o brother where art thou appreciation thread.

ODS-1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah I dug this movie...It's got a bit of nostalgia for me...

I remember looking at the soundtrack while browsing in a music store, it said on the back of the album that a fair few of the songs were done by "the soggy bottom boys" .. so mabye they are who ODS is talking about ...

A damn fine film...

so much so that I'm considering writing a conference paper on Joyce's "Ulysses" and "O Brother.." as modern and "post"modern interpretations, respectively, of the Homerian epic. Go academics.

*Also note the odd similarities between this film and another Coen Bros. classic, "The Big Lebowski"...

Hello, I have a special offer for you...

WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT?

The most powerful weightloss is now available

without prescription. All natural Adipren720

100% Money Back Guarantée!

- Lose up to 19% Total Body Weight.

- Loss of 20-35% abdominal Fat.

- Up to 300% more Weight Loss while dieting.

- Increase metabolic rate by 76.9% without Exercise.

- Reduction of 40-70% overall Fat under skin.

- Suppresses appetite for sugar.

- Burns calorized fat.

- Boost your Confidence level and Self Esteem.

Get the facts about all-natural Adipren720

seriously, this is one of my favorites. Good call on thread(this)

i love this movie, i have the soundtrack.

i went to see it in the theater as wing man for my friend.... boy was the person i was set up with a dorkus malorkus.

the movie was good the 'date' was not, i got hammered afterward trying to enjoy myself on this awful double date. HA

ugg. the things you do for friends

Originally posted by thecarwreck

A damn fine film...

so much so that I'm considering writing a conference paper on Joyce's "Ulysses" and "O Brother.." as modern and "post"modern interpretations, respectively, of the Homerian epic. Go academics.

I remember seeing that the film was based on a book called "The Odyssey" (Not Homer's one..written by some author who bit the name)... but I never pieced two and two together...

Word to that Mr geeky pants... If that paper isn't more than 3000 words I wouldn't mind giving it a read...

haha.. I don't know what to think about Clooney anymore. On one hand he comes out with things like Dusk till Dawn, which I liked. Then on the other he goes and does some mediocre ish with J lo. In the end I guess he's cool cause I fancy his rugged good looks match my own :freak2:

Archived