Now sober... fuck

Lazy Gringo

Well its 3:30am and I just got back home from a night of partying... sober. Ive been sober goin on 3 months now and I feel pretty good actually, I dunno no one else seems to care that Im sober so I decided to tell a buncha geeky graff heads I dont know hoping for approval? Who else in here is staying sober for the moment? or 'recovering' from addiction? Humor me, Im bored as fuck and no one is awake to call or talk to...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Right now I'm attempting to break the chain of alcoholism my family has been forging for generations. My greatest influence is my brother, who at the age of 29 has the courage to make gigantic changes in his life. In the past few months he has gone to AA and been sober for 2 months, started grad school, been asked to speak at the max security prison downtown bmore regarding substance abuse, and completely flipped his perspective on life around. The only problem is shaking all forms of addiction, not just substituting one addiction for another. Right now I'm still struggling with substituting, but it seems to be getting easier. I don't know what good my approval is, but just wanted to let you know there are people not doing the "lets get wasted" thing.

I got mixed up in meth, coke, xtc, and drinking a lot for about 5 months. i'm lucky, i don't have an addictive personality. for me it was just a matter of seeing myself slowly deteriorate physically and mentally, recognizing the problem, then getting myself out of the loop i was stuck in. i never went completely sober, but after realizing i had a problem, it felt really good to get my life back in order. now i drink maybe two times a month, and haven't done any drugs in about 2 months. i feel a lot better. when your an addict you're so busy wanting your fix that you never really enjoy day to day things.

so good for you. you're one step ahead of a lot of people who will be going through this when they find out they have liver failure. just remember to think about all the good things that happen every second.. meeting people, talking to people, laughing, adrenalin, dreaming, wanting, being proud of yourself, etc. you should start playing pool, like me, so when you go to a bar you can win money off of all the drunk fuckers wanting to make bets. it keeps me occupied and i don't think about who's drinking or having more fun than me.

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

OHHHHHH

im telling, fuck those beers and hop on the "Acid-Train", LOL

not really though, i am clean & sober, actually i drink once in a while but never drugs...

------------------

Signature

Note:The Signature feature is currently enabled by this bulletin board's administrator. You may use UBB Code in this field, but not HTML.

The UBB Code Image tag is not permitted, however.

i had to quit smokin weed for my job.have a up and coming piss test.let me tell ya i dont like it.i just wanna roll a el and puff it to the head.i smoked dro on a dailt basis.i havent touched it in a month and it still sucks.drinking just aint the same.i wann get lit.soon as i piss in a cup im going right home and copping a ounce of dro rolling el with keef and smoking it to my head.fuck this clean and serine bull shit.

Originally posted by tow up from tha flow up !:

I got mixed up in meth, coke, xtc, and drinking a lot for about 5 months. i'm lucky, i don't have an addictive personality. for me it was just a matter of seeing myself slowly deteriorate physically and mentally, recognizing the problem, then getting myself out of the loop i was stuck in. i never went completely sober, but after realizing i had a problem, it felt really good to get my life back in order. now i drink maybe two times a month, and haven't done any drugs in about 2 months. i feel a lot better. when your an addict you're so busy wanting your fix that you never really enjoy day to day things.

so good for you. you're one step ahead of a lot of people who will be going through this when they find out they have liver failure. just remember to think about all the good things that happen every second.. meeting people, talking to people, laughing, adrenalin, dreaming, wanting, being proud of yourself, etc. you should start playing pool, like me, so when you go to a bar you can win money off of all the drunk fuckers wanting to make bets. it keeps me occupied and i don't think about who's drinking or having more fun than me.

not to bust your head or nothing...but when you used to come down here for shows and talk to me and sit weren't you on the edge?

------------------

til I change my mind..STRAIGHT EDGE!!!!!

If you aren't now, you never were... right?

but yeah, I thought I was straight edge for 4 years. "sold out" and tried just about anything and everything all at once.. just making up for lost time I guess http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//wink.gif'> just kidding.

when are you come up here and drink a guiness with me?

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

Originally posted by tow up from tha flow up !:

If you aren't now, you never were... right?

but yeah, I thought I was straight edge for 4 years. "sold out" and tried just about anything and everything all at once.. just making up for lost time I guess http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//wink.gif'> just kidding.

when are you come up here and drink a guiness with me?

i might go up there teusday night for the caliban show. I am going tomorrow night in indy so I can get my dancing in. I know that since alot the kids from up wround your way aren't fans of mine I won't have as much fun up there. I might show up though. if I do I want to get drunk so I can drive 2 hours home the next day while hung over.

------------------

til I change my mind..STRAIGHT EDGE!!!!!

Originally posted by Boognish:

Right now I'm attempting to break the chain of alcoholism my family has been forging for generations. My greatest influence is my brother, who at the age of 29 has the courage to make gigantic changes in his life. In the past few months he has gone to AA and been sober for 2 months, started grad school, been asked to speak at the max security prison downtown bmore regarding substance abuse, and completely flipped his perspective on life around. The only problem is shaking all forms of addiction, not just substituting one addiction for another. Right now I'm still struggling with substituting, but it seems to be getting easier. I don't know what good my approval is, but just wanted to let you know there are people not doing the "lets get wasted" thing.

good deal man. i drink far too much. i'm trying to cut the shit and get myself straight. i'm not at the point where i think alcohol is ruining my life but it's taking it's toll.

fuck having a crutch. i wanna be an empowered motherfucker.

Archived