Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

no whammies no whammies no whammieeeesss...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by duh-rye-won, Mar 13, 2006.

1. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Member

damn. my man got the whammy.

RIP, dog.

best game show ever.

show some love.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SANTA MONICA, Calif. - A former TV game show host and his wife were killed Monday morning when their small plane crashed into Santa Monica Bay, authorities said. Rescue crews were searching for a third person also aboard the plane.

ADVERTISEMENT

The bodies of Peter Tomarken, 63, host of the hit 1980s game show "Press Your Luck," and his wife, Kathleen Abigail Tomarken, 41, were identified by the Los Angeles County coroner's office.

The plane was on its way to San Diego to ferry a medical patient to the UCLA Medical Center, said Doug Griffith, a spokesman for Angel Flight West, a nonprofit which provides free air transportation for needy patients.

Griffith said the pilot was a volunteer for the group. According to the FAA, the plane was registered to Tomarken and he was the pilot.

The plane apparently had engine trouble and was headed back to Santa Monica Airport, located about two miles inland, but went down about 9:35 a.m. just off shore, said Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Allen Kenitzer.

Rescue boats and divers searching for the third person believed to be aboard the plane were clustered about a half-mile southwest of the Santa Monica Pier where the plane went down in about 19 feet of water.

Luis Garr said he didn't hear the engine but heard the splash as the plane "kind of landed into the water."

"It's a big splash, a huge splash. ... Then it started going down," Garr said. "The wings were still floating so I was, `Get out! Get out!' because the door was still available to get out and nobody came out. So the plane kept going down, down, down."

Tomarken's death was first reported by "Entertainment Tonight."

"Press Your Luck" was known for contestants shouting the slogan "Big bucks! No whammies!"

Tomarken's agent, Fred Wostbrock, said his client's first game show was "Hit Man!," which ran 13 weeks on NBC, followed by the four-year hit "Press Your Luck" on CBS. He also was on "Bargain Hunters," "Wipe-Out" and "Paranoia."

"He was always a fun guy to be around, and he just loved the genre of game shows," Wostbrock said.

2. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

3. RumPuncher

RumPuncher Elite Member

damn. rip.

I think that's one of those shows that's just wouldn't live up to the nostalgia.

4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i seriously liked that show.

6. DREDZ

DREDZ Senior Member

me and my o.g. used to watch that shit all the time, when i was a shorty

7. CALIgula

CALIgula Moderator Crew

RIP......

and damn that fool (in the picture) is smart as fuck for finding out the order that board works and scamming the show out of thousands...RIP him too.... :king:

8. [​IMG]

I never saw this show, but RIP.

9. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

damn, Whammy!

10. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

I remember it. RIP.

its always those private planes....

11. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

12. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

13. CamAlmighty

CamAlmighty Senior Member

Player done be hitting a wifey 20 years his junior!

Or WAS...

R.I.P.

14. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

he got that whammie joe.

rip guy i never heard of.

15. johnny ballbags

johnny ballbags Elite Member

RIP......

and damn that fool (in the picture) is smart as fuck for finding out the order that board works and scamming the show out of thousands...RIP him too.... :king:
    [post=4384422]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    i never heard of dude scammin the show... you got any links to stories about it or anything?

oh and RIP whammie dude