Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by slyle_old, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Mr.lAcos

Mr.lAcos Member

I used to love watching that show .

Here are some of mine, though these photos are at least 10 years old now. I have them in a box somewhere in storage, I need to look for them. I never had too much luck finding old cans, I picked most of these up at garage sales.
    xp342t.jpg

b3q6ty.jpg

n5q934.jpg

2. Mr.lAcos

Mr.lAcos Member

I had a lot more than that, I just can't find the photos^

3. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

4. Slyle CMC

Slyle CMC Senior Member

Beat me to it. Came out good. Never would have thought years ago when this thread was started that we would take it this far.

5. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

Had my first experience with a leaky can today. Perfectly clean, no rust, just a pinhole that ruined two books and a paper label derusto beside it. Damn you, scotty.

6. me IS cool

me IS cool Senior Member

I usually come across old paint from the 90's. I have some rustoes from the 90's, american accent, krylon and a growco from 96'. I like to collect what is relevant to myself, stuff that I used when I first started. Cap Matches Color made a good point on a recent photo I posted: to use the paint, save the empty and the memories. So thats what I am going to do, use up all the old paint and save the can to go along with the flick of the work I produce.

7. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

I've been hitting it hard, have some great stuff from the last month.

Found out recently that my local recycling center offers free paint that has been dropped off. I talked to the supervisor and he said they normally throw old stuff out, but if I can come back in the next couple weeks a few times to check in they can probably set some of it aside for me.

That said there were a couple old Rusto's (early 80s) and some old Paintomatic paper labels on the free shelf, and an Acme pint.

It might be worth checking in at your local recycling centers for that.
    Also a good source for graff n dance paint as I grabbed about a dozen full cans of rusto and American accents and painters touch stuff.

8. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

IMGP1274.JPG
    IMGP1275.JPG
    The split color cap is one of my favorite cans I've seen. Raised lettering for the Nu-Tile Epoxy, 1964. IMGP1276.JPG
    I don't think the Raabe cap is correct, but still a happy find on those. The can on the left has its color hand written on the front.
    Definitely bummed about the electrical tape over the Tempo label.IMGP1277.JPG
    I don't know the age of these, but I find it hilarious that "Midget" was totally okay at some point.IMGP1278.JPG IMGP1279.JPG
    The Plastikote is 1961. I believe the Turtlewax CARUST is 1974. Believe the K-marts are 84.
    IMGP1280.JPG
    Anyone know when the TuffnEasy's are from?IMGP1281.JPG
    Stoked on the Sparvar. Unfortunately the plastic cap has a slight crack in it.IMGP1282.JPG IMGP1283.JPG

These are my last couple month's stuff. Lots of junk, but a few gems in there.

Always open for sale and trades, too.

9. Juca

Juca Member

man this shit sucks,first 3 weeks ago complete color chart of full never used,indoor found 80's litho dupli color cans ended up in flame at my buddies shop,i have lost around 300 cans in total,lost some 90's aerosol arts with a paper label,ended up with 30 cans which were in my house,they were all in awesome condition,(mix of 80's dupli and 90's aerosol art) and now out of fucking 30 cans 10 leaked out and covered all with some black shit,i thinks its base...fucked up pretty much every can,it was leaking all around the seam..i noticed it cuz whole house was smelling like a paint shop,went thro the 400 cans of new dupli color to see which one is leaking and only one had a small leak. and at the end all what was left to check was a box with old cans,and that shit killed my day. seems like i will be moving new cans out of my house...from all the shits i had and put a years of searching and miles of driving i ended up with 8 old cans,harwest gold fball from HAL,ultra flat black rusto and flatball jade from OG5BALL,abro from wow123 and few duplo colors...i'm done with digging since there is no fucking way you can find a old can here in croatia anymore,called every store.

10. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

That is terrible news.

Keep your head up.

11. RAWKET

RAWKET New Jack

12. RAWKET

RAWKET New Jack

Gathered these over the last 3 months

13. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

The last month or so.IMGP1339.JPG IMGP1341.JPG IMGP1343.JPG IMGP1345.JPG IMGP1347.JPG IMGP1349.JPG IMGP1351.JPG IMGP1353.JPG IMGP1355.JPG

14. Slyle CMC

Slyle CMC Senior Member

Store link: capmatchescolor.bigcartel.com/

CMC is proud to officially announce our new line up of vintage spray heads. We spent the last year researching and trial testing these caps to bring you the best product possible. Introducing the CMC Jiffy cap, modeled after the infamous stock cap found on Jifoam oven cleaner, and the CMC Wally cap, modeled after the original stock cap found on Big Wally Wall Washer, the foaming-action household cleaner.

20077131346_52717309c2_z.jpg

15. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

bump that midget enamel