old freight cars

conspiracy

I went to a small hick town a month ago to visit my grandma. Their downtown consisted of 2 blocks, but what was cool is that they had a line running right along side a crossroad. Since my grandma is boring, and only talks about 'sluts' on tv nowadays, I walked a good 20 minutes down this line....which formed into a "ghost yard"...like 7 lines with nothing but....

....well, after 5, 6 years of gettin' into the freight scene. This was the highlight of my trip. Two box cars, all wooden...No numbers, co. names, nothing. I seen them in western movies. But, not in real life. Also, 6 boxcars connected with trees growing over them....DETROIT & MACKINAC co. Awesome, plus a conducter totally torn apart. Old as hell, must've been no later than 1920's. While I was doing streaks on the conducter I walked to the otherside, and two deers were stampeding at me....missed me by about 2 feet. That shit scared the hell out of me, ever since this fuckin' goat headbutted me around a petting farm 2 years ago.

...But yeah anyways, I wanna hear some old freights you guys ran across that competely made you bust a nut.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest schick1

WELL MINE ARE NO WHERE NEAR AS OLD AS YOURS BUT WJILE VISITING FAMILY I STUMBLED UPON WHERE wISCONSIN CENTRAL KEEPS ALL ITS CAR THAT ARE NOT CURRENTY IN SERVICE.. SO LOTS OF SOO LINE CARS WHITE AND BROWN(OHH SO RARE) THEN THIS TRAIN LEFT TO DO WHAT I DONT KNOW, POSSIBLY SOME PAINTED OTHER BACK INTO SERVICE AND LASTLY OTHERS SCRAPED. noW THERE IS QUITE POSSIBLY EVERY WC CAR THAT HAS NOT BEEN PAINTED WITH THE MAROONISH COLORS SO LIKE A HUNDRED OLIVE OLD WC CARS.

you know what conducter was short for....but yeah, haha, I guess I deserved that one on here. Next time I'll be more thorough, with exact details and exact word precision, so you guys can't enjoy pickin apart every little missed detail. Yeah, 12 oz. is like that though, NOW let's get some old freight sightings in here.... I'm sure the MAJORITY would rather hear sightings than CORRECT word placement 101.....

,......NASA artrain...1980 NYC pullman....2 different lines. Same layup. Of course been sitting there for god knows how long. But painting them and grabbing flicks was priceless. This was in Michigan too. Must've come fom chicago. Alot of MUL tags were on them, but no pieces.

Originally posted by R. Heydrich

Do American freights go all over the states?

Yes...plus Canada and Mexico. There are certain types of cars that are local dogs, and you can ignore those or do them just to run your area. Knowing which cars are the ones that get all over the continent and hitting them hard is an essential part of the game nowadays.

Originally posted by windixee

the first fr8 i ever painted was a dead penn central boxcar turned into an office for some industry. it was a real fresh car though. i also painted an erie lackawanna boxcar, and a dead short line hopper that was rusted down to the fullest.

HEY, I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU, DROP ME AN EMAIL PLEASE...

wrecked boxcars out in the mountain woods. it was fucking sick. you troop a line in the valley, follow a trail into thick old woods, and theres a bunch of tipped over, smashed up boxcars covered in graff. one of them juts out at a steep drop off into beautiful rock lined rapids.

as seen in this old thread:

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthrea...&threadid=27263

i was walking through the woods with two other friends to a keg and we got lost on the way there so we stumbled across an old train maintainance building that was abandoned and there was alot of mangled trains from derailments i assume and those things that you stand on and it you push the bar thingy up and down and it moves like in the cartoons...we were thinking of taking my truck back there and steal one and cruz down to the yard instead of walking all the time

Originally posted by The Pope

guy. your really insane with the tripple double posting.

heres a lil secret. that #of posts thing has no status in the real world.

Check my fuckin' profile. I have 0.12 posts a day. I don't think that would put me into the category of trying to get "post status". You're a fuckin' retard. so.......

guy, you're really insane with the I'm gonna diss somebody posting.

heres a lil secret. that # of disses thing has no status in the real world.

OLD TRAINS....

WELL, I HAVENT SEEN ANY REALLY SICK SPOTS, BUT I DID GET TO PAINT A SOUTHERN PACIFIC HYCUBE CAR A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO....IT WAS ONE OF THE DOPE ONES WITH THE TWO ARROWS POINTING TO THE SP LOGO....IT WAS SUPER RUSTY THOUGH...ALSO, I KNOW OF A SPOT IN HOUSTON THAT HAS LIKE 5 LINES OF GPOUPS OF 20 OR MORE DEAD UP AND SP ENGINES. SOME ARE SO RUSTY THAT THERE ISNT ANY PAINT LEFT.....REALLY SICK PHOTO OPS...

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by parliament

Check my fuckin' profile. I have 0.12 posts a day. I don't think that would put me into the category of trying to get "post status". You're a fuckin' retard. so.......

guy, you're really insane with the I'm gonna diss somebody posting.

heres a lil secret. that # of disses thing has no status in the real world.

dont think he was talking to you buddy...

i dont know how old these cars were, but a while ago two cars were in this one yard. They were for people...or prisoners, cus they had bars on the windows...looked kinna old...anyone know what the fuck those are?..

i would love to hit those.

i just got back from a road trip around the southwest. outside of dallas tx i was lucky enough to find a line of six or so passenger cars. they were labeled new york central and were badass. two local guys had a full car dondi memorial, and there was two skim pieces. im suprised there wasnt more shit out there. my dad watched for cops while i bombed it up midday. an amazing experience.

• 4 weeks later...

there is/was a repair yard in my town. it recently shut down. I went there one day and got pictures of quite a few mangled box cars with huge holes int eh sides, the tops torn off..there was even one chillin up ojn a pile of dirt liek king of the dead boxcars. When I get a scanner I will scan some of hte pictures and post them up.

Archived