"Not One Damn Dime Day"

ERIZENO

I remember people trying this for gas prices a few years ago without much success, however its worth sharing with as many people as possible. I know I wont be spending shit, hope more follow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Not One Dime Day

Not One Dime Day - Jan 20, 2005

Since our religious leaders will not speak out against the war in Iraq, since our political leaders don't have the moral courage to oppose it, Inauguration Day, Thursday, January 20th, 2005 is "Not One Damn Dime Day" in America.

On "Not One Damn Dime Day" those who oppose what is happening in our name in Iraq can speak up with a 24-hour national boycott of all forms of consumer spending.

During "Not One Damn Dime Day" please don't spend money. Not one damn dime for gasoline. Not one damn dime for necessities or for impulse purchases.

Not one damn dime for nothing for 24 hours. On "Not One Damn Dime Day," please boycott Wal-Mart, Kmart, Target... Please don't go to the mall or the local convenience store. Please don't buy any fast food (or any groceries at all for that matter).

For 24 hours, please do what you can to shut the retail economy down. The object is simple. Remind the people in power that the war in Iraq is immoral and illegal; that they are responsible for starting it and that it is their responsibility to stop it.

"Not One Damn Dime Day" is to remind them, too, that they work for the people of the United States of America, not for the international corporations and K Street lobbyists who represent the corporations and funnel cash into American politics.

"Not One Damn Dime Day" is about supporting the troops.

Now 1,200 brave young Americans and (some estimate) 100,000 Iraqis have died. The politicians owe our troops a plan - a way to come home.

There's no rally to attend. No marching to do. No left or right wingagenda to rant about. On "Not One Damn Dime Day" you take action by doing nothing. You open your mouth by keeping your wallet closed.

For 24 hours, nothing gets spent, not one damn dime, to remind our religious leaders and our politicians of their moral responsibility to end the war in Iraq and give America back to the people.

Please share this email with as many people as possible Commercial speech must not be the only free speech in America!

Bill Moyers

BillMoyersHeadshot_t.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I understand the theory behind this...but in all honesty...how is this going to do anything other than hurt retail businesses? why would we want to hurt our already fragile economy? if it was just oil...I'd be all over it. Is it just supposed to be a threat of the power of the american people and what they can do when properly motivated? Americans are too entirely lazy for this to be a consistent threat. Sure some will do it for one day. Most already do. How many would participate if it was more than one day?

edit because of targeting the big corporations...ie Walmart, Target etc. I'd be all for this as long as the focus was on major corporations only. Not spending any money at the local coffee shop or bakery is gonna do nothing but fuck a hardworking american with his own business.

keep it simple. keep it corporate.

This isn't going to do a damn thing. For every damn dime not spent on not one damn dime day, the same people not spending any are going to be spending twice as many later to buy needed supplies. The basic logic behind something like this has to be massively flawed to assume that corporate america will be hurt if there is one day of lowered spending.

fuck the economy.

i am ready for the decline of the american empire.

my tax dollars are going down the toilet, the u.s. dollar is tanking.

fuck it.

these days, i hardly buy anything that isn't food, plane tickets, rent/living expenses or paint

everything is so homogenized and globalized now anyway.

you could also argue that we're hurting other nation's economies by boycotting "buy"

i am tired of the capitalist system

i was thinking this morning...

the American Dream started out as freedom of speech/religion/etc

then it became the pursuit of happiness/manifest destiny.

somewhere along the line, it became get rich quick.

.i'm over it.

Originally posted by angelofdeath@Jan 6 2005, 04:50 PM

bill moyers is a fuck tard.

hahahahaahah

I think I recall a email that went around some time last year urging people not to buy fuel on on a certain date.......

thats like telling me not to wipe my ass after I shit... it just aint going to happen.

Its a interesting idea and would cause some havok, then again it could also hurt the small business owners, the people that really keep are economy going. As far as huge corporations if we could boycott them for week and it wouldn't change shit, they would just raise there prices to make up for lost revenue

(( Target= that shit is french owned and they refuse to contribute charity funds to U.S veterans organizations so fuck them anyway ))