october 22

Ckit

twas an amazing event.

Mission Statement of the National Day of Protest to Stop Police Brutality, Repression, and the Criminalization of a Generation

The National Day of Protest was initiated by a diverse coalition of organizations and individuals. We came together out of our concern that the peoples resistance to Police Brutality needed to be taken to a higher level nationwide.

The National Day of Protest aims to bring forward a powerful, visible, national protest against police brutality and the criminalization of a generation. It aims to expose the state's repressive program. It aims to bring forward those most directly under the gun of Police Brutality AND to also reach into all parts of the society--bringing forward others to stand in the fight against this official brutality. And the National Day of Protest aims to strengthen the peoples' organized capacity for resistance in a variety of ways.

los angeles.

2004oct221n.jpg

2004oct221l.jpg

2004oct221j.jpg

2004oct221h.jpg

there were more police there than i have seen in my life, at least a couple hundred.

2004oct221f.jpg

2004oct221e.jpg

thats me with the, POLICE (the only reason to eat pork), sign

2004oct221c.jpg

2004oct221b.jpg

pictures stolen from a diyzine website. ill perhaps add some of my polaroids when i have time.

more info at

october22.org

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

One nation under the gun//

Where forward thinking is shunned//

A morbid tradition//

Of archaic value systems//

Where violence justified//

Is just another pride//

Under the surface lies//

A holy plastic empire//

With guarded golden fences//

Where misfortune//

Shelters decisions//

A pain wrought from blood flowing green//

The myth of protection//

Is a sick fascination//

A culture of violence is what you are feeding//

Fear is an heirloom//

And hate is contagious//

A nation of sadists is what you are breeding//

It's everywhere//

It's everywhere that you see//

But who decides//

If you watch or turn the other cheek//

And only in your mind//

Is it your given right to be armed to the teeth//

It's a common disease//

The only immunity is to disarm//

This holy plastic empire disease//

realistically speaking systems of coercion are the primary foundations of any state. you cannot operate a state without operating a monopoly on coercion against your subjects. therefore any attempt at actually interferring with the state's monopoly on systems of coercion is in essence messing with the actual foundations of a state.

i bet your protest movement had more cops then actual protestors there. these people also fail to realize that the ultimate irony of this situation is the situation itself. if the state did not have power to enforce its laws. you would not be able to protest against the state because there would be nothing to protest against. so the relationship is one of symbiosis. both sides require each other to exist. however the weaker position is one of the social demonstrator obviously for obvious reasons. :clown2:

Originally posted by metallix@Oct 23 2004, 10:03 PM

realistically speaking systems of coercion are the primary foundations of any state. you cannot operate a state without operating a monopoly on coercion against your subjects. therefore any attempt at actually interferring with the state's monopoly on systems of coercion is in essence messing with the actual foundations of a state.

i bet your protest movement had more cops then actual protestors there. these people also fail to realize that the ultimate irony of this situation is the situation itself. if the state did not have power to enforce its laws. you would not be able to protest against the state because there would be nothing to protest against. so the relationship is one of symbiosis. both sides require each other to exist. however the weaker position is one of the social demonstrator obviously for obvious reasons. :clown2:

interesting perspective

but we are not protesting against the enforcement of laws but against those who use their power of enforcement to oppress and murder activists, the poor, minorities or any other human being. we are against police brutality. not police in general. (although most of them are arrogant, power hungry assholes.)

ive been beaten by the police 2 times for no reason at all. they just saw a group of crusty/peace kids and decided to teach us some unknown lesson. what happend to us? 2 of us had to go to the hospital. what happend to the police? nothing. they wouldnt even hear our case.

and peanut, i forgot my digi camera that day but i have a bunch of polaroids ill put up as soon as i can get a scanner to use.

just found a website that has a lot of info about the los angeles event.

http://la.indymedia.org/

Guest imported_El Mamerro

"Pussies don't like dicks because pussies get fucked by dicks, but dicks also fuck assholes. Assholes who just wanna shit on everything. Pussies may think that they can deal with assholes their way, but the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is that sometimes they fuck too much, or fuck when it isn't appropriate, and it takes a pussy to show 'em that. But sometimes pussies get so full of shit that they become assholes themselves. Because pussies are only an inch and a half away from assholes. I don't know much in this crazy crazy world. But I do know that if you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're gonna have our dicks and our pussies all covered in shit."

interesting perspective

but we are not protesting against the enforcement of laws but against those who use their power of enforcement to oppress and murder activists, the poor, minorities or any other human being. we are against police brutality. not police in general. (although most of them are arrogant, power hungry assholes.)

ive been beaten by the police 2 times for no reason at all. they just saw a group of crusty/peace kids and decided to teach us some unknown lesson. what happend to us? 2 of us had to go to the hospital. what happend to the police? nothing. they wouldnt even hear our case.

and peanut, i forgot my digi camera that day but i have a bunch of polaroids ill put up as soon as i can get a scanner to use.

just found a website that has a lot of info about the los angeles event.

http://la.indymedia.org/

Well that is by definition a police state which involves rigid social control amongst others. When does enforcement become oppression? At what point do the laws lose popular legitimacy? Is enforcement a form of oppression in itself? Why should society have to subject itself to excessive enforcement based on unpopular laws? There are some questions to ask ourselves.