Ocean Staters

DonzilCutlip

I just wanted to know what the fuk everyone thinks about the R.I scene. Im not talking about what was done 10 years ago im talking about the present. No matter who it is even if they suck nuts. I know every one of these posts ends up in an argument and i may be queer for starting a topic like this but i just wanted to know whats on the minds of you hooligans. i know ri is no new york but for such a small state shit gets done thats just my opinion but what do i know, right. So respond if you want but remember everyone sees how we fight like sissy's here in the ocean state so please think twice afterall this is meant to be a POSITIVE topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think the scene in RI is coming back alive... but there is still mad hatin' going on. Too many people don't like each other for bullshit reasons... but it seems like a lot more people are writing again. DOA is back, Tek,Cels,Perv,Above, and Viel are all bombing lovely. Be on the lookout for TBCCCCC.

peace

just my opinion

I'm not calling anyone out, but some people are on the boarder line of biting. Its ok to be influenced by someone but to copy certain trademak features or styles that define a writer is wack. It cheapens that writers style, every writer knows when they took a little to much. Keep up the good work RI has lots of potential.

my boy is in the providence scene..his older shit is dope but i think alot of the r i cats try to go on the same styles..like new school type of shit..im into burners and wildstyles..i dont really like the blocky abstract shit..but there are some nice writers out of ri...the task force is coming down on cats...my boy got busted for 3 years of shit over the summer..i also dont see that many dope handstyles out of r i, alot of cats seem like they center in on their letter style more then the sigs..check it out

www.rivandells.cjb.net

it's good to see new shit all the time. it seems like everytime i'm somewhere there's something new. it just seems like there's a few people that just don't give a shit. if they want to paint it then they do. if we all had those balls then RI would be destroyed. unfortunately, a lot of us talk more than we paint.

Guest lab rat

from what i hear, the RI scene--mainly providence--, is so fuckin hot you cant go 10 goddam feet with a backpack and a sweatshirt without a fuckin cop all over your ass.. and with all that shit, i think its doin pretty dam well.. especially considering how small the state is and how much attention its getting.. keep it up RI.

just a few things. first, who is Lambert ?

sorry for my ignorance but is all this investigation shit reality or just paranoia and rumors . and if it is not that really sucks . And as far as a task force is it just providence or all of ri i thought all of this was just a myth i know only the cops are going to have all the info , but whatever you guys know, im listening. And i agree providence sucks even if you do hit shit downtown or whatever its gone the next day before anyone even sees it they are pretty on top of shit here in ri nothing stays up for very long. but im glad to see some of you mother fuckers are still trying even if it only runs for a day. but there is a certian time of the year when for some reason they let the graff accumulate for a bit so you must take advantage. and as far as that "active writer" thing be extra careful but be safe and keep this shit goin because some of us appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kno this has nothin to do with RI but for you writers that visit Fall River, keep an extra eye out, a few writers have gotten pinched lately... them walls and tunnels that we all thought we safe and what not are not anymore, they are being watched...we all kno what tunnel im talkin about. im not sayin not to paint there just keep an eye out. this might not mean much but im just lookin out for yall.. peace

wento

i know this is dumb but mr toad also recently metioned to me earlier is. that in fall river the north end tunnels have been having construction going on around there so watch out there. just telling you know so if your planing to go there you wont have to travel from wherever and get there and find out there workers under the tunnel

Guest CRUNKABUNKA

MAN THIS SUCKS IT GONNA SUCK TO SEE THE TEMPLE GET TURNED INTO A HOTEL, BUT I AM HAPPY TO SEE EVERYONE LOOOKING OUT FOR EACH OTHER.......PEACE OUT FELLA'S

Dam I guess making a come back here in my state is out of the question or so you think well im gonna work regardless I know I have lot more to lose than most writers but i feel such passion for what I do and thats my main motivator i cant let rumors get to my way of life. I wish more peeps felt like I did so they would listen to our message here in RI and that message is GETTING UP ALL OVER THE PLACE dam im rambling but no doubt those who are true wont fade and those who see this as a trend will Ive seen it before it will happen again peace 401 WRECKING CREW IS HERE MAD AND RESPECT to all writers here in RI past present and hopefully future

i know of 3 MAJOR spots right now that are being turned into businesses...the ri government doesnt wanna see our shit...pretty much we need to show them that no matter how hard they try...no matter how many writers go down...we need to keep getting shit up there..just be REALLY safe doing it...so they know they cant stop it...instead of just going out an hitting shit because it looks like theres no ones around...you may wanna check it for a few more minutes...but dont draw attention to your self doing it... be safe...hate to see fellow writers go down...

SEAPER...KWS

RI is far from becoming a Graff dominated state. Maybe back in the dayz when there were alot more spots to paint, shit wuz on. The freight yard is still the best shit out there. Nowadayz, with the exception of a few catz, all you got is a couple of Hot10s' that smash eachothers shit, make spotz hot wth thier bitten style and spread gossip like the Star Magazine. No dis to my RI peoples..Yall know who Yall are.

Fall River is definitely getting a little hot in the well known spots. Just be careful and youll be alright..still doesnt stop us from catchin wreck though...whats up NERDO..when we gettin together again??its been a while....good lookin out everyone..keep the info coming..

MR. MES.....DBW

peace to KWS..ADD..DBM..DOA and everyone else out there...

rhode island has alot of good graffitti but too many people with opinions on what graff should be. its not the fighting thats killing it, its everyone thinking that their way is the way it should be done. besides the basic mentality of keeping spots and others safe, there isnt many rules to this shit. and i notice a big lack of respect. people nowadays are too big headed to give other writers compliments. i think if anyone kills graff it will be the artists themselves. and its not the government shutting down spots, its the people who buy the space and want to make something there. supply and demand folks. get used to it. things change. i thought all the spots i painted in the early 90's where never going to die. but as time goes on, things change. dont sit here and complain about it, get off your internet ass and find some new spots.

Archived