nyc subway movement

why write?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I predicted this back in 2001, when budgets were cut.

it is

inevitable.

the decay will come again. and once the money is cut..

what's the state to expect? they're pumping money into military industrial spending, iraq, and other crap and neglecting domestic problems. those billions could definately go to state's to pay for subsidies and what not..especially NYC!

do you think if all writers went out and bombed da subway system, and kept doing it eventually they would run out of money to buff the trains, but the yards are soo up tight and hard to get into these days....the other day i was trying to come up with a plan on how to get in and i was scoping around and everything is watched and hard to bomb.....its amazing how they pay people to sit there and watch trains.....its like having people sittin there watching a parking lot full of cars.....

Originally posted by why write?

do you think if all writers went out and bombed da subway system, and kept doing it eventually they would run out of money to buff the trains, but the yards are soo up tight and hard to get into these days....the other day i was trying to come up with a plan on how to get in and i was scoping around and everything is watched and hard to bomb.....its amazing how they pay people to sit there and watch trains.....its like having people sittin there watching a parking lot full of cars.....

Nah there is holes in any system. How come NYC's hardcore still hit them and loads of euro's do panels etc? (This is not a diss at new york as the USA vs euro argument is fucking old and boring!)

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by why write?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security is soooo tight after 9/11 that it makes any subway trains hard... the amount of security, cameras is ridiculous.

I dunno... if there was some sort of Cou of freight writers, maybe. I'm saying it's doubtful, tho. Granted controling the graffiti 'problem' in NYC is a lot like controlling the rat problem... I'd imagine spray paint being banned before I could imaine walking into a terminal to see a car covered...

Then there's thermal imaging:

http://www.sixcentz.com/articles/heat_vision.htm

when a city wants to portray to the public that things are on the up and up, without spending countless dollars to actually fix the real problems, they clean graffiti... joe average tends to threatened by graff, abd if things are clean, life is good... When a city tries to show the public all the wonderful things they are doing, the FIRSRT thing they do is buff... it is the fastest easiest way to make it LOOK like things are improving... therefore, the MTA will not allow the trains to become plauged with graff... even if other areas have to suffer, they WILL find the money to claean graff, in order to make things look like everything is under control, and things are still safe and well............ Its all about appearances and public misconception.... so stop holding your breath and thing about the big picture... not just this false reality of graff and the 15 year old narrow minded reasoning that goes along with it...

as much as i would like to say yes, im afraid those days our over :o

too much crazy technology with all this infa-red type shit and other security traps, security is just going to get tighter and harder to get into the stations....

wish i was around in that era.....so many awesome subway stories passed down...

It would be interesting to see what happened if a larger group of writers started trying to concentrate on getting more panels to run.. by painting more cars, hitting more frequent, trying to exhaust the buff.. If it were done in a large scale I could see something possibly coming of it.

You have to realize though, If you keep pushing something like this, mass hits, alot more people actively painting it, consequences are going to get ALOT more intense.. I know the typical response will be "well dont get caught", but, it happens to the best of us, and I know I would definatly not want to be on the recieving end of consequence during a time when NYC would be looking to hang someone over subways..

time will tell, graffiti is as hot as ever right now though..

new york is doable, as mentioned earlier in the thread every system as holes in, enough euro heads have done it, wholecars, wholetrains etc. so its possible people. i heard that desa mta is doing a bit agin, if all you new yorkers turned back to the trains then it wud get rinsed. power in numbers:D

if it does occur it seems likely that more security would evolve since they feel a graffiti era might be reborn

when i was in nyc i saw some tags and bombs in stations that stayed there for about a week and i was a bit shocked for the time period of remaining up. plus i barely ever saw any cops, but saw a shitload of cameras.