No I didn't get your message...

trackstand

Does anyone else share my mutual hatred of voicemail? Not only do I hate getting messages, I hate leaving them too. Some people are really good at leaving messages, but apparently not me. A super cute girl lost interest in me recently after I left her some stupid voicemail. Not the first time that has happened, either. Except the other one wasn't too cute. I get so ticked off when I leave a message, press 2 to listen to it, then I think it is stupid, or I sound stupid, I press 3, re-record and the cycle just continues... That results in my shutting my flip phone in anger only to curse myself because the message that I DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE has been left. 5-4-3-2-1 VOICEMAIL IS DUMB.

See, my problem with voicemail is people can leave you a message making a completely unreasonable demand and I can't immediately tell them how stupid and irrational they are being, it's like by default they get the last word, and fuck do I hate when someone gets the last word. It's like for example my friend calls me and he is telling me how I was supposed to meet him and I blew him off (no homo, thanks). Well, what this kid doesn't understand is that I had something important to take care of. Bad example, but you get the point.

Oh, how about when you don't answer someones call because you don't want to talk to them and they decide to leave you a message anyway, then, it is obvious that you are the fucking asshole because you still don't call them back? Isn't that a great perk? MY INBOX WILL REMAIN FULL FOR ALL OF ETERNITY.

Well, my new greeting is me saying DON'T LEAVE A MESSAGE BECAUSE I DON'T CHECK THEM, IF YOU DO DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL WHEN I DON'T CALL YOU BACK, DOESN'T APPLY TO JOB CALLBACKS. Seems like a perfectly rational solution to me.

To listen to your message press 2, to re-record press 3,

Trackstand

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I sound like a complete fool when I leave messages. "Hi, um, this is Dr. Dazzle calling RE: our prior rendezvous. If you could RSVP at my home or place of business that would be, um, swell."

Or I completely forget/run out of things to say mid-message. Oh my god I hate it. This is why if I ever hear that beep, I just hang up. There's probably hundreds of 1 second messages of me breathing, or sighing, or coughing before I hang up.....

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle@Mar 13 2005, 05:55 PM

I sound like a complete fool when I leave messages. "Hi, um, this is Dr. Dazzle calling RE: our prior rendezvous. If you could RSVP at my home or place of business that would be, um, swell."

Or I completely forget/run out of things to say mid-message. Oh my god I hate it. This is why if I ever hear that beep, I just hang up. There's probably hundreds of 1 second messages of me breathing, or sighing, or coughing before I hang up.....

The same goes for me. I never leave messages.

hahaha. great thread. i hate recording my own phone message that people will be hearing when they call to leave me a message. it always seems corny as shit to me, and i hate it.

as far as checking my messages goes and people who leave me a message, i dont mind that really, however, i just got a new phone and i still havent figured out how to program the fucking thing so that i can check my messages. so the only way i know you called is by checking to see who my last couple of missed calls were from and then call those people back (if i choose to ofcourse).

i kind of miss being without a cell phone and not being able to be tracked down by family or friends or whoever else for that matter. then when you finally do run into someone, they're all like "thank fucking god i found you, haven't seen you in forever and i've been looking all over for you".

haha.

Originally posted by BIGMETALCIRCUS@Mar 14 2005, 03:16 AM

i feel this way towards text messages from members of the female sex.

Likewise. Especially when i'm having a text conversation with a girl i' trying it with; I'll make a joke/innuendo etc that is JUST the right side of decent. If they don't text back pretty quickly I get all ''AH! Did I overstep the line? OR did they just leave their phone whilst eating/sleeping etc?"

Which results in me texting 'nice to talk to you i'm going to bed now. Cam' in the hope that it appears it was ME who ended the convo because MEN ARE BETTER and SHE'S A HO.

Fuck voicemail, I hate it cos I have left countless messages for people before and they havnt called me back................

I think text messages are great though because you can always say, oh sorry that did sound a bit wrong, i never meant to put it across like that........ just dont send them to your girlfriend/mother/sister/female freiend by mistake when really they should be going to the girl whos pants your trying to get into.....

So on your greeting leave a message that says.

Hi this is Trackstand. Im sorry i missed your call however i will see that you called and if i like you i might call back. Dont leave a message i dont like them i wont listen to it

PEACE

I for 1 turned off my cell phone. I didnt need the agrovation. People getting pissed that i didnt answer their call. people getting pissed that i didnt call them back. People getting pissed that i dont call them. Everybody has a phone these days. If i ever need to make a call i just borrow somebodys phone. Unless the person is a fuckbag there should be no reason for why you cant make a quick call on their phone.

I hated being constantly available. Everytime the phone would ring it would get on my nerves. I left it on silent most of the time

FUCK CELL PHONES. FUCK YOU T-MOBILE

Whats kind of Ironic is that i hate when ppl Call me and DONT leave a message . I mean you took the time to call me but you cant wait an extra 8 seconds to tell me why . Maybe i was in the shitter , or currently having sex , it doesnt mean that i was avoiding you it means i was busy . So i figure if you call me and your too good to leave a message then fuck you , im not gonna call you back . If it was important enough for me to call you back you shoulda left a msg .

Guest sneak
Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle@Mar 14 2005, 12:55 AM

its cunt like this who annoy me.my phone is "nice" enough to send me a text when ever i get voice mail and when i listen to it all i get is 17 messages which have no content to them to deleate..