Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

old nyc hardcore records...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by otto dix, Apr 1, 2002.

1. otto dix

otto dix Veteran Member

i recently came across a small lot of old harcore records...i have been collecting vinyl for some time, but never really got too involved with the hardcore aspect of it...just wondering if anyone knew anything about these releases...value, rarity, etc. i am not looking to sell them, just interested...i checked ebay and only one item was listed...i also checked the revelation auction boards but was not helped....thanks.

-judge "new york city crew" revelation #14 1989 blue vinyl
    -bad trip "positively bad" 1988 no label, black vinyl
    -insted "we'll make the difference" 1989 nemesis records, black vinyl
    -gorilla biscuits "s/t" revelation #4 1988 black vinyl
    -inside out "above all" 1989 noiseville records, red vinyl

2. GoBiloe

GoBiloe Guest

i can tell you only one thing about them for certain... i want them! well maybe not the inside out or bad trip. im not a collector but it would be dope to have an original gorilla biscuits record.

3. serum

serum Elite Member

hardcore records aren't worth too much. also color vinyl doesn't necessarily mean first press. hey,inside out rule, especially before zack thought he was a rapper. krsnacore

4. HELLSATAN

HELLSATAN Guest

the gorilla biscuits and juudge should be worth a lil somethin

5. yeah, the judge one i'm interested in forsure, it'll be worth some (as far as hc records go...) the gb's one may be too, just because the name though, they suck.

6. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

sweetheart, i'm no collector but a friend of mine is. i'm going to email him your list manana... i'm sure he can better gauge what you should expect.

later

7. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

we found like 3 pounds of shake the other nite

8. footsoldier

footsoldier Senior Member

the judge on blue is first press on rev. it was pressed before that on schism, and likly still has schism plates.. it goes for between 30-40 dollars.
    the inside out is also a great find, im not sure of the value of it though.

whats the cover for the GB record look like?

3 scene points for scoring these records

9. footsoldier

footsoldier Senior Member

oh yea: serpent loses 100 scene points for disrespecting gorilla biscuits...

10. yeah well... i don't like those guys, never have. but i was at shogun's final show ever last night. that's a few points back i think? it sucked though, coalesce headlined, and the sound guys completely fucked them up, you couldn't hear the vocals at all. i was rather pissed. i couldn't dance w/o their vox. ugh. bastards.

11. otto dix

otto dix Veteran Member

fr8oh...thanks for looking out.

foot soldier... that was exactly what i wanted to know...if that judge record had come out on a prior label, what color vinyl would have been the first press,etc.

12. Paper Street

Paper Street New Jack

BRINGING IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper Veteran Member

how can any one run their mouth on gb???fuck man i don't know you or anything but fuck you suck

14. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

I had a copy of the judge on blue and sold it on ebay for $100. I also had 8 copies of the new york crew 7" on schism, and have sold 2 copies for $75 each. gotta love ebay.

Yes,....I used to be a REALLY into collecting hardcore records. I still love hardcore, but have since lost interest in getting the cool,hard to find records.

15. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

I agree 100%!! GB (at the time) were totally innovative and original. They were the first melodic hardcore band that really put a dent in the east coast. Much respect!

Anyone have flicks of the Ghost trains with the GB character on them?

....heading to the dragons lair!!