OK, this just fucking ruled my face into oblivion.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird. I've seen dozens of these motion controlled robot composites and transforming Volkswagens and shit, but not this particular one...

Why hadn't I seen this before? WHY?!?!?!?!

pretty cool.. well done.. they coulda directed it a bit cooler, but i guess they were going for realism. after it said "imagine if we had a robot that could police..." i kept expecting it to say something along the lines of "then we would never have to interact with the impoverished again."

i'd like to see some similar stuff.

post em if you got em.

Originally posted by Vanity

i kept expecting it to say something along the lines of "then we would never have to interact with the impoverished again."

hahaha :lol:

it was kind of a weird example to have the droids patrolling an impoverished village in africa. why not handing out parking tickets in london, or answering a domestic disturbance in atlanta?

:lol:

what if they fondled the vending machines... or still beat black people.

or if, no matter how hard they tried, the programmers could keep the droids from becoming droidosexual, and they were humpin all over the place a la voltron? :clown2: there should be a robo smiley

I have no clue what the hell it is. This is what it says on the androidworld.com website:

"The Embassy Visual Effects Inc of Vancouver, BC, Canada, has produced an android policeman video which is just OUTSTANDING. The video shows an android cop patrolling in a poor part of town near Johannesburg, South Africa. It shows the android running, driving a patrol car, and shooting guns. Fantastic! (Only problem is the video is 16M)."

Too bad the androidworld website has a supremely gayed out color palette. There's some neat stuf in there.

Check out the "I, Robot" promo site... nicely done.

Guest imported_Tesseract

the www.tv-robotics.co.za website shown at the end of the flick is non existant and there no actual client info on their site so i really cant tell.

The blending between reality and rendering is fuckin amazing, the idea of the whole thing makes me sick though

Originally posted by Tesseract

The blending between reality and rendering is fuckin amazing, the idea of the whole thing makes me sick though

Yeah, there's like only one slightly iffy moment (the close-up from the back), but the rest is pretty fucking on point. Seems like the low-res look of web clips definitely aids CG realism.

The idea, yeah, scary. Even scarier, it's only a matter of time...

HOLY FUX0R ... THAT'S MY OLD HOME TOWN (johanesburg)

SAP (south african police)

when the fuck did they start getting smart

ah yes ... few thousand deaths a month must make people want to get clever ... quick

edit:

yes ... i know it's not real