no name writers whoring themselves on ebay.

seeking

unless you regularly check ebay for old paint, you're probably not familiar with the phenomenon that is no name motherfuckers trying to pimp themselves on ebay, posing as super famous writers.

now, maybe they are and i'm just completely out of the loop, but i've never heard of any of the fools that post up on there with some 'ill write your name in graffiti for $_____. or offer canvases, of their name (which ive never heard of) to the highest bidder.

maybe it's just me, but the way i look at it... quit trying to hamburger pimp, sucker. if you're cope, and you want to get over by selling $400 canvases, fine, you've earned that right. but if you're some fucking no name dude from no name no-where, why the fuck are you trying to sell your shit for $20, to a bunch of people that could give a fuck less?

anyway, i just wanted to share that.

if anyone would like to get an idea of what i'm talking about. go to ebay and type in 'krylon'.

(dont bother typing in graffiti you'll get a million dudes trying to sell led zeppelin albums and boring old movies)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by seeking

unless you regularly check ebay for old paint, you're probably not familiar with the phenomenon that is no name motherfuckers trying to pimp themselves on ebay, posing as super famous writers.

now, maybe they are and i'm just completely out of the loop, but i've never heard of any of the fools that post up on there with some 'ill write your name in graffiti for $_____. or offer canvases, of their name (which ive never heard of) to the highest bidder.

maybe it's just me, but the way i look at it... quit trying to hamburger pimp, sucker. if you're cope, and you want to get over by selling $400 canvases, fine, you've earned that right. but if you're some fucking no name dude from no name no-where, why the fuck are you trying to sell your shit for $20, to a bunch of people that could give a fuck less?

if anyone would like to get an idea of what i'm talking about. go to ebay and type in 'krylon'.

(dont bother typing in graffiti you'll get a million dudes trying to sell led zeppelin albums and boring old movies)

i have encountered the same thing... just dont go on ebay for graffiti. if your looking for old cans just type in like krylon or rusto

I think whats worse is when a well known writer i.e. Mear does something like give his stickers to a gallery at a really low price, like a couple of bucks for a pack and then signs the pack and then next thing you know someone picks up the sticker pack and sells it on ebay for 60 or 70 dollars. Not only does the artist get cut out of the money, but the idiot on ebay gets ripped off.. shit sucks.

(I saw a packet of his stickers selling for 8 dollars at a gallery a little while ago, saw them on ebay at 60 - claiming they were " Exclusive and a once in a life time deal.")

Originally posted by <KEY3>

you know what.... if people weren't buying it they wouldnt be selling it.

thats the thing. the dude will have 8 fucking canvases up at one time, and none of them will sell. next week, he puts them up again.

its weeak.

unless you regularly check ebay for old paint, you're probably not familiar with the phenomenon that is no name motherfuckers trying to pimp themselves on ebay

I guess I dont mind them selling their shit that much, but what I DO mind is them listing every fucking thing from a trucker hat to a page from a sketch book under the keyword "Krylon" or "Rust Oleum". I have to scroll through three pages of bullshit with like 10 can listings mixed in between. Fucking drives me crazy.

Seeking- Now you got me all riled up and angry...

This auction is for personal graffiti burner just for you. I will draw you an insane wildstyle piece of your name or any word up to 8 letters long. I have been writing graffiti since 1993 and have a very complex and technical style. Your one of a kind burner will come on a 14x17 piece of medium surface drawing paper, will be done in pen and ink and will look very clean. The pictures are to show you what kind of style you name or word will be in. Your name or word will be a black and white outline piece with no fill. If you want a color version emailed to you ad 10.00 to final price. Check my feedback to see what the last person had to say. I accept PAYPAL and money orders only. HAPPY BIDDING!!!

I havn't seen it. So I don't know how famous they're claiming to be. But unless they're going "I'm a internationally well-recognised graffiti artist" who cares ? If its making them happier then they can do what ever they want. Its not hurting you in anyway (that I can see) so I don't know why it bothers you.

Just my 2cents...

This is the exact thing you are talking about:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3730066346&rd=1

and keep in mind, hes been writing for 11 years....