollars.

the inside out is also a great find, im not sure of the value of it though.

whats the cover for the GB record look like?

3 scene points for scoring these records

Guest serpent of the light
Originally posted by footsoldier

oh yea: serpent loses 100 scene points for disrespecting gorilla biscuits...

yeah well... i don't like those guys, never have. but i was at shogun's final show ever last night. that's a few points back i think? it sucked though, coalesce headlined, and the sound guys completely fucked them up, you couldn't hear the vocals at all. i was rather pissed. i couldn't dance w/o their vox. ugh. bastards.

Originally posted by footsoldier

the judge on blue is first press on rev. it was pressed before that on schism, and likly still has schism plates.. it goes for between 30-40 dollars.

I had a copy of the judge on blue and sold it on ebay for $100. I also had 8 copies of the new york crew 7" on schism, and have sold 2 copies for $75 each. gotta love ebay.

Yes,....I used to be a REALLY into collecting hardcore records. I still love hardcore, but have since lost interest in getting the cool,hard to find records.

Originally posted by Frate Raper

how can any one run their mouth on gb???fuck man i don't know you or anything but fuck you suck

I agree 100%!! GB (at the time) were totally innovative and original. They were the first melodic hardcore band that really put a dent in the east coast. Much respect!

Anyone have flicks of the Ghost trains with the GB character on them?

....heading to the dragons lair!!

Originally posted by DITDxCULT

Also...

does anyone have the different versions of Start Today? 1)The one with Civ singing before Walter stepped in and changed everything and 2) The version with Walter singing?

Moondog anyone?

Yes, i have the one called "walter sings" i've never heard of the one where Civ sings, and i have a hard time believing that exists since walter wrote the whole album. he wrote the lyrics and sang it onto a demo for civ to learn since walter was going to euorpe with youth of today for awhile, and wanted civ to be ready to record when he got back.

i have the moondog 7" too. i personally think its fresher than GB.

Also:

-Wide awake 7"

-Bold 7"

-Icemen 7" (blue vinyl)

-Youth of Today-live at CBGB 7" (pre 88 with mike judge on drums, and craig setari on bass)

-Grudge 7" (this was a make fun of sxe record. a parody of all the 80s sxe bands)

-Burn-live at CBGB--this was limited to a pressing of 500

-Burn-live CD

-CroMags-demo 10"--this is most of the songs from the age of quarrel album, but a much more RAW mix. its sooo much better than the album. they even show their bad brains influence by doing a dub reggae song.

I also have many old Agnostic Front and Sick of It All LP's on InEffect Records

these are off the top of my head, when i get home i can dig through the crates and see what else i still have.

Originally posted by bug

i've never heard of the one where Civ sings, and i have a hard time believing that exists since walter wrote the whole album.

It exists. I have a really poor dub of it. It is civ's original vocals for start today before walter re-wrote the vocal parts. Or maybe Walter had the vocal parts written the whole time and Civ wanted to lay down his own version. I dunno. Regardless, I have it and it is NOT EVEN NEAR as good as Walters parts.

Also, just to put my 2 cents in...my favorite NYHC band was Beyond, but weren't they from Long Island?

euro kids are crazy...they embrace 1980's american subculture...alot of their graf is heavily influenced by early american stuff, and theres nothing they love more than cheesy 80's style youth crew. honestly im thinking of moving to europe so that ill be embraced like a god.

yep beyond was from long island.

they immediately followed all the whole youth crew bands. and every single one of them went on to greater things.

Kevin-1.6 band, i forgot what else he did

Tom-Bold, Gorilla Biscuits, Shelter, Quicksand, Handsome

Vic-Inside out, Shelter, 108, Burn

Alan-Burn, Quicksand, Seawe....blaaahhh, what the fuck is wrong with you Alan?

Archived