Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Now the RIAA hits Parents, roommates + grandparents

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by --zeSto--, Jul 24, 2003.

1. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

http://www.rednova.com/news/stories/3/2003...4/story003.html

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Parents, roommates - even grandparents - are
    being targeted in the music industry's new campaign to track computer
    users who share songs over the Internet, bringing the threat of
    expensive lawsuits to more than college kids.

A serious Boo-Urns for these fuckers.
    There's no way they will get any sympathy any more.
    Even the hardliners who think file sharing is pure evil
    cant be expected to condone a lwsuit against someone's
    grandmother. Like Granny would want some metallica tracks

2. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

Naw check it out though. I promise those fuckers will never cite me.

3. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

my grandma can barely use her webtv. what the fuck kind of bullshit is this?

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

this is such a joke, i honestly cant believe its honestly happening. we're at war with the whole world right now, and our fucking politicians are wasting their time arguing over fucking file sharing.

you remembe a year or two ago, at like the grammy's or something, when the big head guy got up and gave a speach about how downloading was hurting the industy and blah blah, and everyone was sitting there like...dude, what the fuck are you doing? you sound like an asshole.

fuck the music industry. i feel real bad for sony and warner brothers, and interscope and virgin...poor little things, they're doing so bad. fucking bullshit. i probably paid just as much in taxes last year as all 4 of those companies companied. fuck em all. die, die, die (my darling)

5. NOUM

NOUM Elite Member

6. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

And guess what?

No one will stop sharing/downloading files. Like I've said previously, it'll be interesting to see them sue a quarter of the US population.

7. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

like I said in another thread...

8. Poop Man Bob

I thought you said "restricted freedom zone."

Either works ..

9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

a large percentage of the population smoke weed, but that doesnt mean anyone stands up for anyone else when they're imprisoned for it. nearly half the population of america is a minority of some kind, yet no one, including them, stands up for them. one out of ten people has a serious mental illness, yet we're cutting funding at an unprecidented rate. we're a bunch of selfish motherfuckers who will deny any wrong doing to the point where we convince ourselves were not actually doing it.
    i mean, i dont want to believe it, but look how fucked things are already? it's just another drop in the bucket to start imprisoning people for petty 'intellectual property' crimes.

10. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

I did. Thanks.

I'm still suprised someone's actually reading my posts. :idea:

11. Poop Man Bob

Well, that particular post struck me as rather funny. I actually told my girlfriend about the "restricted freedom zone" comment.

12. Poop Man Bob

I agree .. but as far as the weed thing goes, there's still much more of a stigma attached to ingesting any type of drug than downloading a song off the internet.

But who am I to talk .. I do both.

13. slightly

slightly Member

at least the prison industry is doing good.

14. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

haha, no, i know what you mean. downloading music is far, far more acceptible. but i mean just think about how many 'freedoms' we've lost in just the last ten years. politicians are turning innocent people into criminals. it's damn near entrapment.
    i hate america.
    it's funny, we spend our whole lives being told 'no one has the freedom we have', then you learn about the majority of the european continent, and you realize.... holy fuck, they're all more free than we are. even canada for christ sake. i talk a gang of shit about cananda, but honestly 90% of it is done to mock america. blah. no one cares but us, and we cant seem to do shit but write on dumpsters as a form of 'protest'. yeah for us.

15. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

and the other 10% is to mock the Brits.