"Oh Man, I Cant Belive I Had To Sit Through That"...fuck hatebreed

$360

http://www.muchmusic.com/music/images/content/img_hatebreed_perseverance.gif'>

so i went to this benefit show last night for the singer of barrett who died in a car accident last, and hatebreed was included in the line up. their music is ok, and they are definetly talkented, but they got burned by most of the other bands there. the thing that bothers me about hatebreed isnt their music, nor their message, its their fans.

this has got to be one of the shittiest fanbases EVER. its an entire scene of "that kid". you know, the kid who wears a shirt of the band they are going to see i.e. a hatebreed shirt at a hatebreed show. all these biker nazi skinhead losers. you go to the bathroom ad all you hear is "yeah man, i kicked a guy in the head it was awesome"

oh my jesus youre such a fucking moron. no one cares how big you dick is. oh and by the way, you smell like shit dipped in gasoline.

ok so fine, whatever, we are all entitled to like what we like and if thats what you want to do at a hatebreed show, its not my place to tell you otherwise.heres where the real problem comes in.

one of the other bands playing what What Fules The Fire, and it was their last show. this band is all about respect, respect youself and respect everyone around you. kind of like bane. so WFTF is playing, and kids are moshing, and a fight breaks out.

what the fuck. we all went there to have a good time. its a fucking benefit show. how are you going to be such a fuck and start a fight at something like that?its just fucking petty..i dont know for a fact that it was hatebreed fans that started it, but for some reason, i just dont think it was kids who came to see bane who would do something like that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You went to a show in wusster ma. I think it had less to do with "hatebreed fans", and more to do with modern hardcore kids, namely massachussetts/ct ones. Although, I have been seeing hatebreed since 95 and I can honestly say theres nary a large scale hatebreed show that didnt end in a riot. Maybe its cause ct kids like to fight? Actually, I'd say moreso more and more hatebreed shows end in insane riots because you have the more radio metal beer drinkers coming up against 19 year old white males with glorified dreams of fighting. Shit dude, I dont even know what my point was....

Originally posted by $360

so i went to this benefit show last night for the singer of barrett who died in a car accident last, and hatebreed was included in the line up. their music is ok, and they are definetly talkented, but they got burned by most of the other bands there. the thing that bothers me about hatebreed isnt their music, nor their message, its their fan

i dont know who told you, but they're definently not talented

Originally posted by onesandzeros

Maybe its cause ct kids like to fight?

;)

No, but really... Did you go to Integrity a couple weeks ago? I know our mutual friend went. Was up at Mass Skate for With Honor the other night.

Anyways, yes, I was just discussing this the other day how Hatebreeds fanbase consists mainly of hessians. Blah.

I just dont like hatebreed period. I wish I went to the first day of it to see converge. it was their last show in the us before the new cd comes out. Mass sucks, especially if youre under 18 because all the shows in boston are at the middle east which is 18+ and all the others are in worcester, which is waaaaaaay the hell out of the way from anything.

i took a ride and cooled down a little, and im feeling like i shouldnt make such generalizations. ive had such a shitty week and i shouldnt take it out on other people. targeting other people for my faults makes me no better than those people who started the fight. so i take it back, no more thumbs down.

i still find "those kids" annoying.

and they are talented, just because thier music isnt the greatest, dosnt mean that they dont put their all into it.

Re: COUGH

Originally posted by -Rage-

;)

oh man. this is a perfect example of what my entire week has been like.

sorry man, i hope you dont take it persenally. i saw a lot of ignorance and stuff like that gets me really heated, and then i make generalizations. and im sure you have enough sense to not wear the sweatshirt to the show.

sorry everyone, i really need to think before i speak. its a serious problem.

i took a ride and cooled down a little, and im feeling like i shouldnt make such generalizations. ive had such a shitty week and i shouldnt take it out on other people. targeting other people for my faults makes me no better than those people who started the fight. so i take it back, no more thumbs down.

this is the closest thing that i have ever seen to Jerry Springers final thought i have ever seen on 12 oz

Re: Re: COUGH

im sure you have enough sense to not wear the sweatshirt to the show.

Obviously.

I understand what you're getting at $360. People who go to shows just to start fights should go elsewhere.

I went to a Finch show a few months ago and I myslef almost go into a fight. Granted my name is Angry Alan, but unless you REALLY piss me off I won't fight. Anywho, some fucknut pushed his way past me to get to the lower level/pit area without saying 'excuse me' or even making a gesture. The fucker just shoved me aside. So.. I push him down one step and he comes back in my face and pushes me up the three stairs. At this point I grab him around the neckk and get one good punch to the stomach, then throw myself out of his grip. I told him to fuck off and back away, yet he insists to get in my face. Mind you he is my height and only a BIT more heavy than me. I'd have no problem taking him.

Unlucky for me, my dad's friend, whom is a bounce at this venue, was not on the premises. So, I can't get in a fight and NOT go out in a police car. I tell the guy to walk away and he stares me down, calls me names like a ten year old, and finally walks away with one of his cronies.

All this at a Finch show.. what the fuck is with these people. Now this doesn't make me want to hate Finch, just the muscle-bound jockstrap heads that want to pick a fight.

Go back to Wal-Mart and buy yourself some fucking 2.99 wife-beaters shit kicker.

fights at shows are as old as hardcore itself. Read old stories about Minor Threat, Agnostic Front, Bad Brains, Cro-Mags, etc...in the early 80s. those shows were insane. what happens these days really isn't much.

the shows i started going to when i was a little kid in the late 80s didn't have any bouncers. it was mob rule, and skinheads dictated who could come to shows. fights always happened, and i've seen some serious blood in my day. i once saw someone make this Marine bite the curb, and knocked all his teeth in. I remember taking part in a severe beat down where three hundred people gave two dudes a boot party.

Hatebreed is a really shitty group and attracts morons. Send an email to the promoter and let them know you and everyone you know will boycott the show if they will be booking thug-attracting bands. I used to help put on shows, and trust me, when someone tells the promoter this, they will listen, because they are ultimately responsible for the fight that breaks out, and they don't want liabilities.

stupid thug hardcore bands should have their own shows apart from good shows. i'm so sick of violence.

Originally posted by afraidoflife

;)

No, but really... Did you go to Integrity a couple weeks ago? I know our mutual friend went. Was up at Mass Skate for With Honor the other night.

Anyways, yes, I was just discussing this the other day how Hatebreeds fanbase consists mainly of hessians. Blah.

?? I was at both shows, Who's this?

And I think whatever "fight" broke out at the palladium probably is very pale in comparison to some hatebreed extravaganzas I've been witness to.

its time for you to get into good old rock and roll.

rock & roll and blues.

fuck this hatebreed bullshit.

p.s. - if you want a list of good bands you can ask me.

or that johnny guy listens to some pretty good stuff too.. but my list and his list would be very different.

Originally posted by DripOfAWish

fights at shows are as old as hardcore itself. Read old stories about Minor Threat, Agnostic Front, Bad Brains, Cro-Mags, etc...in the early 80s. those shows were insane. what happens these days really isn't much.

the shows i started going to when i was a little kid in the late 80s didn't have any bouncers. it was mob rule, and skinheads dictated who could come to shows. fights always happened, and i've seen some serious blood in my day. i once saw someone make this Marine bite the curb, and knocked all his teeth in. I remember taking part in a severe beat down where three hundred people gave two dudes a boot party.

that would be awesome to go to

i saw hatebreeds first show when they sounded good, (a bit like the cro mags) before they turned full crap metal. anyway, having the benefit of watching them play a thousand times over i was able to see the full development of bullshit wash up into there shows. but i must say it is not ALL the radio metal beer drinker guys that are really the cause of all the problems... if anyone remembers the show at the garage in new haven in 95 then that should dispel that thought.

Originally posted by PedroHammers

i saw hatebreeds first show when they sounded good, (a bit like the cro mags) before they turned full crap metal. anyway, having the benefit of watching them play a thousand times over i was able to see the full development of bullshit wash up into there shows. but i must say it is not ALL the radio metal beer drinker guys that are really the cause of all the problems... if anyone remembers the show at the garage in new haven in 95 then that should dispel that thought.

was that the night when the boston dudes were there and people were getting their skulls cracked with madballs?

How bout the riot at the sports palace? Or the Webster? Or the bike exchange? or...or....or.....

whens that ctxbrotherhood comp dropping? ha!

shit bro, I'm going to reply to myself. I loved the sports palace. that was my favorite mid 90s ct venue ever. the people outside were awesomely shady, the bouncing staff consisting of gang members were awesome, the real fucked up chinese food place around the block was awesome, especially when a crackhead got in my face about stepping on his foot(i hadnt moved in at least 10 minutes...) and then went outside and started with the grippos, that was awesome, dance floors the size of a football field were awesome, that kid getting his head beat in during despair at that big show wasnt so awesome for him, fuck, i could go on for days. horray for the sports palace.

you go to the bathroom ad all you hear is "yeah man, i kicked a guy in the head it was awesome"

hahaha fukn bogans, harcore stomping on peoples heads just aint cool

eh i agree that the CT mass scene has way too much fights, i missed the show at the mass skate park thing when converge played, i was suposed to go but couldnt.anybody from CT whos into some hardcore shit IM me at ectruwriterct02 and i bet i prolly know you already. i am always surprised at people who i knew already but didnt know were into graff. heh its a small world. i personally dont like hatebreed just because they are so generic and popular on top of it. but thats just my opinion

i played a few times in CT with my Ex band and most the shows where great but the last one i went to with my ex band in wallingford like last week was ass, we were told the kids in CT are afraid to come out cause there goig to get beat up by boston kids.....

i wont even go to a show if hatebreed is playing. it's not that i have any serious problem with their music, i don't listen to it but whatever it's not the worst thing in the world. most hatebreed fans are meatheads. i despise meatheads and macho attitudes in general--and most (not all but a lot) hatebreed fans are such fucking meatheads they might as well start a hatebreed frathouse, buy some kegs of rolling rock, play beer pong, drink a protien shake and buy some fucking adidas sandles. fucking jocks.

It's really just Hatebreed themselfs that bring out the faggot in the beer jocks and loser hardcore kids, that are new and want to brawl cause they think older kids will respect them. I've fought at a Hatebreed show once.A guy in a slipknot shirt kicked my little friend for floorpunching.So I swung on him.Lost my shoe and looked like a fruit but if you step out of line I'm going to smack you!

When you take losers that think Slipknot and Chevlle are hardcore and mix them with guys that I've come up through the hardcore scene your going to have fights.What I love at Hatebreed show are the Korn shirt kids headbanging at shows what the fuck?

Archived