Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

NOS: NITROUS OXIDE SYSTEM QUESTIONS.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ETHREADZNY, Aug 13, 2003.

1. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

EXCUSE MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE, BUT I KNOW LITTLE ABOUT THESE KITS. WHAT IS A GOOD KIT TO BUY? HOW MANY PUMPS DO YOU GET OUT OF A STANDARD KIT? HOW DO THEY WORK? AND ARE THEY WORTH BUYING?

[​IMG]

2. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

VVvvrrrrrrRRRrrrrooooOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!111 scccrrtt..CRASH!

just like that.

3. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

sometimes you got risk certain things.

4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

5. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

all I know about Nos systems...is that I can get one for cost.
    mua-ha-ha...

6. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

If youre putting it into a stock modern time engine I'd recommend a ZEX kit. No more than like a 60 or 75 shot. Make sure to tilt the bottle with the nozzle up 15 degrees and id recommend a bottle warmer, but not a ZEX bottle warmer.

7. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

Thanks, I knew either you, Steve Austin or 455 could answer the question. I am going to look into the zex kits. I really need to do some reading up on nos systems.

8. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

fuck nitrous.....

go out with class...

BOOOOOOOOOOST!!!!

9. loopsnew

loopsnew New Jack

i'd say it totally depends on how you intend to use it, really. and on what car. and honestly, what your budget is. if you plan on running it. and alot, can your car handle it? might be more cost efficient in the long run to go with boost or a supercharger, considering who knows what you'll blow on nos... i dunno. i just think if you're gonna force, then do it right. save up the $$. i think you'll be happier. umm, that didn't really answer you Q, huh? sorry. good luck :)
    :n

10. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Even though I really am an import head, there's no replacement for displacement. But forced induction dominates nitrous in any shape or form.

11. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

i <3 boost...

:love: :love2: :love:

nitrous is only useful on v8s.....and i would rather go with a supercharger or dual turbo setup even in that case...

:king:

12. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Yo Eth heres what I've been thinking. What type of engine are you putting it in. Like its been said before if its just a stock engine, dont run more than weak shots. If you wanna run larger 100hp shots youre gonna need larger injectors, lean running sparkplugs, and a worked valve train. Believe me you don't want to be running at 5k RPM and then detonation. Going down the road at 115mph when you hear the pop and clouded by smoke isn't a fun time. Basically I never tried to learn more than the basics on nitrous because me personally would never use it. Im a fan of all engine or forced induction vehicles. If you are seriously considering nitrous, look for fogger systems don't even bother with a plate system.

13. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

I would be putting it in a 400 hp small block. I really dont know much about nos. from the way it sounds, I probably should stay away from Nos systems.

14. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

EFF the NOS, on a small black, probably like a 350? Supercharger mang, supercharger. If you're ever around the New Milford CT area Big Al's Superchargers does alot of work with my father's machine and rebuilding shop. Quality forced induction.

15. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

yeah my father is going through a late midlife crisis, and wants to make his camaro faster then it should go. I would def checkout big al's. I feel that the machineist that rebuilt my fathers engine f'd us over. charged to much and didn't but the right pistons in the thing.