noodles

isor357

Nong shim hot and spicy ramen noodle soup appreciation thread. I thought i would let you folks in on some nong shim hot and spicy ramen noodle soup tricks ive discovered since i found this breathtaking creation.

Fresh Vegetables- I have been adding extra shitake mushroom, bamboo shoots and baby corns. I just bought some bean sprouts that i plan to add to the mix just before i take it off the heat to maintain crunchiness. Freeze dried hot and spicy squid is good too. I usually boil it seperatly to soften it before i add it to the soup. I go to a korean restaurant occasionally that has better noodles than those that come in the package. I havent made that substitution yet but i shall soon.

You can buy these noodles in bulk for really cheap. If you go to a normal grocery store its a dollar a package. At most asian markets you can buy bulk.

I usually drain the noodles and add fresh water before i add the soup base. The noodles cloud the water and make it thick

You can use the soup base to marinate meat. Ive done it with steak but not chicken. I will let the cut sit in soup base overnight and i throw it on the grill with sprinkling the dry base on the steak as it cooks. The base burns to the steak.

Nong Shim also makes Seafood and Spicy. I have mixed the seafood and spicy with hot and spicy and its really good. Use half of each vegetable packet. The Seafood and Spicy vegetable packet is mostly seaweeds. Different but good

If you like hot food and noodles you should try this stuff. It makes your lips burn your mouth burn, the skin around your mouth burn and your forehead sweat

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i have to agree with you dude, nong shim is the shit but in my bowl of nong shim are these

couple slices of raw beef, just have it in the bowl pour broth over it..

chinese vegetables

pieces of tofu *fried tofu*

you should add a little bit of lime juice to the soup...

oooooweeeeee...

eat it on a cold night with doors open and windy like a fucking storm is coming...

ok im gonna go make some now..

ohhh yeah, i too throw freeze dried quid in my soups, chop it up real small.

i also like to make soups w/tomoshiraga somen noodles.

add shrimp, bamboo shoots and such.

i'm still working on a bi bim bop that will come close to any good korean restaruant.

hoisin is goo stuff to add to your meal as well

yeah im feeling that lime juice suggestion

but the raw meat... you mean straight off

the cow no cooking at all?

What is hoisin?

Sounds like some home made minestrone lady. You should try adding noodles, and parmesan. Bump for cabbage in soup. especially savoy cabbage. Shit is good for you too. Bump for any healthy food that tastes good

Originally posted by isor357@Jan 16 2005, 03:15 PM

yeah im feeling that lime juice suggestion

but the raw meat... you mean straight off

the cow no cooking at all?

What is hoisin?

Yeah it a vietnamese thing.

Very VERY thinly sliced pieces of raw beef, the super hot broth cooks the meat in the bowl.

Anytime Im in Flushing I always grab a raw beef bowl.

Hoisin is a blackish red sauce that is absolutely amazing with beef.

Add jalapeno, lime, and mung been sprouts to that raw beef bowl.

Youre fucking set.