O Brother Where Art Thou?

Sonik3000

I'd just like to begin a tribute thread.

This movie rocked.

The soundtrack was all the old-timey stuff I was brought up on as a little kid.

And it's based on the Odyssey.

I know the Odyssey backwards and forwards.

Ulysses too, and there's even a few tips of the hat in there to it.

And crime. Let's not forget crime.

So thanks Coen Brothers.

That movie rocked.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

I loved that movie,

The replacement of torturo by a frog after he meets the 'sirens' made me laugh to tears for some reason.

Coen brothers really have a sense of humor and a very extraordinary view on life.

I really enjoyed their latest film as well.

Homer is the man, you should read the original:)

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

me and the girl probably spent over $70 trying to watch it. we would rent it, not get a chance to watch it, put it somewhere to return it and forget for like a month. we idid this on at least 4 occasions, no joke. we finally got to watch it the other weekend and both loved it. too bad we coulda bought it cheaper...

good stuff though

back in december I was going through boxes of my music shit and found an old book of folk songs, it was my dad's in the 60's and somehow I copped it, maybe when I stole his Mickey Baker book, but anyway, most of the songs were kinda beat up, but there was this one... it really caught my eye and then my ear... I was almost to the point of having it all worked out and suddenly that movie came out and 'I am a Man of Constant Sorrow' was all on the radio and tv... I was so pissed, they stole my thunder so I dropped the song... I guess I'm still bitter...

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by blahblahblah

"The Man That Wasn't There" is going to be amazing too

You're in the US?

Its not on theaters yet?

I've seen the film its DOPE, very different from 'oh brother' or 'Lebowski'

but very good film, it reminded me Jarmuch's "Dead Man"

Guest diggity

most definatly one of the very best movies i've seen. soundtrack rocks as well. has anyone bought the follow up soundtrack to it? i cant recall the name of it. but its music inspired by the movie or some shit. is that the doc watson of which you guys speak? fill me in.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I saw amelie, although it had many good parts and some fresh ideas, i didnt care much.

The final result was kinda weak, way out of reality without being a fantastic world that can amaze you or convince you.

Unbearably romantic.

Archived