Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

NO MORE 'MURDER'!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by king kong, Nov 18, 2003.

1. king kong

king kong Banned

MURDER INC., the record label home to JA RULE, is to be renamed to 'THE INC.' in an attempt to shake off negative images.

Also famous for representing artists such as Ashanti and Charli Baltimore, label head Irv 'Gotti' Lorenzo is also to drop the 'Gotti' part of his name.

"I am changing the name so people can just try and focus on our music and not our name," Lorenzo said. "I've been making hits now for close to ten years in this game. All everyone seems to want to focus on is the word 'murder'."

The label have had problems in the past promoting collective records by his artists who were dubbed 'The Murderers' as some video channels and record stores were initially hesitant on displaying the name.

As previously reported on NME.COM, federal prosecutors are currently investigating Gotti for money laundering and fraud charges involving Murder Inc. as well as his connections with convicted drug dealer Kenneth 'Supreme' McGriff.

Lorenzo denies the charges, saying that McGriff is a friend who he tried to help turn his life around.

He told allhiphop.com: "Hopefully people will focus on me and my artist's talents, which is making great records and entertaining fans."

Def Jam's founder, Russell Simmons, said: "I feel it's a good idea. They have always made music that focuses on love, so it makes sense to get rid of the word 'Murder', it's just too negative."

2. 455

455 Guest

Fuck the name change....I'd rather they shut down completely.

3. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Your absolutley shit music?

4. Coffie Crave

Coffie Crave Senior Member

5. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

Ashanti is a bitch dude. Talk about fame going to your head. I watched the Punk'd with her last night and I wanted to sock that bitch in the face.

Fuck yes I watch punk'd, fuck you.

6. sneak

sneak Guest

im asking myself "do i care?"
    and my brain is saying "no, bollocks to Murda inc"

7. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

8. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

9. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

irv gotti did make one cool track

ol' dirty bastard-big baby jesus

actually he just used a dope sample

10. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

its funny though...cause they are basically saying, yeah, we are a bunch of wanna be studio gangsters and were scared now cause we threatened a lot of people so we are going to change our names and stop pretending we are gangster.