Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

numbers for frieght kings

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by taxer, Apr 22, 2002.

1. taxer

taxer Junior Member

i dont know? how many frieghts do you think freight kings do a year.
    how many e2e s , how many whole cars? shit, throws and tags? just throw out some stats, or estimates, or whatever.. what do you think?

2. DankLordz

DankLordz Senior Member

is this thread necessary?

3. AllTheKingsMen

AllTheKingsMen Junior Member

alot more then you obviously do

4. CoffinCheatr

CoffinCheatr Junior Member

Don't sweat it.

Taxer,
    You and I both know this is something of which you need not worry. In fact, I spotted you over the weekend. Your numbers are impressive.

;)

5. TrustEvil

TrustEvil Guest

if you're seriously worrying about graffiti numbers, then you have some head issues to deal with...mostly the fact that you don't have anything better to do with your time.....being a fr8 king has a lot less to do with numbers than it does with style, dedication and longevity.

6. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

7. krowteN

krowteN Guest

i wonder how many "freight kings" will be around in 10 years? i mean are they kings or just overnight sensations?

8. honkyartist

honkyartist Banned

i know you are but what am i

9. MONSTERKIDZ

MONSTERKIDZ Guest

well if they arent around in 10 years then they arent kings.... that word is used too
    loosely these days id say there is only about 10 dudes out there that can say
    they are king......but u guys give credit to anyone on the internet so it wouldnt surprise me
    if u people think there are 100's of freight kings.... morons

10. taxer

taxer Junior Member

everyone that doesnt Know me talks mad shit cause im a fuckin internet toy who cant type good enough? I have head issues? nothing to do with my time? just cause i dont have 800 posts doesnt mean i cant ask a simple question. none of you even tried to answer it for me. So I want be a freight king when I grow up, sorry.

"is this post really necessary?".........this whole fucking web page and the rest of the fucking internet isnt necessary.

I asked for stats. so give me some. ...damn.

11. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

ive heard rumors in the 500's....but thats the whole thing...unless you meet someone like mber in person, its really hard to gauge how many freights someone like him puts out a year...he, himself, probably doesnt even know how many he puts up in a year...on GTV8 sien5 says he tries to do at least 50 a year....which isnt really that much. i think the main thing is just do as many as you can a year for about 3 or 4 years or maybe even 5 or 6 years....thats what i plan to do at least....

12. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

along with what sector said...

the thing about sien5 is that he is probably in his 30's and has been doing freights consistantly for 10+ years.

13. TrustEvil

TrustEvil Guest

this topic is very stupid and i am somewhat ashamed of myself for participating in it, but whatever. Simply put, quantity does not make you a king. As was mentioned, people like sien5 as well as many other "fr8 kings" do not have nearly as many numbers as newjacks like onorok or worms...these guys have serious quantity going on, but they are still young bucks in the game. The real kings have been at it consistently for many many years and the vast majority of you internet ballhuggers would be surprised to know that their entire careers contain far fewer trains than all the new kids who make it their life mission to rock 500 a year...shit, some of the kings barely have hit the 500 mark of burners, but that doesn't take away from the fact that they put in work, they have style and they have more dedication than most (aside from the fact that they were rocking steel while you were still in litte league). That's what makes them kings, not adhering to some stupid numbers game that everyone seems to think is so damn important. Shit, you can do 2 fucking fr8s a year and still be famous because of this whole internet shit. It boggles my mind how wrapped up everyone is in this...

14. SPFlatty

SPFlatty Guest

i used to think a number meant you were a king, until i saw what folks were countin as freights. if i spent as much time doing 5 trains a night then puttin in a shit load of time on one masterpiece, i'd have a thousand + freights. my point is that a king's number isn't important. this whole freight trend thing has been destroying the lines by kids using a street mentality on the frieghts. "hey, let's go bomb freights!" what the fuck is this? they're not to be bombed! freights are rolling canvas' not freeway overpasses or billboards. they should be treated with respect. but, only someone who has been around as long as the current day kings would understand this respect. those writers who pretend to be freight gangsters and fuck up the lines are just toys trying to bully artists and are hurting graff as we love it. the other day i saw a poem/zen/king 157 end to end with throw ups over it. the writers that bombed over it were pretty "up" writers that i have now lost total respect for. i'm going to paint trains forever, but its frustrating to have "toys", cause that's what they are, ruining the legacy started by crews like bfk, rtm, and whoever began puttin it down. i just can't wait till these guys fall off or go down, cause they will.

15. taxer

taxer Junior Member

by the way thank you coffin cheater, and thank you sector for throwing out numbers. and its not a stupid topic and thats why you did participate.
    im not stupid i understand the quality over the quantity thing, its just commen sense. my question was about names and numbers, maybe i didnt make that clear. tell me who you think frate kings are and some numbers. some cats are known for e2e's, some kids are known for strate letters with crazy fill designs, and some kids are known for inernet and magazines. i wanted to discuss freight kings. real ones.