Ok...so im bugging the fuck out...

SleepAnDream

SO yeah, for those of you that know me well, youve probably known what ive been doing for the last five years. For those of you that dont, ill let you in on a little secret. you see, back in 99, as a gullible senior in high school, trying to figure out what the fuck im going to do with my life, i got suckered into something i never wouldve immagined myself doing: i joined the service, the marine corps specifically. im not saying its terrible, but its far from awsome and definetly not condusive to the type of person/ the lifestyle i live and or want to live. Its been five years of a guarenteed paycheck, a guarenteed roof over my head, medical, dental etc. Well, evidently my time is up and the time has come for me to start looking at what i need to do for the rest of my life, or for the time being at least. I have no idea where to start. i need a fucking job thatll pay me decent...ive been fixing guns for the last four and a half years...what the fuck am i going to do with myself? meh...this shit sucks...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i bring people through my shop sometimes and they bug at the thousands of guns and millions of dollars in weapory and optics in this shithole. they get all excited. im starting to think that if i touch another gun in my life, i might just load it and shoot myself. im thinking about doing what everyone else has done and prolong my future by another four years and go to college but still, i need a fuckin job too, although the gi bill will pretty much pay for college, you need to pay up front first and they reimburse you. so...money is definetly going to be a factor....

really, a non-military career path NEEDS to be in my future.

id like to get into something where i can be creative.

custom paint jobs is something ive took an interst in latley. anyone have and insight on that? i really would love working around trains as well... looks like construction and bartending for the meantime though...boring. i dont want to work with food and really, im a lazy fuck. i dont see myself enjoying laying concrete or roofing for the rest of my life....ef that...my criminal/ driving record narrow down the feild a bit too...sucks.

Originally posted by Glik0@Apr 15 2005, 01:12 PM

Can't you get a free college education now thanks to Uncle Sam?

The Montgomery GI Bill provides up to 36 months of education benefits for college, business, technical, correspondence or vocational courses, apprenticeship or job training, or flight school. Participants can receive over $36,000 in tuition.

but you pay upfront and they mail you a check a couple weeks later. you must maintain a C average or above or you have to pay the full ammount of the course you got a D or an F in...

that's fucked that you can join the army and be given a gun despite having a criminal record

but you probably cant get bonded to work as a night manager at a 24hour grocery store because of that same record.

go get a manager's position selling guns at oshman's or some other store like academy like hunting place. that would be pretty easy and a no brainer. to get out of the gun aspect of careers though, just think of something else you might like doing, such as sales, or whatever else floats your boat. ask other people what they do. that helped me a lot.

buy a couple of dilapidated houses in the ghetto, preferably on the same block. Set up street teams to slang out your houses. Only come throught to resupply the opperation. Have people you trust take care of the tangebles. Grease the local enforcement. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. make sure you are near a freeway and close to the suburbs

move to DC and become a weapons consultant for a private sector security company<-for real

i don't know what you are so fucking worried about dude, you have "MARINE" on your resume which is one hell of a credendtial, a lot of government contractors up here love to hire you guys because you have disipline and can easily get a security clearance...just look around a bit and you'll find a nice job.

heh... try it sometime- college tuition is a bitch and i had a 3.0 gpa and i got a 27 on the act- wtf man

AAAHAHAHAHA, thats funny as shit, cause i smoked rocks, threw shit at teachers and was locked up through a lot of high school and i am paying next to nothing. score one for the gutter.

my friend was just talking about going to the marines yesterday..i dont look down on it because my father was in the navy for several years,but i could never do any of that shit.

Only because i wouldnt know what to do after that,im only good with my hands soo i already got my work cut out for me..

Originally posted by saraday@Apr 16 2005, 07:30 AM

^^ yea that is pretty fucked up.

i'm looking into getting free tuition because i was diagnosed with adhd.

from what i've heard, it's pretty easy.

in my area, if you fuck up your entire life when you're a kid and then make a turnaround, you can get money for school no problem. i guess the system feels like they owe it you for leting you down or something.

i don't know what you are so fucking worried about dude, you have "MARINE" on your resume which is one hell of a credendtial, a lot of government contractors up here love to hire you guys because you have disipline and can easily get a security clearance...just look around a bit and you'll find a nice job.

see...thats the problem with govt jobs and me though. sure, i did my time in the service, marine this, marine that. BUT, ive gotten nabbed a few times WHILE in the service. THATS whats gonna fuck me and the chance of a security clearance. i dont know. fuck it. what am i crying about. the weathers nice as fuck outside for once....ima do something constructive...

...go to college...get a federal loan for upfront cost and then you can pay it off right away with the GI money...even if you don't know what you're going to do later on yet, a great way to spend the inbetween time is going to classes with hot college girls...jus don't go 'you-know-where' that place is becoming less and less cool since we left...