Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Nostalgia. Old people only.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by KING OF HELL, Mar 24, 2003.

1. KING OF HELL

KING OF HELL Guest

dude....if your at least 25 you should remember most of these.. and feel free to add. but i dont want any like 19 year olds talking about the heyday of voltron or power rangers.

Micronauts. Hong Kong Fooey. New Zoo Review. Zoom. Plasticman. The Herculoids. Dungeos and Dragons cartoon with all the kids in the roles. Great Space Coaster. Slim Goodbody. Mr Green Jeans. ok ok ok...get your old on.

2. Al Green

Al Green Veteran Member

yes yes yes all great stuff.
    one of my personal favorites was ultraman.

3. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

ha

4. podrido

podrido Veteran Member

micronauts, herculoids,d& d yeah good times

5. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

if memory serves correct the herculoids were the shit. Im gonna have to go out on a limb and say that old school MTV cartoon Banana man was cool too.

But i want to digress from the TV and move more along the lines of toys. What ever happened to kids playin outside on the slip and slide? Ohh i almost forgot about that really big round game with the 4 different colored lights on it that you have to press in a certain pattern..........SIMON.

The greatest cartoon ever was MASK. These fools actually had cars that
    turned into cooler cars. HAHAHa

6. D&D cartoons... oh boy how I loved that quality show.

7. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

absolutely the best. I wish someone would play reruns of it or put it on DVD.

A couple other oldies I remember watching...The Green Lantern and Shazam.

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

ya know, im old enough, but i didnt really watch any of those.... i dont know if it was a regional thing or what, but they certainly werent pushed in my area.
    i did watch the d&d one somewhat though.

what about the wrestling/monster truck cartoon? it was a half our show split up into two 15 minute segments.
    who the fuck decided to make a cartoon about monster trucks?

a-team, magnum p.i., simon and simon, great american hero...

9. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

i ain't 25 and I remember the D&D cartoon.

10. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

condor man...?

what about Rubix Cube?

Snorkels?

and that Kangaroo cartoon?

I don't know, if my bro was around, I'd ask him.

11. Ken E. Bus

Ken E. Bus Member

Are You a Child of the 80s?
    Trapped between the "Baby Boomers" and "Generation Y" is a special generation ... a generation we call "Children of the Eighties." If you can identify with most of the 15 points below, chances are you are definitely one of them ...

1. You owned a *real* Rubik's cube. Still have one.
    2. One word: Izod.
    3. You remember when MTV didn't exist. Alternatively you remember when the M stood for Music, not Mundane.
    4. "Alternative" music actually was...and not popular Top 40 tunes.
    5. You were a "wanna be". Madonna, Duran Duran, Michael Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, Boy George, etc.
    6. "Where's the beef?"
    7. You know how to use a rotary phone.
    8. Max Headroom was cool.
    9. You know how (or wanted to be able) to Moonwalk!
    10. Atari, IntelliVision, TelStar and Coleco were the ultimate gaming systems to own. Still have one.
    11. Leg warmers and headbands alá Pat Benatar once looked really cool to you.
    12. You remember when Jordache jeans with a flat-handle comb in the back pocket was cool.
    13. Jelly bracelets & shoes!
    14. Your hair defied gravity.
    15. You are still baffled by the "day glo" clothing trend.

So, are you a Child of the '80s? You're facing a long uphill culture battle to stay tuned-in to that great decade, so follow our advice:

Never forget or deny your 80s heritage. Be sure to start most of your sentences with "Back in the 80s" or "When I was your age"...
    Spend a majority of your time in your late 20s & early 30s obsessing over how much better things were "back then".
    Never let them see you sweat.

12. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

http://www.scifi.com/headroom/maxhost.gif'>

hahaha i cant believe i forgot him.

13. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

Dukes of Hazard
    Big wheel
    Clackers
    Pong
    Pet rocks
    Rock'em sock'em robots
    pink Panther
    Scooby's laff olympics
    popeye

14. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

we didn't have a television until i was at least six..and in school
    we also had restricted viewing..

the first cartoons i really got into were the Smurfs and the ORIGINAL Transformers

i remember when there were (was) no:
    (mtv of course)
    fox network
    CNN
    VCR's
    DVD's
    world wibe web
    gulf wars
    fax machine
    personal computer
    CELLULAR PHONES
    pagers (or only ER doctors had them)
    GPS
    smart bombs
    radar guns and radar detectors

and i remember when:
    girls wore roach clips in their hair with a feather (judas priest fans)
    RUN-DMC was the biggest rap group EVER
    an actor was president
    JAMS were the coolest shorts, or clothing, to own
    roller skating was a popular weekend activity
    girls wore leg warmers, jelly bracelets, shoes, jordache, SASSOON, chic etc
    CHiPs and Dukes of Hazzard was the coolest

15. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i'll have to go with seeking ehre, all of these shows were greaqt. i recently started watching the a-team on the new tnn, until they pulled that shit or did wahtever. it was great reliving childhood tv. i actually watched mcgyver on tvland last night...man, i honestly think i have seen every a-team,mcgyver, and knight rider episode known to man...the greatest american hero, too...

what about remington steele? anybody else watch that show? or sledghammer? jesus, great thread king of hell