NYPD To Begin Searching commuter bags

dumy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

NPR just said that theyre only doing certain entrances, and you can just walk to the next stop. Now Im accross the country, so I dont know. But if I was worried about them finding my paint or other things etc etc, this would be a stratagy I would look into. I'd like to hear from some folks in NY, have you been searched yet?

Originally posted by dumy@Jul 22 2005, 02:10 PM

what do you guys think of this new policy?

invasion of privacy? neccessary evil? not a big deal?

link for story and full details

OH well..People voted for the Patriot Act. That's a part of it coming into Extreme effect. Especially after the 2nd London bombings. I dont care cause we dont have a subway. Hehe.

WELCOME TO THE POLICE STATE.

The london bombings were staged to get the PATRIOT ACT through easily and to see how many more freddoms were are willing to volunteer in the name of SAFETY.

biometric IDs, house searches, it is all coming.

Yeah, I'm just wondering if people think when actually applied if this policy makes sense as a way to deter specific terrorism or if its a just a huge waste of time that invades your personal space and privacy?..thoughts anyone?

i think its more just them quickly opening large bags to make sure there isn't a large explosive in it. If i had to guess they aren't going to bother going through small bags, or different sections in bags. Also, i don't know what the deal is on them being able to charge you for something like paint or drugs if they happen to find it. Regardless, they're not going to be searching that many people and it will probably be at peak traffic times, so you don't need to worry about them busting you for something petty like spray paint or whatever else illegal you happen to be carrying as long as it isn't some sort of large dangerous weapon or explosive.

I would expect any young, brownskinned male with a backpack to have an encounter with the cops upon using public transportation. Anyone even vaguely Indian looking under 30 will get shit when this happens. They may stop a few others to make it look good

if you have nothing to hide, it shouldnt be a problem.

better safe then sorry.

but then again, this is only the beginning...next, they could say "ok. were going to perform random apartment/house searches."

who knows.

carrying paint is legal if your 18 or over.

anyway, does the patriot act go away after bush leaves?

Originally posted by tycobb@Jul 22 2005, 09:18 PM

The london bombings were staged to get the PATRIOT ACT through easily and to see how many more freddoms were are willing to volunteer in the name of SAFETY.

shut the fuck up idiot

i'm not to sure how i feel about this until i witness it in act.

I do know that sometime this week, in a town around me a guy was stopped on the platform by the police and they found a machete and some other stuff in his bag. They checked his record and he had been arrested before for bomb makings (can't think of a word for it).

Then again it could just be propaganda.

eh

if you can just go to the next station, it seems to defeat the purpose... the terrorist isn't gonna be like, "damn. they're searching this one. I gotta walk 5 blocks tot he next stop... fuck that."

I really can't see this working.... adding hours to everyone's daily commutes? c'mon

Originally posted by tycobb@Jul 22 2005, 09:18 PM

conspiracy theroists think too hard sometimes. this shit hurts my brain, makes me think too much. boo.

Originally posted by Vanity@Jul 22 2005, 10:44 PM

if you can just go to the next station, it seems to defeat the purpose... the terrorist isn't gonna be like, "damn. they're searching this one. I gotta walk 5 blocks tot he next stop... fuck that."

I really can't see this working.... adding hours to everyone's daily commutes? c'mon

Originally posted by El Mikinbin De Miami+Jul 22 2005, 03:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (El Mikinbin De Miami - Jul 22 2005, 03:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dumy@Jul 22 2005, 02:10 PM

what do you guys think of this new policy?

invasion of privacy? neccessary evil? not a big deal?

link for story and full details

OH well..People voted for the Patriot Act. That's a part of it coming into Extreme effect. Especially after the 2nd London bombings. I dont care cause we dont have a subway. Hehe.

[/b]

No actual citizens voted for the patriot act. It was all politicians.