Official Hip-Hop Thread

IDrinkSprite

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest illwill

whoa an official hip hop thread! how hiphop of you. i like the fresh prince, hes hiphop. he gets jiggy with it! slayer is good hiphop. oh and bologne sandwich's are hiphop.

Originally posted by loudhardfast

download that one song called "yo yo yo , my nukka yo" its by those one guys. those ultra jiggy super fresh rapper dudes. whats there name again, oh i cant remember just search kazaa for "super dope rap". youll find it. oh and this thread is as gay as "HIP HOP"

you write graffiti im assuming...what do you think that is? if you knew ba-diddle about what you pose as you would know that graffiti 1 of the four elements of hiphop. yes thats right kids, HIPHOP. not super dope rap, son.

Originally posted by cultural me

you write graffiti im assuming...what do you think that is? if you knew ba-diddle about what you pose as you would know that graffiti 1 of the four elements of hiphop. yes thats right kids, HIPHOP. not super dope rap, son.

either that, or the media coined the term "HIP HOP" so they could sell ghetto art to the unsuspecting masses of moron suburbanite youth like yourself. im sorry, but i dont associate "HIP HOP" and graffiti. graffiti existed before hip hop, do your homework kid you will see kids in from the late 70's and early 80's sporting more PUNK rock gear than rocca wear. and no, beat street and style wars are not a justification of the hip hop graffiti connection. look beyond what MTV serves up. yoyoyo and im out son, word!

wow, you really dont know anything do you?

without hiphop graffiti would have stopped with the deaths of those punk rockers. look around at them, they are more drugged up then ever and goin no where faster then they can keep up. hiphop is differnt then rap kid. maybe you should stop trying to sound intellectual and cool and learn the fact. your one of the people that thinks to get reginition he has to come up with some new wild theory on graffiti and hiphop and life and everything when really it makes no sense what so ever.

Guest willy.wonka

i've only been to a few hip hop events that i could say that was really cool.most of the others were straight up foney(sp*)

i'd rather be a part of a drum circle, which i think has more power than "vampires" of hip hop could ever possess..yeah,,thats right i said it..hip hop has its vampires.

Originally posted by cultural me

wow, you really dont know anything do you?

without hiphop graffiti would have stopped with the deaths of those punk rockers. look around at them, they are more drugged up then ever and goin no where faster then they can keep up. hiphop is differnt then rap kid. maybe you should stop trying to sound intellectual and cool and learn the fact. your one of the people that thinks to get reginition he has to come up with some new wild theory on graffiti and hiphop and life and everything when really it makes no sense what so ever.

explain how hip hop has anything to do with graffiti. i dont dance when i paint nor do i DJ or MC. hip hop music in no way touches my graffiti life at all. so if i am a graffiti artisit than your saying that i am a hip hop? i am not try to sound intellectual, its just by comparison you sound so stupid. hip hop can suck my dick. bunch of fake ass lemmings, lemme grab the new SOURCE mag so i can find out when the new eminem cd comes out. yo yo yo and im out again, word!

fuck hip hop and the fake ass bitches that try to tell me graffiti is hop hop. its bad enough that i see bling bling fools all day trying to be icy hot stunnaz, but then you got the guys blabbering about "four elements man, it all about the four elements". bboy's dig break beats which is funk, DJ's and MC's are the only ones that i think are at all connected to "hip hop" music. yo yo yo word up god, im out, i gotta go listen to some dope hip hop before i go catch a spot yo!

Originally posted by loudhardfast

fuck hip hop and the fake ass bitches that try to tell me graffiti is hop hop. its bad enough that i see bling bling fools all day trying to be icy hot stunnaz, but then you got the guys blabbering about "four elements man, it all about the four elements". bboy's dig break beats which is funk, DJ's and MC's are the only ones that i think are at all connected to "hip hop" music. yo yo yo word up god, im out, i gotta go listen to some dope hip hop before i go catch a spot yo!

quit clowning on hip hop. yeah, there's alot of shit hop out there, but don't generalise. you might not dig hip hop, and that's your choice. i don't dig punk or whatever it is you probably listen to, and we can all agree that punk is just as clown-worthy as hip hop, but you don't really see anyone on here bagging you about your skin tight pants and thrift store t-shirts now do you?

as far as graffiti being part of hip hop, no, it aint. at least we can agree on one thing. graffiti is graffiti. period. it didn't die out with punk rock because as much as it isn't part of hip hop, it's not part of punk rock either. graff kids in the late 70's early 80's dressed all punk rock cos that was what was fashionable at the time, same with when some graff kids started sporting shelltoes and kangols. graffiti didn't die out with those "subcultures" or whatever gay name you want to give it because it wasn't part of those "subcultures". graffiti was around before punk rock, before disco, before hip hop, before rock and roll, before world war 2, before the great depression.......i could go on and on. but yeah, you catch my drift.

mr abc-listens to hip hop and writes graffiti. also likes to scratch his nuts on occasion.

thanks mr. abc.

loudhardfast- you think were lemmings? you define yourself by being different to other kids or being anti-pop. Its even worse than being a 'lemming'. Your different to every one else, not really. I hope avril lavinge kills punk rock and we dont have to listen to your hypocritical holier than thou junk.

Guest willy.wonka

<-----hip hop

all you guys dont know what hip hop is i guess.

graff is a form of hip hop..so is oil painting..so is classical music..so is jazz.dancing is hip hop...i dont know about square dancing, but why not.

they way you have a good time with your friends can be hip hop.

if we didnt label everything, maybe we would be doing a whole lot better.

its funny that people are actually getting mad over what hip hop is..cause none of you really know.well, if you do, dont hold it against me.."please":rolleyes: let me roll my eyes.

What the hell??? A thread about hip hop? Didn't you know that its the latest trend for writers to dislike hip hop????

Well I don't really like it much myself, unless it's bringing something original other that "beats & rhymes" type stuff. For instance, I am madly in love with buck65, and I'm a big Mike Ladd fan as well. Emanon and L'Roneous are cool, and that RJD2 cd was quite lovely. Most importantly, there will ALWAYS be a place in my heart for Andre Nickatina....

Archived