no shit...the cops are here

freeze

seriously, this sucks balls. i guess my roommate was involved in some sort of hit and run last night, so the cops are at my crib right now asking a whole shitload of questions. i didn't have anything to do with whatever they're here for, but all of my graff shit is laying everywhere. i have books, sketches, caps, cans, gloves, the whole fucking motherload. i didn't even know this shit was happening until i came back from the store to have two cop cars sitting outside my house. FUCK! wish me luck boys.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

umm...

if you came back from the store,

and saw two cop cars in front of your house...

WHY DID YOU GO INSIDE ??

seems like a good time to go for a coffee or even a stiff drink.

Guest TresOne

Matt's right, they can't really do shit if they came there because of a hit and run, no matter how many cans and caps you have lying around. Make up some bullshit excuse like you paint canvases at school or something. Unless you have flicks lying around that can prove to them you actually do graffiti, they can't and most likely won't do anything...

Originally posted by kissmyass#1

the police would need a warrent for graff to even touch your stuff. i wouldn't trip for now, but if they saw that shit you better get it out the house asap. keep the crib clean for a little while.

correction: the cops are in the house to investigate an unrelated crime. if they see objects which promote further investigation in plain view, they can seize whatever they please. they do not have the right to open any cabinet doors or closets. but, they can establish safety (enter any common areas; such as bedrooms, living rooms or bathrooms). once in a room, anything in plain view is free game.

Guest --zeSto--

^ you've been though it before I see.

In some places, you need to get caught red handed,

but they will use all of your sketches, photos to make a bigger case for you.

damn that was close...after the cops were done with my roommate they started asking about all of the painting shit. i made up some crazy shit about how not only was i painting benches for the neighbors but that i was also into doing canvases at school...hence all of the sketches. good fucking thing they couldn't read any of it. whew.

Originally posted by --zeSto--

umm...

WHY DID YOU GO INSIDE ??

if i go by my house and there's cops outside- and i have a roommate that i even remotely care about (if i hate the person then that's another story... and perhaps more reason not to go inside...) then i would go in... who knows what they could be there for... for all he knew his roomate had been slaughtered and spread across the walls...

Guest --zeSto--

I figure it like this...

Who are they probably looking for? You or them?

Chances are it's you they came for.

If they're hauling your buddy in, there's nothing you can do to stop them.

They might even catch 'two birds' if you go inside.

And you'd be much more usefull to your roomate if you aren't sitting in the lock-up with him.

they're there for a hit and run. they don't give a fuck about graffiti. come on... unless they're like the gang unit or vandal squad... they are not going to give one fucking shit...

tell 'em you piece. make up a name. fuck 'em. you are all very paranoid!

just a thought

Guest ctrl+alt+del

did he hit someone? you shouldnt run people over and then drive off. thats impolite. you have to strap them to you car, then drive home and leave them dying in your garage.

Guest seno.oner
Originally posted by vinyl junkie

if i go by my house and there's cops outside- and i have a roommate that i even remotely care about (if i hate the person then that's another story... and perhaps more reason not to go inside...) then i would go in... who knows what they could be there for... for all he knew his roomate had been slaughtered and spread across the walls...

i just laughed my ass off

Originally posted by blood & guts

correction: the cops are in the house to investigate an unrelated crime. if they see objects which promote further investigation in plain view, they can seize whatever they please. they do not have the right to open any cabinet doors or closets. but, they can establish safety (enter any common areas; such as bedrooms, living rooms or bathrooms). once in a room, anything in plain view is free game.

having perfectly legal items laying about your house, however, is not probable cause that any crime had been commited. if they saw flics of trains and/or bombing, they might be able to get away with it, but any lawyer worth his weight in cow should be able to get it thrown out.

the lesson here is, 'dont be a retard'... if you're serious about the shit, then you gotta act like it. dont have stuff all over the house in plain view. i would also get everything incriminating out right now. keep the paint, gloves etc, cause if they come back and its spotless, it will just be cause for more suspicion... just take care of anything illegal...

Originally posted by --zeSto--

umm...

WHY DID YOU GO INSIDE ??

no shit and if you didnt see the cars why let them in.dumb motherfuckers

Archived