Ol' Dirty Bastard Signs To Rocafela Records

dojafx

Ol' Dirty Bastard Signs To Roc-A-Fella Records

By Troy Carpenter

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Controversial rapper Ol' Dirty Bastard has signed to Roc-A-Fella Records, and will soon begin work on his label debut.

The artist, who has just been released after two years in prison, announced the new deal May 1 in New York. The rapper (real name: Russell Jones) says he will now go by another pseudonym, Dirt McGirt, and has launched a clothing line of that same name.

"All we wanna do at the Roc is give love and help him get to where he needs to go," said Roc-A-Fella CEO Damon Dash. Dash also hinted that the artist would be taking part in the label's summer Roc Army tour, set to kick off in late May. No specifics about the rapper's forthcoming album plans were revealed, but he said he wanted to collaborate with a number of artists, including Mariah Carey (news) -- who was present at today's announcement -- 50 Cent, and new label mate Jay-Z. ODB's last solo album, 1999's "N*gga Please," debuted at No. 2 on Billboard's Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and has sold 703,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

ODB said he was excited about the state of the rap world and missed contributing. "I just wanna jump in there like a swimming pool," he said. As for any plans to again collaborate with his mates in the Wu-Tang Clan, the artist cryptically said, "Yeah, you know the Wu. We're gonna bring you back to the dinosaur days."

In typical fashion, he engaged the audience with bizarre answers. When a female journalist inquired what the rapper would be doing this evening, he replied, "I gotta stretch my body tonight. Maybe get a massage. Actually, you're looking kinda pretty yourself!"

Reuters/Billboard

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by dojafx

he will now go by another pseudonym, Dirt McGirt

i still have a fisherman hat with odb and the brooklyn zoo's signatures on it.

hahah.

hes the best.

smokes crack.

racked sneakers and caught a case.

popped shots behind his range at cops after smoking crack and got off the charges.

PROPS!

Guest BROWNer

fuck the washed up shit, truely off the hinge shit is always top drawer.

"you bitchez want to fuck me when you smell my underarms"

Guest ctrl+alt+del

psssssssh. but does it have a ODB quote on the back like mine??

"Im gonna be like a bird...

and eat birdseed....

or whatever, you'll see"

-Ol' Dirty Bastard

Originally posted by INDIAN GIVER

the only wack thing is he wants to team up with 50cent...

:nope:

50 Cent is the HARDEST rapper out rite now i mean seriously listen to his mixtapes and his cd's listen to his lyrics he's speaking truth...

he aint fake like most rappers are he is the hardest rapper so keep ur mouth shut...

that ODB & 50 song will be hard as hell gauranteed

Originally posted by SCOTCHWISKEO

This cat needs to colab with Rick James...maybe get Bobby and Whitney on the track, intro by Daryl Strawberry or Marion Barry. Shit would be ill.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived