Okay so you got me.

bobobi11

Well the time had to come someday. By the way the reason it was so easy is that I didn't really know enough about you guys and the net enough to cover my tracks better and by the time I did, no one really suspected me.

As for all of you comments, well I guess I deserve them. If you look back over my posts you will see that I never really lied. The closest I ever came was when I was accused of being a cop. I am not a cop, so I really didn't lie.

You know truthfully I don't know why I am on here writing this. The only person I really owe an apology to is seeking and he will get one. As for the rest of you, I started on this board doing my job. When I came on here the first couple of times it was to try and disprove the whole "taggers are upper middle class white kids between 15 and 17 who like hiphop" profile. Not only did I prove it, my eyes opened up to the whole world of diversity among graffiti writers.

This is hard to write because I have a hard time knowing what to feel. I never chose this work, I was given it and found out I was good at it. Regardless of everything else, I do have a family that I support and this job allowed me to do that. At first it was easy because I was as uniformed as the people spouting out the above profile. Then I became attached to you guys and questioned myself and my motives. I still question them, but to tell you the truth at this point graffiti is keeping food on my table and clothes on my kids.

I will continue to reply to your questions, I am just not knowing what to say right now. I haven't been a coward, I just have been sick and didn't have access to the net until today. Bring it on and I will answer to the best of my ability.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well to tell you the truth bobobi, i cant hate you. you are simply doing your job and simply wanted to do something "positive" in your community. but, why would you want to befriend us and gain our trusts? and then we have to find out about this? sure it's a public forum, but i would have rather let you had your distance with us than to get into our personal lives. i know you're not a cop, but you are the kind of person that we dont like the most.

You know I thought about this alot. And truthfully I was registered but just stayed in the back and observed. I don't know exactly when it happened but at some point, I found myself attached. Wanting to come on here and see how everyone was, talking about different ideas and viewpoints. We've all talked about how addicting 12oz. is, well I got addicted too.

I tried to not cause more problems than necessary and ignored any dead give aways by regular posters. I also tried to warn people many times, see my posts regarding etch and getting caught. I got between a rock and a hard place and instead of trying to get out I just waited to see what would happen.

Originally posted by Secret

You are the WEAKEST link. Good bye!

You know what Secret that's interesting since for awhile you were defending me and the decision not to ban me. You were interested in hearing my responses and know that I am responding this is the best you can do?

Originally posted by bobobi11

You know what Secret that's interesting since for awhile you were defending me and the decision not to ban me. You were interested in hearing my responses and know that I am responding this is the best you can do?

i dont think your in any position to be passing judgements or tossing insults. graffiti is more than keeping clothes on your kids. it is an ever-evolving self-destroying subculture. and, i am not a "graffiti is art" or "what i am doing is not wrong" kid. i am just saying you came here. you fucked up... big time. i am not blaming you for doing your job, but dont defend your actions. graffiti is a lot of different things to a lot of different kids.

Originally posted by blood & guts

i dont think your in any position to be passing judgements or tossing insults. graffiti is more than keeping clothes on your kids. it is an ever-evolving self-destroying subculture. and, i am not a "graffiti is art" or "what i am doing is not wrong" kid. i am just saying you came here. you fucked up... big time. i am not blaming you for doing your job, but dont defend your actions. graffiti is a lot of different things to a lot of different kids.

I not passing judgments or tossing insults. There are at least five pages in one thread and two or three in another where there have been repeated requests for me to try and explain myself. I am doing so. Secret was in favor of my doing so in other posts, so I was curious why he chose the response he did.

What about that whole LSD experience thing you talked at length about, I somehow find that hard to believe now that I find you're the graffiti police?

LIAR, LIAR, LIAR

And the story about how you like to take flicks for fun on your lunch break.

I'm sure there are others, you're a dirty lying ho.

the sad thing is...you people think the reason why we paint is to destroy, sure, its wrong and illegal, but being destructive has little meaning to myself along with many others...if i wanted to be destructive i would break windows or key cars...........

^^^ i was just going to say that.

since we had our chance of shit talking about bobobi...and we have stated that we wanted to hear what she says, let her have her chance. there are so many unanswered questions that people want explained.

Guest fr8lover

this whole situation was surprising to me, but when i thought about it more, it seemed less so. granted, maybe some of you feel that she should be cursed and poked fun at, i think instead we should be thanking her. her bumbling paper trail all over the internet not only pulled the mask off her face, but served as a vivid warning to anyone on here posting more about themselves than they should. thousands of anonymous people visit and contribute to this site, and now we cant help but be aware that there are some out there that arent who they say they are.

in this case, the culprit is more or less harmless. however, we can gather that there are now probably worse people lurking on the board than her, and we need to be aware of that.

just like she used her anonymity (or the lack of) to her advantage, we should use it more to ours and keep low about the more specific parts of graffiti. in some ways i think this board is very detrimental toward graffiti as a whole because it took a once cherished and underground culture and brought it into the limelight, sharing all of its secrets with the world. in that way, i see it as being bad. on the other hand, i dont know where id be without it as far as my place in the culture. ive learned so much from it, and im sure any other person whose been on it for a long time could tell you the same thing.

the board should continue to educate and be a meeting place for people all over the world who enjoy this activity and the smaller activities surrounding it, but it should be done responsibly.

think about what you write...

Originally posted by 23578

What about that whole LSD experience thing you talked at length about, I somehow find that hard to believe now that I find you're the graffiti police?

LIAR, LIAR, LIAR

And the story about how you like to take flicks for fun on your lunch break.

I'm sure there are others, you're a dirty lying ho.

As I said before, this is not a career path I chose and I am not a cop. In my younger days I did experiment a lot with drugs and so my LSD experiences where true stories.

I also do like to take pictures for fun on my lunch break and constantly go out of my district for flicks of graffiti or just pictures of urban settings.

i was just suprised......im not too upset at all...i am very aware of what type of people come onto these forums to 'investigate', i just never thought they would pose as a writer/person down with the scene too...so yeah, it was suprising. its not like you know my real name and address anyhow, or how often i paint, or if i even paint at all....

I not passing judgments or tossing insults. There are at least five pages in one thread and two or three in another where there have been repeated requests for me to try and explain myself. I am doing so. Secret was in favor of my doing so in other posts, so I was curious why he chose the response he did.

does anyone else think this is funny

Guest bumdigger
Originally posted by sectorTVA

i was just suprised......im not too upset at all...i am very aware of what type of people come onto these forums to 'investigate', i just never thought they would pose as a writer/person down with the scene too...so yeah, it was suprising. its not like you know my real name and address anyhow, or how often i paint, or if i even paint at all....

yeah but now everyone knows her phone number and addy. funny how the table turns sometimes

i like what fr8lover said.....

people just have to fucking realize that it's not the people that come on here that get us into trouble, it's the people who dont watch their mouth and let the info out. it was ineveitable guys. dont act all fucking surprised. she isnt even a cop.

just watch what you say that is all. remember..you are the one giving out the info. not them.

Originally posted by seeking innocence

the guards at auschewits were just doing their job...

dealing crack puts clothes on backs and food in stomachs... im sure its more lucrative than being a secretary, maybe you should try that since you obviously have no morals.

i was expecting worse...but to the point no less

Originally posted by inkjunkie34

the sad thing is...you people think the reason why we paint is to destroy, sure, its wrong and illegal, but being destructive has little meaning to myself along with many others...if i wanted to be destructive i would break windows or key cars...........

You know to some extent I agree with you. In and of itself, graffiti seems to me pretty harmless. I know that I sometimes really enjoy seeing it. But I work with the city and the politicians in the city are not as enlightened as we would like. And the owners of the property that is being vandalized as well as business owners in the neighborhood are still working under the old assumptions of graffiti being "gang" related and are abnormally scared by its presense. So you have a large group of "important" people going to your governments and complaining about the graffiti. So then the city is forced to do something. Contrary to popular belief on here, the cops don't stop worrying about rapists and murderers to go after vandals instead. No the city takes money away from programs such as art and music, parks, public art, etc. to pay for the removal of graffiti. And businesses raise their prices to cover the increased overhead of having to remove graffiti from their buildings and replace "racked" merchandise. It's not the actual paint or marker on property that bothers me, it is the use of valuable resources on a problem like this that bothers me.

Guest SayOne

all i want to know is how you got the job you have, you make it sound like you hate it. But whatever, it just goes to show we gotta watch our backs no matter how they seem.

Guest bumdigger

But I work with the city and the politicians in the city are not as enlightened as we would like.

we????????

It's not the actual paint or marker on property that bothers me, it is the use of valuable resources on a problem like this that bothers me.

it's not the actual things your saying that bother me, it is the fact that you came here when you are obviously not wanted. you seem to be in a postition to where you could change these stereotypes, but you seem a little to concerned with keeping your job... (a job that you have your own conflicts with doing. you say you like looking at graffiti? well you sound like a vegetarian butcher...)

....well, you came back to face up to what you did

i'm a bit surprised..

however, using the excuse of "this is my job" is a copout

in our world, there is ample oppurtunity for most people to get many different kinds of jobs..people have a choice in the career path they follow..people have a CHOICE..they choose to bear children, they choose to get a job, and they have plenty of say in the kind of job they get an keep..are you only good at taking flicks, and being an 'expert'? ..apparantly so, because you aren't computer savvy, and a terrible observer and detective..(your response to secret is a great demonstration)..maybe if you went out and learned about something you may be better at it..

you chose to follow this career, and continue to do so

your site claims that you are an expert witness, and an authority on graf..although you are not technically a cop..this is pretty goddamn close to law enforcement..

your attempts to learn about graf have been pretty pathetic..15 to 17 year olds who listen to hiphop?! hahahaaaaa

awesome

i don't fit anywhere in that category, and have not since i started

we'll probably keep you in your lame business though, since the buff is fighting a losing battle..

the career you have is fucking pathetic..i hope you aren't kidding yourself into thinking you're doing portland some good by keeping up the buff...

and poor fucking travis..you don't know shit about that guy..i hope one of your kids grows into the type of person he is..

i hope your children expose you to even more about the trials and tribulations of dealing with the justice system..i have no doubt that they will test you better than any of us can

Originally posted by SayOne

all i want to know is how you got the job you have, you make it sound like you hate it. But whatever, it just goes to show we gotta watch our backs no matter how they seem.

You know funny enough I got this job as a temp because I was a good secretary. I had just been evicted from my apartment and needed a job, this one came along. To start it was mostly urban planning and the graffiti aspect was given to me later. By that time I was well into the job and believed the bs given to me. It was only later that I began to doubt what I was doing. I don't really hate my job, I just struggle with the moral implications.

Archived