Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Now that Baghdad is free...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by .:armr:., Apr 9, 2003.

1. .:armr:.

.:armr:. New Jack

Now that Baghdad is free...Iraqi's all over are going nuts...and most of the Arab world...i would like to know if all you anti war people...are still anti war (specifically war with iraq) and after the fuselage and chemicals...

2. dojafx

dojafx Member

yeah, lets put a good president in there! like the shah of iran!
    he was great!

3. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah, and the ba'ath party in iraq that brough saddam to power.

nope, the guy we're puttiing in place to 'run'(?) iraq is a former weapons dealer from america.
    yeah.
    cause im sure thats exactly what the iraqi people were hoping for.

the war is not over. im happy that the people are free, but there is going to be a much higher price to pay, still to come.

4. Sickboy

Sickboy Member

Just case I' anit-war doesn't mean Im pro-Saddam. Damn. Another capitolist country with right-wing leaders. Will Iraq suffer the same events as Columbia? Stay Tuned!

5. yoink

yoink Elite Member

its Colombia. and whats your correlation, im interested.

6. villain

villain Veteran Member

Yeah I'm wondering if when the dust settles and the media turns it's back is this new democracy going to become yet another brutal puppet regime?

7. Exactly...plus, i was and still am anti-war this war was and is bullshit...i dont think that the coallition has proven that there were actually guns of mass destruction there...anyway one thing i'm glad about is that the bombing is done (at least the massive) that mutherfucker saddam is out.

Still i have to adress a question to you prowar people:
    You believe that this war wasnt a HUGE bloodshed? you feel that the US is gonna install democracy in IRAQ?
    i certainly hope so...but it doesnt seem like it so far

I heard today that the US claims that the weapons that they DIDNT find are suspected to be moved in syria before the war started by saddam....counting backwards...heh

8. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

look at post-war Afghanistan !!!!

The bad guys the Taliban replaced (mostly Mujahadeen and warlords)
    are back in power. The oppressive govenment just has a new name.
    Billions promised in American aid hasn't arrived (it all went to Isreal).
    There's weapons in the streets and the USA wont help clear landmines
    becasue they are one of the very few countries who refused to sign the
    treaty against the use of mines. in short... sure Mullah Omar is gone,
    but the country is still fucked!

I'm not going to say that the US involvement in Iraq is a sucess untill
    there's a new government that truly represents the Iraqi people.
    Not a Bush puppet and not a tribal group of warlords.

Regime change is a 2-step issue.
    a) remove the old
    B) install the new

that hasn't happened yet.

9. phism

phism Member

those are about my sentiments.

a few more interjections:
    - if we stay too long, the iraqi people won't have it. they want saddam, but they don't want us there.
    (i'll give links to those if anyone wants them)
    - who cares if we find weapons, none of them are going to have the ability to reach the united states. even on the off chance that they did, saddam hussein did not have the political influence to do it; it'd be political suicide.
    - our plan is not to give the iraqis self-determination at all. we've already told many opposition (opposed to saddam hussein) groups that we wouldn't let them participate in forming a new government. our plan, actually, is to annex iraq, or at least the sunni population to jordan; to allow turkey to overrun the kurds... because if we created a kurdish state, turkey would declare war on them anyway; and to keep the shi'a population under our thumbs so that they don't ally with iran. if we installed a true democracy in iraq, the shi'ites are 60%, and would be very sympathetic with iran, and we hate iran. any political siding with iran would be definitively against our interests.

i'm ranting, i'm going to stop now.

the real reason behind the war - http://www.newamericancentury.org
    more info on the PNAC - http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/EC20Ak07.html

also, do some research about dollars vs. euros in oil trade. maybe i'll post about that later.

10. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

sounds like a segue to me. how else are we going to start bombing Syria?

11. johnny

johnny Dirty Dozen Crew

i think what will be interesting to see is where they steamroll the coalition forces onto next. iran looking a little peekid? syria looks like a go'er. who else?

12. phism, right on...one of this war's goals was the destruction of the european union unity..goal achieved.

Steve, yeah man...i just wonder how many countries will those guns travel until we reach the 'new american century' the bush admin dreams off

13. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

14. sTress

sTress Member

what, why do you assume that whats good for you is good for other people. Irak is not the farwest, theres no cowboys and indians, and people dont want to do "high five" or watch mtv. And what if they dont want a democracy?

15. "We Greeks invented democracy!!"

http://www.gorillapants.com/images/gw_jerkyguy.jpg'>

"Yeah, you also invented homos"