Okinawa, Japan

zombie303

Yo I was in Okinawa, Japan earlier this year & they gots lots of graff, so here are the flix.. I had posted them on another forum on 12oz. but figured they might not be seen by everyone so here ya go!!

DSC_1299.jpg

DSC_1297.jpg

DSC_1298.jpg

DSC_1296.jpg

DSC_1295.jpg

DSC_1294.jpg

DSC_1293.jpg

DSC_1290.jpg

DSC_1286.jpg

:burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :yuck:

These kids are fresh!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well if your goin' to paint on a legal wall, no problem just stay on the wall. you still might attrack attention, because you are a foriegner to the japanese. but if your bombin' stick to the major cities like tokyo, nagasaki or fukouka, they already have graffiti. the rest of Japan is pretty much clean & I mean spotless!! no graff anywhere!! it realy does depend on where you go to, this okinawa wall, absolutly shocked me when I first seen it, but then again okinawa is basicly it's own little world also. the okinawan's don't realy care to be part of main land Japan. they have thier own things goin' on. Okinawa has alot of paint & alot of different artists with alot of different foriegn influneces. american, chinese, japanese, british, irish, australian, there are people from all over the world who visit Okinawa.

Zombie

• 4 weeks later...

If youre from America and get busted painting out in Tokyu, or some other large urbanized city in Japan, most likely little will happen to you. Some dudes i knew went out there and did a couple of illegal pieces right in broad daylight in some lot. When the cops did come over they just told the cops they were American, and the cops just told them to finish and leave. Pretty dope. ;)

And yes, all the Okinawans i know get offended if you call them Japanese. I guess theres alot of history invovled.

Originally posted by Chance Em Redy@Dec 20 2004, 11:33 PM

If youre from America and get busted painting out in Tokyu, or some other large urbanized city in Japan, most likely little will happen to you. Some dudes i knew went out there and did a couple of illegal pieces right in broad daylight in some lot. When the cops did come over they just told the cops they were American, and the cops just told them to finish and leave. Pretty dope. ;)

And yes, all the Okinawans i know get offended if you call them Japanese. I guess theres alot of history invovled.

Okinawa is dope & is a great place to visit.. your right don't call them Japanese!! they are Okinawan.

ZOMBIE

I lived in Okinawa for a year back in 91/92 and pieced a couple of those walls in the above flicks..Nice place. I'm sure my stuff is all long gone by now but I know it ran for years..I had a piece show up in some tourist brochure for Oki that a kid showed me one time quite a few years later. Japan/Okinawa..Two totally different places.

Originally posted by Future Droid+Nov 27 2004, 10:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Future Droid - Nov 27 2004, 10:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i wonder what he is saying....

DSC_1266.jpg

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-chumbawumba@Dec 28 2004, 07:09 PM

that faroh kid has some long legs.. looks mad tall to be 11. but then again im 14 and 6 feet tall so..

let's start a contest for "funniest caption" :yuck:

Alure!!

yeah there is a sega place right there, in "american town". do you know of any good places to buy paint around there or any other dope walls like that one in okinawa?? just wonderin' it may be quite awhile before I make it back there, but I'll definately post more flix from that wall if I make it back there again!!!

ZOMBIE RTD

• 2 weeks later...