OH MY BAG

Guest BROWNer

Guest BROWNer

i just spilled some fucking black motherfucking india

ink mixed with an acrylic dark olive ink on my fucking

cream carpet BIATCH.

somebody come over and punch me in the testicular zone.

anybody with advice besides a carpet cleaning guy,

and keeping it damp until i figure it out, is more than

welcome.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dont take my word for this but i have put mineral spirits and or paint thinner on the shit trying to blot it, ive just dropped oils (paint), and some ink on the carpet before it semi decently worked but i dont know if theres any other probs with putting paint thiner or mineral spirits down good luck man. that uber sucks.

Ink Stains - Ballpoint ink stains can be placed stain face down on white paper towels. Sponge with rubbing or denatured alcohol or rub detergent into stained area. Repeat if some stain remains. Rinse, then launder. Drawing ink usually cannot be removed. Try flushing with cold water until pigments are removed; rub liquid detergent into stain; rinse. Repeat process. Soak in warm sudsy water to which 1 to 4 tablespoons of household ammonia per quart of water have been added. Rinse thoroughly. Launder in hottest water safe for that fabric, with fabric safe bleach. Felt Tip or India Ink - Usually cannot be removed. Try pouring water through the stain before it dries, until pigments are removed. Allow to dry. If you notice some reduction in stain, sponge with dry-cleaning solvent. Allow to dry. Rub liquid household cleaner into stain. Rinse. Soak stain (possibly overnight) in warm water to which 1 to 4 tablespoons of household ammonia have been added. Rinse and repeat treatment if necessary; launder.

from the International guild of Professional Butlers

Guest BROWNer

uber sucks is right.

i made the most un manly whimper/scream i've

ever heard. i can't even tell you how many times

i've fucked up carpets with paint, its so fucking

ridiculous. but this is somethin' else.

windex...yea..

Guest imported_Tesseract

depending on the price of each,

you could

a] replace the whole carpet

or

b] spill india ink all over the god damn thing

gothic

here's a little tip I learned after using oil paints.

if you stain something and it doesn't come clean...res-stain it the same color as the original. In other words, bust out the oil paints, mix up a batch of matching paint and paint that carpet stain the fuck away. In college I fixed many carpets in rentals like this.

actually oxiclean might work....it made for removing organic based materials and india ink is water based so by that conclusion it is also organic based....its worth a shot...I know oxi clean got the floor mats in my old car lookin pretty good.

if it makes you feel any better I have 10 color carpet from teh mixture of me knocking half drank beverages off my night stand in my sleep and spilling ink's and paint my carpet is pretty ragged....when I moved out it was funny whe I took the furniture out, the stains stopped right at the furniture and there was jus this BRIGHT blue carpet under neath...it was wierd.

i made that unmanly noise when i dropped a whole griffin bottle on my foot- i was wearing legitimate brand new, but old (not reissued) new balance bright red 574s. painful.

i later found another pair, by some pure miracle; of that pair, the left shoe has two drops of rusto white on it.

fuck me.

i feel your pain, best of luck.

• 3 years later...

Archived