Noob In Effect

GoD5eNt

Just wanted to make an intro to the forums. I recently just got into Graffiti and upon reading up on it, I'm digging it alot. I was born in Havana and raised in the MIA but I've been living in Spain for a few months now. Looking forward to being on the forums, peace.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by casekonly@Mar 5 2005, 12:01 PM

welcome. be sure to read the rules and use search often before starting a thread....not in reference to this one, just a mistake alot of new kids make.

No doubt, I've been on a few forums so I know most of the common rules and all that.

Also, just to add to my earlier post, THIS is the way to make an introduction. I mean, introduction threads are pretty much frowned upon. But the only reason I didn't give this kid acouple new assholes is because he mentioned he's been reading up on graffiti and he isn't asking for information. I'm sure no new jacks will see this, but still. GJ guy.

I just appreciate the fact he isn't asking us for ideas on his groundbreaking high school essay on graffiti and it's impact on youth culture.

But yeah, the free t-shirt once you make veteran status is the only reason why i still keep coming here.

haha...

the kid came in with the right 'modus vivendi'

and it seems that casek approves. If that counts for anything.

so tell me.... you remember Havana? nice place?

Originally posted by sans sheriff@Mar 5 2005, 07:41 PM

--K-- must have at least 3 shirts by now..

actually my first one is in the mail.

AND a krink sharpie! which is probably the coolest thing ever.

I joined a board recently that has a "welcome new members" thread stickied on the top. A great place to introduce yourself and feel welcome.

Anyway, I thought I was in bizarro world. Everyone was welcoming me and being very helpful. They were writing extremely long responses to my questions and all that.

It's like I moved up in the world and 12oz is the bad neighbourhood I grew up in where there is mad murders and drug dealing, and the other board is like the nice suburb with the beautiful parks and community centres and nature trails, complete with perfect Stepford Wives type neighbours. But I ain't trying to get out the 'hood. :D

First off, I just want to thank everyone for welcoming me to the forums like you did. I just finished reading all the replies today from another comp 'cause my internet is down, but I plan to keep posting after it's back up.

KEY3: You asked me about Havana... I left with my moms when I was 6 to MIA because of a loterry they have there. My old man came about a year later on a boat. Havana is beautiful and is a city with so much potential. What's funny about it though it's that if you go to Cuba you think you just entered the Twilight Zone because everything stopped coming after the 50's. Things like new products and cars and all that, so you feel like your in the 50's too. It's crazy.

Thanks again for the welcome... and what's this about a free T-shirt? Hot.