1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Okay so you got me.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by bobobi11, Mar 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobobi11

bobobi11 12oz Elite Member

Okay so you got me.

Discussion started by bobobi11 - Mar 5, 2002

Well the time had to come someday. By the way the reason it was so easy is that I didn't really know enough about you guys and the net enough to cover my tracks better and by the time I did, no one really suspected me.

As for all of you comments, well I guess I deserve them. If you look back over my posts you will see that I never really lied. The closest I ever came was when I was accused of being a cop. I am not a cop, so I really didn't lie.

You know truthfully I don't know why I am on here writing this. The only person I really owe an apology to is seeking and he will get one. As for the rest of you, I started on this board doing my job. When I came on here the first couple of times it was to try and disprove the whole "taggers are upper middle class white kids between 15 and 17 who like hiphop" profile. Not only did I prove it, my eyes opened up to the whole world of diversity among graffiti writers.

This is hard to write because I have a hard time knowing what to feel. I never chose this work, I was given it and found out I was good at it. Regardless of everything else, I do have a family that I support and this job allowed me to do that. At first it was easy because I was as uniformed as the people spouting out the above profile. Then I became attached to you guys and questioned myself and my motives. I still question them, but to tell you the truth at this point graffiti is keeping food on my table and clothes on my kids.

I will continue to reply to your questions, I am just not knowing what to say right now. I haven't been a coward, I just have been sick and didn't have access to the net until today. Bring it on and I will answer to the best of my ability.

bobobi11 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

Devilush - Replied Mar 5, 2002

well to tell you the truth bobobi, i cant hate you. you are simply doing your job and simply wanted to do something "positive" in your community. but, why would you want to befriend us and gain our trusts? and then we have to find out about this? sure it's a public forum, but i would have rather let you had your distance with us than to get into our personal lives. i know you're not a cop, but you are the kind of person that we dont like the most.

Devilush - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Mar 5, 2002

sorry bobobi, but i don't give a shit about you or what you do and you get no sympathy from me. ban the bitch's ip address and get it over with. we need her around like we need a hole in our heads.

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  4. Secret

Secret 12oz Elite Member

Secret - Replied Mar 5, 2002

You are the WEAKEST link. Good bye!

Secret - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  5. bobobi11

bobobi11 - Replied Mar 5, 2002

You know I thought about this alot. And truthfully I was registered but just stayed in the back and observed. I don't know exactly when it happened but at some point, I found myself attached. Wanting to come on here and see how everyone was, talking about different ideas and viewpoints. We've all talked about how addicting 12oz. is, well I got addicted too.

I tried to not cause more problems than necessary and ignored any dead give aways by regular posters. I also tried to warn people many times, see my posts regarding etch and getting caught. I got between a rock and a hard place and instead of trying to get out I just waited to see what would happen.

6. bobobi11

You know what Secret that's interesting since for awhile you were defending me and the decision not to ban me. You were interested in hearing my responses and know that I am responding this is the best you can do?

7. crso

crso 12oz Senior Member

crso - Replied Mar 5, 2002

:p :p :p :p :p

crso - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  8. uh and yes

uh and yes New Jack

uh and yes - Replied Mar 5, 2002

i dont think your in any position to be passing judgements or tossing insults. graffiti is more than keeping clothes on your kids. it is an ever-evolving self-destroying subculture. and, i am not a "graffiti is art" or "what i am doing is not wrong" kid. i am just saying you came here. you fucked up... big time. i am not blaming you for doing your job, but dont defend your actions. graffiti is a lot of different things to a lot of different kids.

uh and yes - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  9. bobobi11

I not passing judgments or tossing insults. There are at least five pages in one thread and two or three in another where there have been repeated requests for me to try and explain myself. I am doing so. Secret was in favor of my doing so in other posts, so I was curious why he chose the response he did.

10. 23578

23578 12oz Elite Member

23578 - Replied Mar 5, 2002

What about that whole LSD experience thing you talked at length about, I somehow find that hard to believe now that I find you're the graffiti police?

LIAR, LIAR, LIAR

And the story about how you like to take flicks for fun on your lunch break.

I'm sure there are others, you're a dirty lying ho.

23578 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  11. inkjunkie34

inkjunkie34 12oz Senior Member

inkjunkie34 - Replied Mar 5, 2002

the sad thing is...you people think the reason why we paint is to destroy, sure, its wrong and illegal, but being destructive has little meaning to myself along with many others...if i wanted to be destructive i would break windows or key cars...........

inkjunkie34 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

Devilush - Replied Mar 5, 2002

^^^ i was just going to say that.

since we had our chance of shit talking about bobobi...and we have stated that we wanted to hear what she says, let her have her chance. there are so many unanswered questions that people want explained.

Devilush - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  13. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

fr8lover - Replied Mar 5, 2002

this whole situation was surprising to me, but when i thought about it more, it seemed less so. granted, maybe some of you feel that she should be cursed and poked fun at, i think instead we should be thanking her. her bumbling paper trail all over the internet not only pulled the mask off her face, but served as a vivid warning to anyone on here posting more about themselves than they should. thousands of anonymous people visit and contribute to this site, and now we cant help but be aware that there are some out there that arent who they say they are.

in this case, the culprit is more or less harmless. however, we can gather that there are now probably worse people lurking on the board than her, and we need to be aware of that.

just like she used her anonymity (or the lack of) to her advantage, we should use it more to ours and keep low about the more specific parts of graffiti. in some ways i think this board is very detrimental toward graffiti as a whole because it took a once cherished and underground culture and brought it into the limelight, sharing all of its secrets with the world. in that way, i see it as being bad. on the other hand, i dont know where id be without it as far as my place in the culture. ive learned so much from it, and im sure any other person whose been on it for a long time could tell you the same thing.

the board should continue to educate and be a meeting place for people all over the world who enjoy this activity and the smaller activities surrounding it, but it should be done responsibly.

think about what you write...

14. bobobi11

As I said before, this is not a career path I chose and I am not a cop. In my younger days I did experiment a lot with drugs and so my LSD experiences where true stories.

I also do like to take pictures for fun on my lunch break and constantly go out of my district for flicks of graffiti or just pictures of urban settings.

15. sectorTVA

sectorTVA 12oz Senior Member

sectorTVA - Replied Mar 5, 2002

i was just suprised......im not too upset at all...i am very aware of what type of people come onto these forums to 'investigate', i just never thought they would pose as a writer/person down with the scene too...so yeah, it was suprising. its not like you know my real name and address anyhow, or how often i paint, or if i even paint at all....

sectorTVA - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.