Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

North Korea's Act of Agression

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by --zeSto--, Mar 3, 2003.

1. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

NORTH Korean fighters intercepted a US surveillance plane and locked onto it with fire control radar in the worst incident between the rivals since a nuclear crisis erupted last year, a Pentagon spokesman has revealed.

The Air Force RC-135S aircraft was about 240km off the North Korean coast when it was intercepted by four North Korean fighter aircraft, which came to within 125 metres of the US aircraft, an official said.

"The fighters were armed. During the intercept at least one of the fighters engaged fire support radar and locked on to the RC-135," said Lieutenant Commander Jeff Davis.

He said the US aircraft was shadowed for 22 minutes yesterday by two MiG-29s and what appeared to be two MiG-23s.

"The RC-135 returned to base in Kadena, Japan without damage," he added.

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/US/03/03/nkorea.intercept/story.rc135.jpg'>

and Bush is worried about guys with camels and rockets?
    How about the guys with migs and nukes ?????

2. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

I hadn't even heard anything about this. When did this happen? All the news round my way has been focused on the capture of the operations manager of Osama Bin Terrorizing.

maybe Bush is hoping N. Korea will be watching the Gulf War Part Deux on TV.

3. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

google news started geting the news about a half hours ago.

I mean it's like TopGun again.
    I dont think the Iraqis even have jets, let alone Migs.

4. SteveAustin

I saw something the other day talking about how much more pathetic the Iraqi military is today compared to 10 years ago. It wasn't funny a decade ago and it probably won't be much funnier this time round. I wanna say it was around 10 times weeker.

I was in college during the Gulf War. Everyone on campus rushed home after class to turn in to their favorite program...US military. It was a first in reality tv, complete with bomb cams.

5. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

I remember how excited everyone was during the gulf war.
    It was the first war any of us had ever seen. We're too young for
    VietNam and none of the covert stuff makes the news.

Our experience with war was watching TopGun over and over again.

It was a little unreal. Mostly becasue everything on TV seemed so far away back then.

6. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

what was the name of the "scud stud" again? Remember that dude with the brown leather jacket that was always reporting on cnn while them fireworks were going off in the background?

7. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

[​IMG]

we got these though!

8. wiseguy

wiseguy Elite Member

the guy with migs and nukes arent sitting on a wealth of oil.

9. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

10. SteveAustin

don't forget the A-10 Tank Killers.

[​IMG]

11. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

yup, me and my neighbor said the same thing^^^

about Korea not sitting on a wealth of oil!!!

12. SteveAustin

I just checked foxnews.com
    This happened on Sunday. First time in 30 years this has happened...and that plane ended up being shot down.

North Korea said Saturday that Nuclear War could break out at "any moment".
    WTF?

World War Three coming soon....

13. spec

spec Guest

i ran out and bought plastic and duct tape today and i'm gunna cover myself with it:crazy:

14. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

15. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

http://news.google.com/

I'm sure it's still on top.

Two North Korean MiG29 fighters and two other aircraft that appeared to be MiG23 fighters were about 150 miles off North Korea's coast when the incident occurred Sunday morning, Korean time.

Davis said it was the first confrontation of its kind since August 1969 when a North Korean plane shot down a U.S. EC-121 surveillance plane, killing 31 Americans.