1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

NOLA Hospital Staff

Discussion in 'News' started by 26SidedCube, Dec 22, 2005.

1. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube 12oz Veteran Member

NOLA Hospital Staff

Discussion started by 26SidedCube - Dec 22, 2005

26SidedCube - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. John Birch

John Birch 12oz Member

John Birch - Replied Dec 23, 2005

first!!!

just kidding. Crossfire seems to be slow lately...

anyway I've been following this story. to me there seems nothing wrong if they did do it. What surprises me is that its even a story...it looks like a case of scapegoating the soldiers on the front lines again...

John Birch - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. SF1

SF1 12oz Elite Member

SF1 - Replied Dec 23, 2005

I kinda agree. They were in a desperate situation and needed to focus what little resources they had on the ones that were saveable. And it woulda been fucked up to just let them die slow. The government abandoned them so who are they to judge them for doing what they had to do? At least they only euthanised the ones that had given "do not resusitate" instructions.

SF1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. Krakatau

Krakatau 12oz Member

Krakatau - Replied Dec 23, 2005

I'm in the same boat. It's only a story because of our obsession and fear of death.

Krakatau - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. RumPuncher

RumPuncher 12oz Elite Member

RumPuncher - Replied Dec 28, 2005

I just think it's INSANE that people in the most powerfull nation on earth
    were just giving up hope (the doctors) and doing something so crazy.

I can't judge them, because it's a messed up situation to be sure, but I cant stand that they were in that position.

The oil pipelines were all fixed up long before the national guard showed up at the superdome.

RumPuncher - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

!@#$% - Replied Dec 28, 2005

you can't really grasp the scope of the disaster probably.
    nothing prepared me for what i saw down there: the aftermath of hell on earth

even while i was there in late october, the two major hospitals in downtown nola still had not opened.
    i was talking wiht some other red cross staff about whatthe fuck would happen if someone had a major health crisis: they'd be screwed.

at the point that those decisions were made, the doctors were probably saving themselves and euthanizing patients because it was the most humane thing to do.

our society holds life sacred above all other things
    even a life of immeasurable suffering

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages: