Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Nyquil and Tylenol PM

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by fatbastard, Feb 15, 2004.

1. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

So i've been given some of this stuff by an american friend...The reason i was given it is because of my messed up sleeping patterns, i will soon have to wake up at 7am.

anyone taken either of these on a regular basis? what are they like for sleeping?

any bad side effects? good or bad stories?

2. i11igul

i11igul Senior Member

yeah, they make you pretty sleepy, is it the red or the green, i fucking hate the green, taste like licorish:mad:

3. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

I drank a good amount of nyquil one night to try to get some good rest. I ended up staying awake in my bed till 3 am or thereabouts, and the room was spinning and I felt quite sick/nausious (sp?)...That was just me though. It'll probably work okay though, I would just say don't have too much of it because it could mess you up a little.

On the other hand, just get a little bottle of whiskey and chug that. That usually does the trick for me when I want to get to sleep fast.

4. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

tylenol pm's are goodf for falling alseep, but don;t use them for way too long, not good for your liver

5. parcheesey

parcheesey New Jack

just get a bottle of sleeping pills at store 24 or 7 11, i forget the name. i use to take no-doz (caffiene pills) on the regular to stay awake in school.

6. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi Senior Member

both nyquil and tylenol pm are cold treatments, so if you take them regularly, you'll build up a tolerance and whatever the active ingredient is won't work on you. this kind of happened to me, i used to get really bad headaches all the time. now to feel anything with aspirin i have to take around 2400 mg, which is usually around twelve pills. terrible for the stomach and liver.

why not just drink yourself to sleep like a normal person?

7. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

Really if you're looking for a sleep aid, get a damn sleep aid.
    There's no need to pump you're body full of cold medicine while you're at it.

8. TresOne

TresOne Member

^^ Agreed. I used to have the worst insomnia ever, and during school too, the only time i actually needed a decent amount of sleep. You can tire yourself out in other ways too...

I used to have a really hard workout about 3 hours before i *had* to go to bed, then came home, ate a light meal, had one beer, then popped a sleep-aid pill of sorts - i can't remember the name. Used to work wonders.

Fuck using NyQuil and Tylenol to get sleepy - ain't the way to go, son.

9. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

go with the nyquil, tylenol pm sucks, it has the same thing in it as benadryl

10. trainbuffer

trainbuffer Banned

ambien, xanax, valium

11. rebsBK

rebsBK Member

over the counter: nyquil

see a doc: ambien first...but you build a crazy tolerance 10 mgs, 20 mgs the next week then your gone.

next: real sleeping aids like seraquil or gabatril...dont bulid a tolerance and your out like a motherfucker...

12. Ethreadzny2

Ethreadzny2 Veteran Member

YEAH I HEARD THAT IT HAD NEGATIVE EFFECTS ON THE LIVER. I WAS TAKING THEM FOR A GOOD WHILE, BUT HELD OFF ON THEM FOR A STEADY RATE TO AVOID LIVER FAILURE.

13. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Member

ambien is great. best sleep meds i ever took for my lil sleep disorder.

AND, if you take it and don't try to fall asleep you kind of trip out. bonus.

14. caL

caL Senior Member

^^
    thats what i do

but the real question is,
    http://www.hubmoore.com/pics/gifs/pout.gif'>
    which one gets you fucked up?

15. avils

avils Senior Member

:king: also, a few pipes in the afternoon after work normally has me faded as hell by about 11 - 12... Zzzzzzzzzzzzz