North Korea's Act of Agression

RumPuncher

NORTH Korean fighters intercepted a US surveillance plane and locked onto it with fire control radar in the worst incident between the rivals since a nuclear crisis erupted last year, a Pentagon spokesman has revealed.

The Air Force RC-135S aircraft was about 240km off the North Korean coast when it was intercepted by four North Korean fighter aircraft, which came to within 125 metres of the US aircraft, an official said.

"The fighters were armed. During the intercept at least one of the fighters engaged fire support radar and locked on to the RC-135," said Lieutenant Commander Jeff Davis.

He said the US aircraft was shadowed for 22 minutes yesterday by two MiG-29s and what appeared to be two MiG-23s.

"The RC-135 returned to base in Kadena, Japan without damage," he added.

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/US/03/03/nkorea.intercept/story.rc135.jpg'>

and Bush is worried about guys with camels and rockets?

How about the guys with migs and nukes ?????

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I saw something the other day talking about how much more pathetic the Iraqi military is today compared to 10 years ago. It wasn't funny a decade ago and it probably won't be much funnier this time round. I wanna say it was around 10 times weeker.

I was in college during the Gulf War. Everyone on campus rushed home after class to turn in to their favorite program...US military. It was a first in reality tv, complete with bomb cams.

I remember how excited everyone was during the gulf war.

It was the first war any of us had ever seen. We're too young for

VietNam and none of the covert stuff makes the news.

Our experience with war was watching TopGun over and over again.

It was a little unreal. Mostly becasue everything on TV seemed so far away back then.

http://news.google.com/

I'm sure it's still on top.

The MiG came within 50 feet of the U.S. plane but did not fire, Davis said.

Two North Korean MiG29 fighters and two other aircraft that appeared to be MiG23 fighters were about 150 miles off North Korea's coast when the incident occurred Sunday morning, Korean time.

Davis said it was the first confrontation of its kind since August 1969 when a North Korean plane shot down a U.S. EC-121 surveillance plane, killing 31 Americans.

Re: :presses red button:

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Re: presses red button:

the big, red, shiny, candy-like button?

ahhh..."Sunday morning, Korean time,"

the part where it talks about no communications between them...I keep thinking of top gun and the bird.

Guest BROWNer

i'm not entirely serious, but there's something

satisfying about a little 4ft dictator who wears

stiletto's not taking ANY bullshit from this admin..

one bellicose ass against another bellicose ass.

short men syndrome.

Archived