1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

OK, CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION.

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by I LOVE NY, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I LOVE NY

I LOVE NY 12oz Member

OK, CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION.

Discussion started by I LOVE NY - Dec 4, 2002

OK,WHY DOES WHEN SOMEONE POST'S A THREAD ABOUT ETCH IT GETS DELETED OR CLOSED REALLLL FAST.I WAS JUST WONDERING ABOUT THAT.

THANX ALOT

I LOVE NY - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. imported_Tesseract - Replied Dec 4, 2002

I should honor Omerta but fuck it...

why? because etch is bad news, the less the better

3. cecs

cecs 12oz Senior Member

cecs - Replied Dec 4, 2002

Put simply... Etch is something which shouldn't have become "trendy". Enough said...

cecs - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. DOLR....LED

DOLR....LED 12oz Member

DOLR....LED - Replied Dec 4, 2002

:rolleyes:

DOLR....LED - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. HAL

HAL Guest

HAL - Replied Dec 5, 2002

Simply put, a lot of kids on this site, particularly ones who come into this section, aren't so good at painting (to put it nicely). I don't know about you, but seeing some ultra toy etch tags on a bus stop isn't my idea of a good thing. I think most of us will agree with that. By the time they learn about etch on their own, hopefully they'll have some style and the common sense to not blow a hole in downtown with a million unbuffable tags.

6. Fabo 2

Fabo 2 12oz Member

Fabo 2 - Replied Dec 5, 2002

Are you listening tox...
    let's hope he never gets his hands on etch

Fabo 2 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied Dec 5, 2002

hoe hoe hoe, merry christmas

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  8. spec

spec Guest

spec - Replied Dec 5, 2002

etch is scary, all these stories i hear i'm afraid i'll melt my skin off or some crazy shit. just stick me wit a good old can of harmless spray paint!:D

9. cecs

cecs 12oz Senior Member

cecs - Replied Dec 5, 2002

Spec- I've heard plenty of those types of stories. Most are like, "A friend of mine said his friend melted his fingers off!!", but you can tell that those are fake. But I actually have a first hand story from this group of toys from my area. They were all hyped because one kid got some etch, needless to say this was a horrible thing.. Long story short one of the kids was dared to put some on his finger. The kid thought he would get respect and be "hardcore" if he did it... I saw the scar and it wasn't pretty... He deserved it though :)

cecs - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. Kurse

Kurse New Jack

Kurse - Replied Dec 5, 2002

Yo I used etch in my art class on glass bottles.The teacher made a big fuckin fuss about not letting it touch your skin. But I think that shit is wack for graff purposes. All the etch tags I seen look like someone busted a nut on the glass! it's just dumb. Plus it'll bring you a little too much heat which isn't worth it for a little etch tag! Now a heaven ,thats worth the heat! HOLLER!!!

Kurse - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.