now i need ear-buds

watson

since my multitool thread went so well, anyone know a good set of ear-buds for a decent price?

i'm not looking to spend more then about $40 on them, maybe $50 if they're that great

211077565.jpg

skull candy titan - $33 shipped

* 11mm speakers

* Cable length - 1.3 M (4.26 ft.)

* Frequency range - 20 - 20K Hz

* Impedance - 16 ohms

* Included - nylon/mesh carrying case, COMPLY foam tips

* Max input power - 100mW

* Plug type - 3.5mm gold plated

21wvqJXvFdL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

sony mdr-xb40ex - $40 shipped

* Frequency Range - 4Hz - 24kHz

* Impedance - 16 Ohms

* Sensitivity - 105dB

* Maximum Input Power - 100mW

* Connectors - Gold-Plated 3.5mm Stereo Mini Plug

* Cable Length - 3.9' (1.2 m)

* Weight - 0.32 oz (9.1g)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

V-Moda Bass

41M8R66A68L._AA280_.jpg

I really liked the sound on these, but the casing will break before you know it. Glue or tape will kind of fix it though. Pretty cheap too.

Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5eb

yhst-94024159501758_2083_24679353

I've had these for about 2 years, and they're still going strong. When I lived in Japan I used them everyday on the train, and they don't look beat up at all. More expensive, but more awesome.

• 3 months later...

Spend some more money and get the BOSE ear buds. Best money I ever spent. And they have a great replacement program. I have had mine for going on 2 years when the wire started to fray at the connection to where they would plug into my ipod. I called them up, they apologized for what happened. They said to ship my old ones to them and they would ship me a brand new pair of newer gen earbuds plus a brand new warranty upon recieving my old set. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Yes they are pricey but worth every penny.

Bose is the best IMO.

I've tried a few other brands but the way the bose fits in your ear and doesn't fall out is what has me sold.

They come with different sized adapters for different sized ear holes and fit perfect once you have the right size.

I also like the way you can turn them up loud and it's not annoying everyone else on the train with excess wasted treble spewing out of them.

I got myself a pair, then some for wifey later on, and then some for my mom when she got an ipod, thought I lost mine so copped another pair then found my old ones.

$400 on ear buds in two years.

scrap2.jpg.8aae6daa7a2c34dea35d0e8ed3302e9d.jpg

scrap.jpg.778fd99604de6d986b93e6f887c494fc.jpg

im gonna have to disagree about going to bose if you want quality...

I had a pair of Shure E4Cs for a few years, but they were always too heavy to do anything with besides sit and listen to music.

also, when the cord rubs against your shirt or whatever it sounds like when you have one of these in your ears

stethoscope.jpg

skull candies cords are pussy and will break within the month at the base of the headphones, even the metal ones.

if you want decent sound quality and indestructible headphones for cheap, go with these JVC headphones, they're usually like 10 dollars and sound better than skull candies and they usually last me like 4-6 months and im pretty hard on them

f_jvc_hpf120.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
anyone know some headphone

with crisp sound and good bass?

Ive had a pair of Technics RPDJ-1200 headphones for several years (got em for $70 when they came out) and have found the bass response and clarity to be unmatched in any headphones under $250 bucks..

they've definitely stood the test of time.

IS349677-01-03-BIG.jpg

looks like they've been updated to a model called RPDJ1200A

looks lilke its got the same build quality though.

• 2 weeks later...

etymotic-research-hf5.jpg

Mine are black and im not entirely sure if thats the exact model as the ones i have but they look an awful lot like em. Very nice, they cost me almost 200 dollars but when i fucked em up, sent em back and they replaced them with better ones.

I endorse them. Very good sound canceling, very good sound

im gonna have to disagree about going to bose if you want quality...

I had a pair of Shure E4Cs for a few years, but they were always too heavy to do anything with besides sit and listen to music.

also, when the cord rubs against your shirt or whatever it sounds like when you have one of these in your ears

stethoscope.jpg

skull candies cords are pussy and will break within the month at the base of the headphones, even the metal ones.

if you want decent sound quality and indestructible headphones for cheap, go with these JVC headphones, they're usually like 10 dollars and sound better than skull candies and they usually last me like 4-6 months and im pretty hard on them

f_jvc_hpf120.jpg

These JVC's are the shit. They are cheap, sound great and can be extremely loud when your ipod is at full volume. One of the ear bud wires usually gets fucked up and kills one ear after about 3 months because im really really hard on mine. They stay in my ears all day off or on. For $10 you cant beat them. You can switch colors every time you replace them so you stay fly.