Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by slyle_old, Aug 19, 2001.

1. sunnycider

sunnycider Banned

asdfasdf

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
  2. The Boy Wunder

The Boy Wunder New Jack

I thought I'd share parts of my collection, sorry for the shitty photo quality.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RAWKET, Drue_Down and Fist 666 like this.
  3. Diligent Douchbag

Diligent Douchbag Member

Feel like a lot of hate is going to come out from me posting this in here,
    figured someone would know on this thread.
    Or is it just no one really gives two fucks about these cans...
    Just wondering what the deal was with them.

[​IMG]

4. HAL

HAL Dirty Dozen Crew

As far as I can tell, MTN has a limited edition artist series that they put out every so often. Personally, I'm not that into most of the artwork and the fact that its designed to be collectable (when has a collectable ever been worth anything?), but I can respect someone who put in the effort to get a complete collection. That particular can is one of the nicer designs, in my opinion.

I'm much more interested in the old 90's-early 2000's Hardcore cans that said "MONTANA" rather than "MTNMTN", with the old Barcelona address, or the white, knock off cans made by Dupli, which is now German Montana. The few cans I did save I stupidly ruined by converting into pencil and brush holders. A pristine can has to be very rare nowadays, especially in North America.

As far as their value, who knows? They're worth whatever someone is willing to pay, like any other collectable. The high value of certain Krylon, Rusto, etc colors is mainly driven by the fact that the cans were never intended to be collected, so some colors are extremely rare and/or desirable. I'm not sure how the multitude of graffiti-focused artist series cans will fare, given that every one made is likely tucked away, and whoever wants them probably buys them upon release. Its hard to say, but typically items designed to be hoarded as collectibles rarely appreciate in value much.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  5. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

6. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

7. Slyle CMC

Slyle CMC Senior Member

There was only one release of these cans. Currently we have some of these, but they are not that easy to find.

4890896665_10468b0433_s.jpgSpray Paint Collection by slyle133, on Flickr

8. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

Cool. Well I'll count myself lucky to have found it then.

Welcome back, Slyle. I was actually just looking at your flickr.

I had a decent haul this weekend, I'll try to get pics up this week. A few labels I'd never seen before. 50s-70s stuff.

9. Juca

Juca Member

damn Slyle seems to be back on 12oz ^^

10. Slyle CMC

Slyle CMC Senior Member

Never really left, just been spending alot of our time focusing on our various projects. Not to mention 12oz has been a bit of a mess lately, but it seems like they have all the bugs worked out. Juca lets see what you got, time to get this thread jumping again...

11. ineedmoney

ineedmoney New Jack

Found in a customer house. Had to confiscate IMG_20150212_104539.jpg

12. Juca

Juca Member

not much,but i am really close to get the whole 80's euro dupli color serie. will post the pic next week when i get home.

13. Juca

Juca Member

Damn! CMC site looks so fresh after the update

Fist 666 likes this.
  14. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

Agreed. A great feel.

My only qualm would be on the pick your color part--with all the great names of colors on the labels why simply have "red" or "green"

Which now I'm reminded of the red-green show...

15. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

A bit of my collection and some of my finds from the last month or so.
    IMGP0945.JPG IMGP0947.JPG IMGP0949.JPG
    Random non-paint I grab because I like the fonts or images...IMGP0950.JPG IMGP0952.JPG