Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

old freight cars

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by conspiracy, Dec 7, 2002.

1. conspiracy

conspiracy New Jack

I went to a small hick town a month ago to visit my grandma. Their downtown consisted of 2 blocks, but what was cool is that they had a line running right along side a crossroad. Since my grandma is boring, and only talks about 'sluts' on tv nowadays, I walked a good 20 minutes down this line....which formed into a "ghost yard"...like 7 lines with nothing but....
    ....well, after 5, 6 years of gettin' into the freight scene. This was the highlight of my trip. Two box cars, all wooden...No numbers, co. names, nothing. I seen them in western movies. But, not in real life. Also, 6 boxcars connected with trees growing over them....DETROIT & MACKINAC co. Awesome, plus a conducter totally torn apart. Old as hell, must've been no later than 1920's. While I was doing streaks on the conducter I walked to the otherside, and two deers were stampeding at me....missed me by about 2 feet. That shit scared the hell out of me, ever since this fuckin' goat headbutted me around a petting farm 2 years ago.
    ...But yeah anyways, I wanna hear some old freights you guys ran across that competely made you bust a nut.

2. schick1

schick1 Guest

WELL MINE ARE NO WHERE NEAR AS OLD AS YOURS BUT WJILE VISITING FAMILY I STUMBLED UPON WHERE wISCONSIN CENTRAL KEEPS ALL ITS CAR THAT ARE NOT CURRENTY IN SERVICE.. SO LOTS OF SOO LINE CARS WHITE AND BROWN(OHH SO RARE) THEN THIS TRAIN LEFT TO DO WHAT I DONT KNOW, POSSIBLY SOME PAINTED OTHER BACK INTO SERVICE AND LASTLY OTHERS SCRAPED. noW THERE IS QUITE POSSIBLY EVERY WC CAR THAT HAS NOT BEEN PAINTED WITH THE MAROONISH COLORS SO LIKE A HUNDRED OLIVE OLD WC CARS.

3. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

youre lucky the conductor didnt beat you down....you should have at least asked him before writing on him...i mean, hes a person too, right?
    but hey, since he was pretty torn up, i guess he probably didnt even know what was happening to him.

4. DankLordz

DankLordz Senior Member

good call sectr.

if i were that dude i would have slapped you silly.

5. conspiracy

conspiracy New Jack

you know what conducter was short for....but yeah, haha, I guess I deserved that one on here. Next time I'll be more thorough, with exact details and exact word precision, so you guys can't enjoy pickin apart every little missed detail. Yeah, 12 oz. is like that though, NOW let's get some old freight sightings in here.... I'm sure the MAJORITY would rather hear sightings than CORRECT word placement 101.....

6. conspiracy

conspiracy New Jack

,......NASA artrain...1980 NYC pullman....2 different lines. Same layup. Of course been sitting there for god knows how long. But painting them and grabbing flicks was priceless. This was in Michigan too. Must've come fom chicago. Alot of MUL tags were on them, but no pieces.

7. El Sodoma

El Sodoma New Jack

Do American freights go all over the states?

8. El Sodoma

El Sodoma New Jack

Because that'd be mad as.

Occasionally Aus freights have been known to go all over but they're not so big here.

9. El Sodoma

El Sodoma New Jack

We like our passengers. :king: :king: :king:

10. Average White Railfan

Average White Railfan Senior Member

guy. your really insane with the tripple double posting.
    heres a lil secret. that #of posts thing has no status in the real world.

11. windixee

windixee New Jack

the first fr8 i ever painted was a dead penn central boxcar turned into an office for some industry. it was a real fresh car though. i also painted an erie lackawanna boxcar, and a dead short line hopper that was rusted down to the fullest.

12. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

Yes...plus Canada and Mexico. There are certain types of cars that are local dogs, and you can ignore those or do them just to run your area. Knowing which cars are the ones that get all over the continent and hitting them hard is an essential part of the game nowadays.

13. FR8HOUND

FR8HOUND Dirty Dozen Crew

HEY, I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU, DROP ME AN EMAIL PLEASE...

14. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

wrecked boxcars out in the mountain woods. it was fucking sick. you troop a line in the valley, follow a trail into thick old woods, and theres a bunch of tipped over, smashed up boxcars covered in graff. one of them juts out at a steep drop off into beautiful rock lined rapids.
    as seen in this old thread:
    http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthrea...&threadid=27263

15. rusto-man

rusto-man Member

i dont know how old these cars were, but a while ago two cars were in this one yard. They were for people...or prisoners, cus they had bars on the windows...looked kinna old...anyone know what the fuck those are?..